Is it me or does it seem the crowds are low?

Based on several posts about getting ADR times with no probs for July and lines at the present, doesn’t it seem the crowd levels sound low?? We are going in July for the first time ever, we usually go in May, and I have been driving myself crazy worrying about the crowds.

Does anyone else feel this way??

We are going in July too for the first time. I am worried about the crowds and the HEAT! Hopefully you are right and the crowds wont be too bad.

We are going in July as well…I agree…oftly strange I was able to change plans and get Le Cellier (instead of Marrakesh) about a week ago…for a 615pm reservation!!! We were able to get CRT, CM’s, Ohana, WCC…let’s just say everything we wanted, we got…no problems…in fact the only one that was difficult (and this was also about 2 weeks ago) was T-Rex…and still got it, just not at an ideal time (330pm) for the day we are going.

Praying the crowds are manageable…as for the heat…well expect 90s, high humidity, and probably a shower or two each day…but at least we’ll be at Disney!!!

I gotta be honest, we had ZERO problems getting any reservations for our mid June trip this year. We usually have 3 or 4 we can’t get. Not a single problem this year.

I just think it is odd I was able to get a room at the Polynesian for nearly 60% off rack rate (could have got GF for almost the same), the pirate room at CBR for about 50% off, AND all the ressies we asked for…just not convincing me that crowds won’t still be ridiculous though!!!

That’s so interesting, because out in the streets of the parks, I’ve been SLAMMED with guests :laugh:

We also had absolutely no problem getting ADRs for the week of 4th of July, and I saw several openings for hard-to-get ressies like CRT, California Grill, LeCellier Steakhouse, and get this… Victoria and Albert’s!!! Every night I checked, there was some sort of availability for V&A (usually undesirable times like 4:50 or something). I have never seen that before.

However, I doubt the parks will be uncrowded because I was attempting to book a DVC resort by renting member points, and the only availability out of all of the resorts was a 1-bedroom and SSR. I’m thinking people are just not making ADRs… maybe because there is no free DDP promo for the summer.

Praying the crowds are manageable…as for the heat…well expect 90s, high humidity, and probably a shower or two each day…but at least we’ll be at Disney!!!

Very good point! At least we will be at Disney!

I just think it is odd I was able to get a room at the Polynesian for nearly 60% off rack rate (could have got GF for almost the same), the pirate room at CBR for about 50% off, AND all the ressies we asked for…just not convincing me that crowds won’t still be ridiculous though!!!

How in the world did you get such discounts? I only could find the 35% AP discount!

I’m here right now and the crowds aren’t low, I’ve seen worse but it’s not slow here.

Food and gas prices up, it’s easy to see attendance could drop off.

C O U L D, not will.

Ok, I’ve started shaking again:ohmy: I agree we will be in Disney but crowds and heat I am not looking forward too.

Maybe being able to get the ADR’s so easily has something to do with the new system, or as someone said, No free DDP.

I guess we will see when we get there, right:confused:

I believe I read somewhere that effective at the beginning of June that you can no longer have multiple adrs for the same time frame. I’m assuming that’s opening up a lot of slots.

There will probably be a ton of tour groups who don’t get ADR’s…It is July and tour groups take over the parks! :slight_smile:

For us, we went with Le Cellier for lunch because it is only 1 credit as opposed to 2 for dinner now. Seems like dinner is opening up there a good bit.

Have a great trip regardless!

Wow! How did you get it that cheap? I would have loved to have gone back to Poly but never saw it that cheap.

I have to agree. Usually I have a problem getting the ADRs we want if I wait until a month or two to book them but this year I didn’t have a problem AND there were multiple times to choose.

as far as the multipules ADR’S ,that has been in effect for quite sometime…problem is disney has been slow to add new attractions ,couple that with the economy not as bad but not great,money still hard to find,and the fact that alot of people now realize the brazilians are coming,add the airlines charging in some markets ridiculously high fares,you have a somewhat of a perfect storm,…don’t get mad at me but eiger has been around a while now and alot of projects that eisner had begun have been long gone…now disney seems more bent on using the land up in the strange ways,housing developement,maybe a four seasons,scheduling of events at each park…hard ticket events etc…seems like maybe eisner maybe did know what he was doing

I usually book at 7 am on the first day I can, but5 I scheduled a trip only 40 days out and waited even another week before I tried to make ADRs and i had NO PROBLEM getting everything I wanted! I have never been in July so I am hoping the crowds aren’t large and the heat?? Well we will just have to deal with it!

Last July 4th holiday week, I spent a day at AK and DHS with my aunt and uncle and the parks weren’t crazy at all. 30 min wait for EE and 30 for ToT both days. The heat, however, is another story. I’m used to the heat, but my aunt and uncle were dying, lol