Is It Just Me?

We have planned 11 trips over the past 18 years and have noticed this. Every year the price goes up and something else is not included. Even with the dinning plan the price goes up and something else is not included.

I know prices go up but over the last 10 years I was paying around 2,000 for the whole package for 4 dining included. Now its like 4 - 5,000 for the same and I still need a pocket full of money when I get there.

It seems that slowly the dinning plan price is being incorporated into the package price.

If they now charge for an unlimited fast pass without it you will be lucky to get on 1 attraction a day.

Dont get me wrong I love WDW, but it gets to the point of do I want to spend thousands and thousands of dollars to keep going to the same place.

My message is If you raise the prices don’t cut services. If you cut services dont raise the prices.

Just my opinion.

Although we may get flammed, I agree with you. I think they took so much away from the DDP that it is more convenience than value for my family. If they took away the appitzer and gratutity but kept the price the same then maybe it would be a value for us. I am a DVC member and feel like the perks have been reduced as well. l understand that even though we all feel a personal connection to Disney, it is still a business first. I just don’t think Walt would approve of the direction they are heading. Just my opinion…I could be wrong.

We have noticed a huge hike in prices at WDW over the past few years. Of course we appreciate with the economy as it is, all prices are rising and this has to be passed to the consumer in part. However, several times on this trip, DH and I were comparing the enormity in price rises with relation to just two years ago.
I have to say in fairness, the DDP saves us a fortune, because as international visitors, our length of stay benefits from free dining as alternatively, the cost of food both at QS and TS has risen considerably, and I personally feel, the quality and quantity has markedly diminished. ( My opinion of course- not intended to inflame)

I agree with you, they very well could be pricing themselves out of WDW being a family destination for everyone and becoming one just for the elite or well-to-do. If I didn’t have a home an hour away and also have a family member being a CM I could find it very difficult to justify the cost of going. I remember a thread about questioning the rising costs of admission and just about everyone said the cost was still a great value. I think this thread might just bring more people out that honestly have to say that the rising costs could really be limiting the people that can actually visit.

I have looked at the DDP prices this year compared to next year and they went up alot in my opinion. The cost across the board has risen quite a bit. It seem that when one thing rises,it all rises. I wish if they were going to increase prices,do it in a way that it is not all at one time. The rooms are up, park tickets are up,food is up and DDP cost per day is up. Although we love it there, I hope it does not cost too much for us to stop taking trips to our most wonderful place.

We usually go at least once a year because of convenience and the affordabiliity of what we received. But like was mentioned before, as the prices are continuing to go up and services removed I find it hard to justify going to do the same thing over and over.

now that we don’t live in florida anymore, i don’t see how we are going to be able to afford to go. it’s really depressing to hear my girls begging to go and we just can’t afford to:(

If we didn’t live here, we definitely wouldn’t go as much as we do. It would be impossible. :sad: I totally feel ya.

It seems like some of us share the same concerns.

My original goal was to start with the values go up to moderates and then to the deluxe. Now I may be going back down to values if we dont start looking to go elswear for a better value.

Its sad but the price of a deluxe is out of reach.

I hope the prices stablize.

Saddly cast members dont see the increases.

We have also noticed the increases the past few years. There are a few price increases that I am okay with and others I am not so much. For example, making valet parking a cost (to DVC members) I am okay with. This is just like charging for a blanket on an air plane. I am okay with making some options an additional cost, because we have an option to take it or not. However raising tickets, parking, ddp, resorts, and every other requirement for the trip is not okay with me. I understand that Disney still has to pay it’s bills, but I would rather not pad the pockets of the top dogs.

what seems strange about disneys actions …is this not a down economy,with decreasing purchasing power…???..yes costs go up ,but if wages don’t at least follow pace…disposable income suffers…and in a credit tight atmosphere that just exasperates the situation

I would agree although it seems to me that this is true for most vacations that we have taken (Disney or not). About 2 years ago we took and NCL cruise out of NYC. I could not believe how many extras they charge for. I was a sin and we will not be back.

