Is it true that 2 WDW Hotels have no Air conditioning?

DD is looking into booking a trip to WDW at either WL or AK but she read that these 2 hotels do not have A/C only ceiling fans. Is that true?? Doesn’t it get hot in these rooms during July?

Please give me some info before she makes a decision.

Thanks
Donna

I have no direct experience but that cannot possibly be true. I wouldn’t worry about it at all.

Possibly the weirdest rumor I’ve read in a while.l

I can’t imagine them not having AC. This is florida!

Yeah, there is no way that could possibly be true. Central FL in the summer can be unbearable sometimes.

Both have A/C. Book away.

AKL has a/c. Been there many, many times during the hot summer months. In fact, a one bedroom has a thermostat for the main area, and also one in the master bedroom.

Just a rumor. We’ve stayed at WL several times and the air is very good. Maybe the rumor came from the fact that it isn’t a ‘window’ type unit like motels have but central air.

I can tell you this is a HORRENDOUS rumor, just got back from WL in June. Fantastic, freeze your butt off AC!

Just got back from WL in july we would have died with out ac! its the oh my gosh freeze to death ac too!!!

[QUOTE=DonnyD;1044846]DD is looking into booking a trip to WDW at either WL or AK but she read that these 2 hotels do not have A/C only ceiling fans. Is that true?? Doesn’t it get hot in these rooms during July?

Please give me some info before she makes a decision.

Thanks
Donna[/QUOTE]

:laugh: Somebody is either pulling your leg or they’re lying outright.
Both AKL and WL are single buildings with rooms reached from interior hallways.
They are totally air conditioned, rooms and public areas.

Plus think about this. Why would rooms be air conditioned in all of the values, but the two least expensive (still north of $200 a night) deluxe resorts not be?

Don’t worry and choose Wilderness Lodge.

Not one iota of truth - book away, crank up the A.C. and enjoy!

It was actually cold at AKL…I kept having to turn down the AC! We also opened the door to the balcony on occassion as we were cold in the morning.

I wonder if this started because both Wilderness Lodge and AKL advertise that they have ceiling fans? Perhaps this was misinterpreted as “only ceiling fans” as opposed to “in addition to the obvious AC”.

The big thing AC does it removes humidity from the air. It is amazing what a slight difference AC can make. Last night I walked out of our house (our AC is set on 82) into 89 degrees. The bigger change was the humidity, you could feel it…but it didn’t feel hot or uncomfortable. I worked in the yard for a while and stepped back inside. It was like an ice box. Ceiling fans wouldn’t get you that because they don’t take the humidity out and 7 degrees shouldn’t feel like that much of a change.

The other reason that you need AC in FLA is mold. If you had a big building that like WL or AK without it you would have huge mold problems. Removing the humidity helps keep mold from taking hold (we went into a number of homes for sale that people had walked away from where the AC was turn off. They were totally over run in weeks with mold).

Who would say such a thing.???

think of it logically! the value resorts have A/C so why would AK and other resorts not have A/C :cool:

they both do and I say go for WL! :slight_smile:

THANK YOU - THANK YOU ALL!

I kept saying it was untrue but Disney Aunt was determined that there were 2 WDW hotels that did not and that they were AK & WL.

Just stayed at WL and we :heart::heart::heart::heart: it!! I have to say it was a FREEZING COLD 60 degrees when I walked in the room. A/C for sure.

I have stayed at WL and I had AC. Can’t imagine staying in a room without AC.