Is the price worth it?

Hi all, need some input please
We currently are booked at the POP this will be our 2nd time there.
I know DH is getting tired of the value resorts, so i just called Disney to see how much it would be to upgrade to POF…
it would be 828.00 more.
I was doing soooooooo good with my payments, I am down to 887.00 left to pay, do I really want to tack on another $830.00?
Is it worth the upgrade?
I never stayed there before, we would need 2 connecting rooms because we are a party of 6…
How is their food court? etc.
any input would be great, thank you:mickey:

me personally, I would save the $832. Just think of what you could do with an extra $832 at home or at Disney. We always stay at Pop and have no plans to change. Honestly we are not in the hotel room except to sleep so why waste the money. I would do some extra ADR or splurge on something memorable. Don’t get me wrong the upgraded resorts are nicer and all but I would save the $$$ unless this is your last trip for a while. We have gone 13 years in a row and has always been value except for our honeymoon where we stayed at the Wilderness Lodge.

I’d rather have the $830! Stay put!

I think I am pretty much set on staying at the POP, if it was maybe a 400.00 difference then I would consider it but 830 is a tad steep, thanks for the input!!

I think you should leave things as they are for this trip. That is a lot of money, which you weren’t planning for. Why not take a trip over to some of the moderates while you’re there and have a look around, then, if you decide you want to go for a moderate for your next trip, you can start keeping an eye out for a discount and start saving for it. Remember that the moderates sleep 4 - except for some of the suites at POR which have a trundle bed for a toddler, so if you’re needing 2 rooms, that can be quite expensive. You might do better with a cabin at Wilderness Lodge or looking into renting points to stay at a DVC property. That might work out cheaper than 2 moderate rooms.

thank you for your input, as of now i am sticking to the POP, just keeping my eyes and ears open for any new promo’s that might make it worth the upgrade, thanks!

This late in the game I would guess that you booked POP based on price and budgeting at the time. I would keep the ressie. There is a reason you booked a Value.
While the Mods have more amenities than the Values, if you are in the parks all the time the room does not matter. Now that the kids have grown up we travel to WDW most times to relax. We did the Values and SOG many times for the price and have plenty of $$$$ for kids stuff. Now we sit around the resort many times and might only go to out for dinner. Hence DVC or a Deluxe.

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1073499]This late in the game I would guess that you booked POP based on price and budgeting at the time. I would keep the ressie. There is a reason you booked a Value.
While the Mods have more amenities than the Values, if you are in the parks all the time the room does not matter. Now that the kids have grown up we travel to WDW most times to relax. We did the Values and SOG many times for the price and have plenty of $$$$ for kids stuff. Now we sit around the resort many times and might only go to out for dinner. Hence DVC or a Deluxe.[/QUOTE]

:wink: good points! thank you

For that kind of money I would definately keep the POP. I think the food court is way better and our experience is that the POP buses are better to get to/from the parks. If for $800 it was an upgrade to deluxe and you could take a monorail or boat to the parks, then I think it’s worth it.

ahhh yes that’s a good point to thank you

Don’t give up on the mod or deluxe though. Who knows, there may be a great deal in the future. Also, you may want to crunch some numbers in renting points. I haven’t done the math, but I keep hearing from other people what a great deal in getting a deluxe by renting.

As for our family, we use the resort a lot, so prior to having DVC, we would stay less days to afford staying at a deluxe. It’s really what’s important to you. Maybe you can surprise dh and get a couple of days of your trip at a mod.

At this point, there’s no good reason to upgrade to POR, not when both Pop and POR have double beds and not queen beds.

On the other hand, if I could afford to upgrade to either WL or AKL from Pop, I would do that.
Better dining, better surroundings, bigger beds.

If you think you could swing some but not all, have you ever thought about splitting your stay? Some nights at POP for the Value and a couple of nights at POFQ for the experience. If you did that make sure you go value 1st.

I was thinking about staying at a Mod for my last trip. It turned out that we got a really good deal at AKL…I would definitely prefer a deluxe for the extra money.

[QUOTE=bethishooked;1073522]Don’t give up on the mod or deluxe though. Who knows, there may be a great deal in the future. Also, you may want to crunch some numbers in renting points. I haven’t done the math, but I keep hearing from other people what a great deal in getting a deluxe by renting.

As for our family, we use the resort a lot, so prior to having DVC, we would stay less days to afford staying at a deluxe. It’s really what’s important to you. Maybe you can surprise dh and get a couple of days of your trip at a mod.[/QUOTE]

Dh def. would love anything then a value, but he also knows its not economically right for our budget esp. with 4 kids…and 1 income.
I might stay put at the POP for now, and just keep my finger’s crossed for another promo to come out…
I will also keep the renting dvc points in my head for next time.

i’ll have to see how much more it would be…:blush: thanks!

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1073526]At this point, there’s no good reason to upgrade to POR, not when both Pop and POR have double beds and not queen beds.

On the other hand, if I could afford to upgrade to either WL or AKL from Pop, I would do that.
Better dining, better surroundings, bigger beds.[/QUOTE]

more good points thank you!

I would stay put for this trip, I would look into the moderates for the next trip.

Any time I suggest to my wife about staying at a deluxe she won’t let me because she says it is not worth it when we are gone most of the time except to sleep.

Gang - DVC. Better than a value, cheaper than deluxe rack rates. If you can not (or do not wish) to buy the points, rent them. We own and love the extra space, the kitchen area for coffee in the mornings…