I still feel that Disney (and the Disney Cruiseline) off great value relative to their competition. While I agree with your premise, I will ask this:

Name another vacation that offers better value. Seriously, I am always looking for ideas! :happy:

Have a Magical Day!

:happy:yes so far that is why we keep coming back…it is still after all disney,but future generations might not look at it through the same lenses,so they must be careful as they move forward not to forget their past…will give a brief report on what we encounter in less than a week…hoooooray

And the funny thing is, we get all excited about these “great deals” - free dining, buy 4/get 3 free… but the discounted prices are still incredibly high compared to the prices years ago.

Lately, we’ve been going to Disney frequently, but for a shorter time span… 2-4 days at a time. We’ll head down there when we have a long holiday or the prices are irresistable. We used to go for a week at a time, either spring break or Christmas. (Of course, those were the most crowded and expensive times of the year… I don’t mind the odd weekends. The crowds are much better.) The last time we did that was in 2008. (And then part of the reason is that my sister isn’t the biggest of Disney fans. She’s much rather be on a cruise or someplace exotic. But then whenever we’re at WDW, she’s always the one to start planning the next trip. :laugh:)

What kills me are the Disney Cruise prices. My first cruise was on DCL when I was a little kid, and then we took an RCI cruise because we wanted to go to Alaska, and when we realized how much greater the value was, we haven’t switched back (even though now DCL is offering better iteneraries). I really want to go on the Disney Dream, but it’s just difficult to pay that much for a cruise when you’ve established loyalty with other lines.

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;1052531]And the funny thing is, we get all excited about these “great deals” - free dining, buy 4/get 3 free… but the discounted prices are still incredibly high compared to the prices years ago.

Lately, we’ve been going to Disney frequently, but for a shorter time span… 2-4 days at a time. We’ll head down there when we have a long holiday or the prices are irresistable. We used to go for a week at a time, either spring break or Christmas. (Of course, those were the most crowded and expensive times of the year… I don’t mind the odd weekends. The crowds are much better.) The last time we did that was in 2008. (And then part of the reason is that my sister isn’t the biggest of Disney fans. She’s much rather be on a cruise or someplace exotic. But then whenever we’re at WDW, she’s always the one to start planning the next trip. :laugh:)

What kills me are the Disney Cruise prices. My first cruise was on DCL when I was a little kid, and then we took an RCI cruise because we wanted to go to Alaska, and when we realized how much greater the value was, we haven’t switched back (even though now DCL is offering better iteneraries). I really want to go on the Disney Dream, but it’s just difficult to pay that much for a cruise when you’ve established loyalty with other lines.[/QUOTE]very good points,we opted not go on the alaska cruise because the price differential was to great,i understand that the alaska cruise travel window is small,but i could not justify the cost…also have no interest in doing the mexican riviera cruise…it is truly not safe right now to travel to mexico…or as i refer to it as bagdhad…south,more deaths in mexico than iraq and afghanistan combined…but enough about that…good value for cruises still can be had in the caribbean…

Actually, room rates aren’t that bad. There are some great room deals. But park tickets are outrageous!!! I was pricing fall break, and it wouldn’t cost that much for my family to go down, but I was looking at a group trip, and I wouldn’t want to ask my friends to pay that much for the park tickets.

Yes they have gone up every year, but we usually get some kind of discount.

I’ve been saying exactly what you are saying on MB for the last few years, but we all just keep finding a way to go back one way or another.

Due to rising prices, I’m not sure if I’ll be able to go in 2012 like I’ve been tentatively planning.

Not unless I’m married by then.

Which would be a miracle, seeing as I don’t even have a boyfriend at the moment. :blink:

No, it’s not just you…I sometimes get frustrated with the prices. I have managed to get “deals” the last three trips, so it hasn’t been as bad as it is for someone who doesn’t know any better. In reference to the FP option money. I can’t see it Casey…WDW will be dealing with serious lines. There are not many people who can afford to shell out that kind of money and keep going back to WDW…they rely heavily on repeat business. Imagine the lines without people using FP option? holy cannoli!:ohmy: