Is there a place to get your ears pierced

I know there are a lot of people who get their child’s first haircut at WDW, but is there a place to get your ears pierced there? My DD is thinking of getting hers done and thought it would be fun to do in WDW.

I’ve never seen anyone getting their ears pierced at WDW but if there’s some place to get it done someone here will have the answer.

Remember about the infection risk if the pierce site is not maintained during a vacation.

Have never seen this anywhere around WDW. Off property maybe but can’t say it’s something Ive ever been made aware of onsite! I think because of the infection risk etc it’s not something they are likely to offer!

Maybe it could be a treat several weeks before you go (so the ears are fully healed) and you can purchase some Disney earrings once you get there??

If we did it, it would be on our last park day because I would worry about having to take care of them during the vacation. She asked about it, so I figured I would gather some information, but we are trying to talk her into doing it now and then picking out some cute earrings when we are in WDW.

She is 10 and is nervous about the whole thing. We were at the Mall of America yesterday and had her to the point where she was picking out her earrings and were about to fill out the paperwork and then she backed out. She said the idea of anyone putting a sharp object into her body is more than she can take.

I can’t say I’ve ever seen anywhere either on-site but I guess off site there probably is. I like Campbell’s idea- have the ears pierced with the piercing pair given and then have the first pair of ‘special’ ear rings from Disney.

Your daughter sounds JUST like me at that age. It took me forever to finally decide to do it. I was also 10. I eventually did it over the summer so they’d be healed in time to start school with new earrings.

I’ve not seen anywhere on site that does it. The only place I’d think to check that I haven’t visited is one of the spas but I agree the liability is more than likely too much for Disney.

[QUOTE=TaraRae82;1068346]Your daughter sounds JUST like me at that age. It took me forever to finally decide to do it. I was also 10. I eventually did it over the summer so they’d be healed in time to start school with new earrings.

I’ve not seen anywhere on site that does it. The only place I’d think to check that I haven’t visited is one of the spas but I agree the liability is more than likely too much for Disney.[/QUOTE]

I thought about the spa resorts too. And without too much thread jacking-Is it normal in the USA for ear piercing to be done in beauty salons? Here it is done in beauty places, some hairdressers, some jewellers, and some accessory type shops- what about over there?

It’s mostly done at small accessory stores that are popular with young girls or mall kiosks that sell jewelry (nicer jewelry than the accessory stores but not a place where you’d get an engagement ring). Tatoo parlors are also popular but mainly for body piercing and not so much for single holes in the ear, more for cartilage or nose, navel, etc.