Is there gay day at Disneyland?

So my boyfriend is from Arizona and I plan on coming from Ohio to Arizona and we want to road trip to Disneyland. However when he was here I took him to a theme park and it was really uncomfortable, we were holding hands ONLY on rides so people wouldn’t stare because we don’t want people to feel uncomfortable. At one point some girl saw us holding hands and felt the need to tell her boyfriend who then decided to give us a hateful stare and flip us off. It really ruined my day and I felt like crying. We then began talking about if we ever go to Disney we want to go on gay day so we can be ourselves and be able to be comfortable holding hands. (Does anyone in California really even care?)

I really hope people here aren’t closed minded and start drama because my family is very religious and my morals and religion is important to me. I’m a nice kid and I don’t want people to hate me for being who I am. Thanks so much for your time and I hope someone can help.

:heart:

I don’t think they do. At least I’ve never heard of it. I am sure disneyland guests are more open minded than in other parts of the country. I am so sorry you have to endure such hatred. People really can suck sometimes. I say go to disneyland, hold hands and enjoy your time as a couple! And take a ton of pictures!!!

P.s. As a breastfeeding mom, I totally understand not wanting to make people feel uncomfortable. Sometimes you just gotta say screw it and do what ya gotta do! I personally wouldn’t make out with you bf (gay or straight it’s annoying to watch), but if you feel the urge to hug or hold his hand, by all means go for it! If that makes someone uncomfortable, then they should just stay home!

YES, there is Gay Day at Disneyland!

Gay Days Anaheim

I’m with nubeanie… and I think most people feel the same: Anybody holding hands: YES! Sweet. Anybody making out in public? Just don’t.

Thanks so much you two for the replies! I’m so happy that they do have a gay day! And it’s just around the time I want to go down! However I hope it’s not full of all those gay guys that feel the need to act all obnoxious for attention. And yeah I agree, I think it’s so gross when people are making out in public, and I would never do that. When we went to the zoo we did sneak little kisses but only when nobody was around to freak them out. I’m so excited to finally get to go to California!!

:happy:

Judging from the slideshow on the website… I think there will be a lot of attention-seekers there.

You might find that people have a more positive attitude towards you when there aren’t thousands (?) of other people in red tee-shirts. It’s kind of like… if a family with children that are cheerleaders goes to Disney World, no big deal. But… when all of the families with cheerleaders are at Disney, they are everywhere. And because they are everywhere, people associate the quiet, well-behaving cheerleaders with the obnoxious ones.

I definitely think it’s worth trying, especially if you were already planning to visit around that time. I’d really like to hear back from you on how you liked it! :happy:

Funny side bar that goes with this thread. About 5-6 yrs back we were in MK on the scheduled day. We walked in and had a blast all day long. As I noted in another thread, Gay Days in MK are one of the more relaxed days. EVERYONE just seems happier than normal. Just walk through Fantasyland. Then attempt to get on the teacups or Dumbo.:laugh:

Anyway, we were walking up Main Street after lunch @ Tony’s and overheard a husband, who was pushing his 2 kids in a stroller, ask if “isomething was going on today with everyone wearing red that we don’t know about”? His dear wife filled him in and he stopped dead in his tracks. The poor boy just stared at his shirt when she finished telling him. Ya see, the poor chap had on a brand new RED Micky Mouse shirt. He did not know what to do. As we passed by them he said that “he wondered if anyone thought he was gay”. Pam, DD and I almost fell on the street laughing.

We later saw this young couple leaving the park around dinner time. The poor guy was wearing a blue t-shirt. But just in case anyone saw him in his red shirt earlier he was trying to push the stroller with one hand and holding his wifes hand with the other, just to make sure everyone knew he was with someone of the opposite sex. We laughed again.

Dude, don’t sweat it.
Enjoy DL just like we all do. Yes, there are people that don’t approve - so what?

Some people don’t approve of beer drinking. Do you think I’m gonna stop?

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;1079364]Dude, don’t sweat it.
Enjoy DL just like we all do. Yes, there are people that don’t approve - so what?

Some people don’t approve of beer drinking. Do you think I’m gonna stop?[/QUOTE]

Very good point.

Enjoy DL just like we all do. [/QUOTE]

Exactly. :happy:

I remember kissing my boyfriend at Disneyland… :wub: and wouldn’t begrudge anyone else that same thing. There’s a huge difference between affection and “INAPPROPRIATE!” :laugh:

Yes, people are going to act stupid. People in groups always seem to act kind of stupid, don’t they? Gay Day is no exception. There are always going to be those who act out for attention. It’s like instead of being a person, they’ve decided to be a floor show.

