Is Ike making anyone else nervous?

I’ve got my eye on IKE!!

The path does not look good for my travel plans next week.

Hopefully it will change course and stay out at sea - because it looks like a big one!:eek:

I wish you the best, Goodegirl!!

It’s making me nervous, but then again- I live in the cone, not vacationing in it!! They expect it to be a Cat 4 and that is not good!! This hurricane season is reminding me of 2004-too much all at once!!

Oh I am so sorry if it changes your plans! Our last 2 days were spent with TS Fay in the area, and just the amount of rain and wind from the edges of a TS was enough to put a damper on things! I will be wishing the best for you!

Yeah we have family in Miami and Port Saint Lucie. We live in Tallahasse so it is still something to keep an out for. We all know things change daily with these storms. I am concerned for my father in law and his mother who live in Miami and basicly never leave their house. They are not doing well health wise and their house is termite infested. They have no insurance on it and any major wind will not be good. They are so afraid to leave their home and live up here with us so we can help them in every way but you cannot force someone to do something they do not want to do.

I hope Ike doesn’t turn out to be like Hugo (in '89 I think). I was young when Hugo hit NC, but I remember it very vividly.

I have a very large tree in my back yard that could take out half my house. That is my worst fear now that I have a house and a family. I would hate for something to happen to my DH and DD.

All those storms make me nervous for all of you who have to live through them.
Take care of yourselves :wub:

Make me nrevous too. We leave on Monday the 8thfor our trip Hope it takes more of the course Hanna is taken and I hope it weakens.

We leave on Tuesday night, the 9th also. I have been glued to accuweather and weatherchannel websites. As of right now, it all looks good…just keep our fingers crossed!

[QUOTE=KittieKChick;877000]I hope Ike doesn’t turn out to be like Hugo (in '89 I think). I was young when Hugo hit NC, but I remember it very vividly.

I have a very large tree in my back yard that could take out half my house. That is my worst fear now that I have a house and a family. I would hate for something to happen to my DH and DD.[/QUOTE]
I remember Hugo! I am from Puerto Rico and it hit us pretty hard. I remember seeing waves rolling down the street in front of my grandmother’s house - she lives a block from the beach so no big stretch but still pretty impressive. No water or electricity for about a week. I had nothing to do so I read an old encyclopedia - actually enjoyed it so even after the power came on I kept reading.

Yep! I live in PB County too. I am terrified. :crying:

Yikes, you do need to be paying close attention. Hope no storm heads your way. My sister lives in Port Saint Lucie and that would mean she would get it too. Not a good thing!

I am really nervous. We live in the cone too. I am hoping and praying that this Cat 4 steers clear of land.

Y’Ikes. My parents are going this month… not sure the dates, but I think Ike should be gone by then.

Lets just hope these storms turn the other way and everyone has a wonderful sunny day at disney! of course I am partial to afew clouds in the summer…

I think I like this image better…

Description of the map from ACCUWeather: This map shows forecast tracks from various computer models run by the US government. The models are collectively referred to as “ATCF” - whatever that is…

But it looks like they think it will miss Florida???

yup, looks like it goes everywhere except Florida, I like that map much better…LOL

There’s a new 5:00 update and the computer models now have it hitting lower South Florida or going south of Florida.

Tropical Storm: Computer Model Hurricane Forecasts : Weather Underground

I dont know much about hurricanes being from the ‘north’ but this doesnt look good!!! we are travelling to WDW for my daughters first trip there 9/11-9/18…ike better hurry up and get out of there or just blow off to sea somewhere!!!

sending out prayers for you all. and for all that have been hit by the last one.