Is it this time that they have gone to far? just asking

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/passes/?CMP=EMC-DLRUSENFY16Q1DLRFY15Q1APALPLNCHEM0005

this is the new pass scale for DLR…:concern:

We just bought the Premier annual pass less than a week ago. This week it went up $340 per ticket. If we had delayed, we would have had to pay $680 more for the same thing. I don’t think I would have been able to justify that type of increase with the amount of expected trips over the next 12 months.

Talk about being lucky and good timing. Usually the prices go up just before we are ready to buy.

Our local news here in Indiana also mentioned that Disney is looking at pricing admission similar to what the airlines do. Charge higher rates during peak times and lower rates during off peak.

Yeah, but we get FREE photopass downloads. Big whoop. You can KEEP it.

In the past we’ve bought the kids APs for Christmas. The price increase may well have killed that for us. It’s like buying 3 DVC APs for the price of 4. :angry:

For some reason, this really upsets me. For the first time, I’m feeling maybe buying DVC wasn’t such a good idea. For yrs people have been saying how non-DVC people get discounted rooms and special deals, but we got AP discounts. Now we got nothing. Some may argue we get deluxe rooms at cheaper prices, but they forget we threw a boatload of money at disney to start with.

Well, I made a mistake, we are getting a chance to spent $550 for 11 months of days on an annual pass. A few days ago, I could have spent $20 less and gotten a 365 days. People had gotten use to $20 or $30 increases, but over a hundred??? Before the increase I’ve said how to families with 3 or 4 kids go. My daughter would have to pay almost 3 grand just for passes or 2 grand for something like 8 day tickes for the family, never mind paying for room and food and getting there.

As far as the photo pass, we would get one every few yrs when we had family group trips. Not every trip. DH hates standing around to wait for a photo. So each pass we pay an extra for photo pass…what happen to only needing one photo pass to share???

I did finally check the DVC web site and in all its new and even more confusing interface (thank you for all that outsourcing) I did find a DVC pricing for AP’s but it has blackout dates which seem to be the 2 weeks at Christmas and the easter…no word on RAMADAAN or yom kippur yet(just kidding)…it looks like maybe 4 DVC pricing scales it now looks like water parks are out for us I believe the 649 option might work but depending on blackout dates might even go back to the 549 level…I am sure the blow back will be strong but rest assured Disney will not rollback.
my only concern is that this is the pricing before the new lands are open how high could they possibly go after the new lands???

You know when I bought DVC I failed to realize how valuable an investment it was,Why ?? because if back when I bought I should have purchased a thousand points,because I could have sold the extra points to pay for the dues and to pay for my tickets ,you see we use about 400 points a a year and by selling the other 600 for say $12 it would have easily covered the dues and tickets so the free vacation would in actuality be free after the initial cost at 95 dollars a point

That always sound like a great idea, but did you really have a $100,000 just lying around the house???

I’ve always been against borrowing my points, but I’m thinking next yr get an AP taking trip with us and kids and use up all available points and then skip a couple of yrs. Or even renting out points for a yr or two.

This is just sad. I feel like DVC members are getting fewer and fewer perks. It should be hard to bring in more buyers when you offer fewer incentives.

Im not a DVC member, and I think it id ridiculous all the way around… I’m stunned at the prices. Stunned. I guess they are hoping for a lot fewer people in the parks daily if they keep this up.

Between removing Off Kilter, Osbourne Lights, and now this, I’ve gone from checking around for another small resale contract, to pricing out how much I would get for selling my DVC. I am so disappointed with Disney right now. They aren’t supporting their faithful, always go to Disney people. No, they are looking for new money. This is not the Disney I know.

Between removing Off Kilter, Osbourne Lights, and now this, I’ve gone from checking around for another small resale contract, to pricing out how much I would get for selling my DVC. I am so disappointed with Disney right now. They aren’t supporting their faithful, always go to Disney people. No, they are looking for new money. This is not the Disney I know.

I had the very same thoughts last night. This might be it for us. It’s a crazy increase and we get fewer days. I have no use photopass, we will never use it-never have never will.

We being 25 year fans of WDW and 42 year patrons of DLR it becomes very hard now to justify the price,we are DVC ,AP"S for both DLR and WDW and use TIW when you add it all up we spend bundles on Disney and like others have said that this might be breaking point,we have a trip planned for DLR for the end of Oct ,mid dec and just canceled aulani but our spring and next fall trips to WDW are still on but after that the usually automatic trips might not be planned so easily if at all…between DLR and WDW we spend 10’s of thousands of dollars…while having breakfast with some friends this morning they saw the story of the increase in prices and asked me if I was paying those numbers and I said yes they were amazed that Disney had gotten this expensive saying that they hadn’t been in a while and after the latest price increase they even said they probably would not be going anytime soon…

Everybody has stories of back in the good old days and have accepted increases but when the increase are 20 -30 %(or more) in a yrs time…

Now that my grand kids are getting old, I’m having a hard time thinking of spending $42 at Ohana for a 10 yr that weighs less the the plate of shrimp.

this time everyone even non Disney people are talking about this increase…bad press…

You’re right about that. My sister asked me about it last night. She’s never been and may never go but she saw a news story and couldn’t believe the increase.

I wonder how this is going to hit attendance in the park…

I don’t buy them, but it seems pricey to me

failed to mention that if you thought the price increase for WDW was big …DLR premium went from 749 to 1049 …now that is a sizeable increase in one fell swoop…

I remember saying I would never pay $1.00 for a gallon of gas.

I’ll keep paying them and they know that.