Is the teacup ride covered?

My mom and I were talking while in line at WDW about the ride…she didn’t remember it being covered. It got me to thinking and wondering if the one at DL was covered? She’s been to both, but it’s been a while, so she may have been thinking of that one. Just curious.

the Disneyland teacups are NOT covered, they are open-air. WDW teacups are definately covered.

Here are some random videos of both rides from YouTube:

YouTube - Disneyland Teacup Master - Disneyland

YouTube - Hatter and Alice Ride the Teacups - Walt Disney World

Well, I was just going to say what everyone else has already said… the DL teacups are not covered, and have a backyard tea-party sort of theme. WDW teacups are covered.

And, it might just be me, but I think the DL teacups are slightly smaller than those at WDW.

[QUOTE=WDW92;935723]YouTube - Disneyland Teacup Master - Disneyland

[/QUOTE]

That video made me laugh. I’ve never seen anyone spin the teacups so fast in my life.

Yes, they are covered (at WDW). And Yes, they make me sick. :blow::laugh:

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;935732]
And, it might just be me, but I think the DL teacups are slightly smaller than those at WDW.[/QUOTE]

I got that impression too. Seems odd that they would use different sized teacups for essentially the same attraction…maybe being under cover makes the WDW ones seem bigger? :blink: I dunno. :laugh:

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;935732]

And, it might just be me, but I think the DL teacups are slightly smaller than those at WDW.[/QUOTE]

That’s good to know.

They seemed smaller.

But I was worried that I’d been eating too many Krispy kremes as of late…

Now, not so worried…

You obviously have never ridden with my husband :laugh:

He had it going so fast that he couldn’t catch the table thing to spin it anymore

I have to tell you. I am good with rides. However, I just can’t do The Tea Cups for some reason. It actually wrecks the rest of my day.

[QUOTE=Experiment6-2-6;935931]That’s good to know.

They seemed smaller.

But I was worried that I’d been eating too many Krispy kremes as of late…

Now, not so worried…[/QUOTE]

Okay, a third person. I’m convinced I’m not crazy anymore. They must be smaller. :laugh:

I believe they are larger at WDW so they can fit more people into them at one time. I love the theme of DLRs and how they are not covered, but WDWs is nice too. :smile:

You know I ride everything that WDW throws at me, Unversal’s The Hulk and Dueling Dragons. Heck, my DD’s could mostly likely drag me on Kracken if we went there; but about 20 seconds on the Teacups and I’m holding my lunch down…