Is it worth being there for the Christmas parade?

Is it worth being there for the Christmas parade Crowds prices any suggestions?

You mean the actual filming of the Christmas parade?

Speaking of the Christmas parade, I swear they haven’t changed their Festival of the Lion King cast at all in eight years. They have two casts that they switch out, and everytime I always recognize the actors/actresses. The young guy that plays Simba isn’t as young and handsome anymore… bye-bye abs.:noo:

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;916429]You mean the actual filming of the Christmas parade?

Speaking of the Christmas parade, I swear they haven’t changed their Festival of the Lion King cast at all in eight years. They have two casts that they switch out, and everytime I always recognize the actors/actresses. The young guy that plays Simba isn’t as young and handsome anymore… bye-bye abs.:noo:[/QUOTE]

Thanks and yes the filming.

You aren’t Simba, are you? :laugh:

I’ve never been there for the filming, but I think it would be amazing. I’d deal with the crowds… only for Miley Cyrus or the JoBros, though. Definitely the Jonas Brothers. Sissy is crazy over them. I’d pass on the nobodies, though (Billy Ray cracks me up how he’s trying to pull this rock star image now that he’s like 40 - living through his daughter :laugh:).

I think they taped this show in November. I remember driving to the airport (November 20th to be exact) and on Radio Disney they mentioned that the Jonas Brothers would be performing at Disneyland either that day or that weekend. From watching the parade this morning I think I would brave the crowds for all that merriment!!

We were there for Miley and Billy Ray. They were filmed on December 6th. David Cook and the woman who sang Silent Night were the day before, on the 5th.

I’ve read many TR’s and posts on the Dis, saying the crowd levels were horrible. We used the touring guides “best day” and had a wonderful time. No lines for most of the headline rides, and we were able to do TSM, 3 times. Twice with a 35 minute standby and once with FP.

The day that they filmed the Cyrus family, (couldn’t figure out…cyrus’s, cyruses??? :wacko:) was a Saturday, so crowd level was “high” to begin with-I think a “6” when most of our other days were 4’s. In front of the castle, with the recording was where most of the people were.

Is it worth going??? Well, of course!!! It’s Disney!!! :mickey:

For us it’s not worth the crowds to see the filming of the parade.The parade itself is worth the trip along with all the other XMas things around the Parks and Resorts

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;916457]You aren’t Simba, are you? :laugh:

I’ve never been there for the filming, but I think it would be amazing. I’d deal with the crowds… only for Miley Cyrus or the JoBros, though. Definitely the Jonas Brothers. Sissy is crazy over them. I’d pass on the nobodies, though (Billy Ray cracks me up how he’s trying to pull this rock star image now that he’s like 40 - living through his daughter :laugh:).[/QUOTE]

No on the simba.:rolleyes: I dont think it would be worth the crowds. I was woundering because it didnt look that crowded on TV.

[QUOTE=LAURENGOLD;916462]We were there for Miley and Billy Ray. They were filmed on December 6th. David Cook and the woman who sang Silent Night were the day before, on the 5th.

I’ve read many TR’s and posts on the Dis, saying the crowd levels were horrible. We used the touring guides “best day” and had a wonderful time. No lines for most of the headline rides, and we were able to do TSM, 3 times. Twice with a 35 minute standby and once with FP.

The day that they filmed the Cyrus family, (couldn’t figure out…cyrus’s, cyruses??? :wacko:) was a Saturday, so crowd level was “high” to begin with-I think a “6” when most of our other days were 4’s. In front of the castle, with the recording was where most of the people were.

Is it worth going??? Well, of course!!! It’s Disney!!! :mickey:[/QUOTE]

It sounds like its spread out. The attendance on TV looked light. I cant even think about it until our kids are out of school. We are rapped around there scheduals.

There’s several reasons for that.

1. They ALWAYS do the filming during a “dead” time of the year, usually first weekend in December. Everyone still in school, parents still working, etc. It’s NEVER packed for a filming day, most of the time the day guest don’t even know there is a filming going on until they get to the park.

2. This year’s parade footage was 80% from last year’s filming. Only the musical guests (and even not all of them) were freshly filmed, as well as Santa in the finale of the parade. That’s it. It was light last year, and it was light this year.

3. Just for the record and my opinion, it’s worth it to come to Disney even if the crowds are 80,000 people in the park like yesterday and the rest of the week will be this week.

Rowdy - why did they use so much footage from last year?

They could’ve totally fit everything into an hour… they really didn’t need a two hour block. It stretched out forever! (But I sat there and watched all two hours of it because I really had nothing better to do, and it was making me want to go to WDW… effective marketing strategy. :laugh:)

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Saved a whole lot that’s for sure. Still, was happy to see my friends who are no longer working with us at Disney and have moved to other projects.

[QUOTE=RowdyRAider;916603]$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Saved a whole lot that’s for sure. Still, was happy to see my friends who are no longer working with us at Disney and have moved to other projects.[/QUOTE]

So is Simba really still there?

[QUOTE=RowdyRAider;916603]$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Saved a whole lot that’s for sure. Still, was happy to see my friends who are no longer working with us at Disney and have moved to other projects.[/QUOTE]

That is so disappointing. I watch the parade every year. I was so disappointed cause I missed some - I was in the kitchen. Now I don’t feel so bad.

what about the little girl from make a wish who wanted to be in the disney parade. was that a repeat part or new?

Of course he is! He performs every day over at Festival of the Lion King! :laugh:

Thanks for all the info.

This is so very true - it’s like a two hour info-mercial :laugh:

Hey, I love your avatar. My DH thought I was nuts taking pix of the signs going in to the parks! I have that picture in with the rest of my Xmas trip photos!! (Just had to share!)