Go… have fun… kiss your boyfriend or don’t kiss your boyfriend as you want… just be yourself and enjoy your day. Most people won’t care.

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1079350]Funny side bar that goes with this thread. About 5-6 yrs back we were in MK on the scheduled day. We walked in and had a blast all day long. As I noted in another thread, Gay Days in MK are one of the more relaxed days. EVERYONE just seems happier than normal. Just walk through Fantasyland. Then attempt to get on the teacups or Dumbo.:laugh:

Anyway, we were walking up Main Street after lunch @ Tony’s and overheard a husband, who was pushing his 2 kids in a stroller, ask if “isomething was going on today with everyone wearing red that we don’t know about”? His dear wife filled him in and he stopped dead in his tracks. The poor boy just stared at his shirt when she finished telling him. Ya see, the poor chap had on a brand new RED Micky Mouse shirt. He did not know what to do. As we passed by them he said that “he wondered if anyone thought he was gay”. Pam, DD and I almost fell on the street laughing.

We later saw this young couple leaving the park around dinner time. The poor guy was wearing a blue t-shirt. But just in case anyone saw him in his red shirt earlier he was trying to push the stroller with one hand and holding his wifes hand with the other, just to make sure everyone knew he was with someone of the opposite sex. We laughed again.[/QUOTE]

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I am so pleased you found the info you were looking for- go and enjoy your time together- and maybe do us a Trip Report to let us know how it went?

Thanks so much for all your comments guys! It’s so sweet of you. Now I just gotta work my butt off for $315 so I can get a tickets, hotel, and gas. He only lives 6 hours away! And I just watched the Little Mermaid ride out on Youtube and I’m super excited again! And heck I don’t think I can wait until the end of September to see him again, so I’ll go whenever I please. You guys really opened my eyes up. You all are sweet here thanks!

:heart:

[QUOTE=finboy;1079420]Thanks so much for all your comments guys! It’s so sweet of you. Now I just gotta work my butt off for $315 so I can get a tickets, hotel, and gas. He only lives 6 hours away! And I just watched the Little Mermaid ride out on Youtube and I’m super excited again! And heck I don’t think I can wait until the end of September to see him again, so I’ll go whenever I please. You guys really opened my eyes up. You all are sweet here thanks!

:heart:[/QUOTE]

There ya go. Now… GO HAVE FUN and ignore those less fortunate that have no one who cares for them.

Some people don’t approve of beer drinking. Do you think I’m gonna stop?[/QUOTE]

I can absolutely assure you that Boss isn’t going to stop drinking beer!:laugh:

Go and enjoy yourselves! I hope both of you have an absolutely terrific time! (and we’d love to hear about your trip when it’s over!)

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1079350]Funny side bar that goes with this thread. About 5-6 yrs back we were in MK on the scheduled day. We walked in and had a blast all day long. As I noted in another thread, Gay Days in MK are one of the more relaxed days. EVERYONE just seems happier than normal. Just walk through Fantasyland. Then attempt to get on the teacups or Dumbo.:laugh:

We later saw this young couple leaving the park around dinner time. The poor guy was wearing a blue t-shirt. But just in case anyone saw him in his red shirt earlier he was trying to push the stroller with one hand and holding his wifes hand with the other, just to make sure everyone knew he was with someone of the opposite sex. We laughed again.[/QUOTE]

Great story!

But getting back to this thread, hope you go to DL and have a great time. Try not to worry so much about what other people think, just be true to yourself. Unfortunately, there is always going to be closed minded people, but you can’t let their small mindedness interfear with your happiness. We can only hope that these small minded people will see the light some day and accept everyone for who they are.

go with your bf and enjoy being happy… :laugh:

[QUOTE=finboy;1079420]Thanks so much for all your comments guys! It’s so sweet of you. Now I just gotta work my butt off for $315 so I can get a tickets, hotel, and gas. He only lives 6 hours away! And I just watched the Little Mermaid ride out on Youtube and I’m super excited again! And heck I don’t think I can wait until the end of September to see him again, so I’ll go whenever I please. You guys really opened my eyes up. You all are sweet here thanks!

:heart:[/QUOTE]

Alright Bucco - that’s enough. I am not sweet.

Supercool, yes, but not sweet.

(J/k trying to keep the topic lite)

But really - I’m not sweet.

Go enjoy yourself! and forget about what close-minded people think! Enjoy your time with your BF, and definetly write a trip report, with lots of pictures, when you get back!!!

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;1079467]Alright Bucco - that’s enough. I am not sweet.

Supercool, yes, but not sweet.

(J/k trying to keep the topic lite)

But really - I’m not sweet.[/QUOTE]

No - he’s not sweet - he’s adorable.:happy: