Is this a No No?

I am totally against breaking or bending any rules…

That said, if I stay at POFQ and want to swim at POR is that considered pool-hopping? Or, because they are sister resorts, is that ok? I am not really interested in opinions on pool-hopping…I have one too…but wondering if there is a policy being they are kind of connected?

Just curious…

Pointing the “Finger of Shame” tisk,tisk… :laugh:

You can’t shame me yet… I haven’t actually DONE it! Just pondering it! ROFL!

(I would be in a bucketload of trouble if I was shamed for everything I think of! I have a sneaking suspicion you would too WALL!)

I have always been under the impression that because they are sister resorts it was ok to do. Although I may be wrong, and shot down in flames, and no, I have never done it, but of course someone will know for sure.

My understanding is that because they are sister resorts you’re free to swim at either resort’s pools…unless that’s been recently changed.

Dixie-
If I switch to POR or POFQ, we will be there at the same time :slight_smile: I think Dana would be there too!

I remember calling Disney and asking about using other resort pools(if staying on Disney property) and they said that was fine but no BC pool. I have not done it but if they say ok, why not. I personally would not want to go away from my resort just to swim cause they usually have a good enough pool where I am staying. It seems like alot of work.

We have always done it when we stayed at POR and if I remember correctly it was ok to use both resort’s amenities since they are linked. Portorleans.org is the BEST site to find out anything and everything about the 2 resorts.

[QUOTE=zoey9797;1027095]Dixie-
If I switch to POR or POFQ, we will be there at the same time :slight_smile: I think Dana would be there too![/QUOTE]

Oh wicked!! my dates are 29th Aug until the 20th September, but we are in Vegas from the 31st to the 3rd of Sept.
What are your dates Zoey?

When we stayed at POFQ we were told we could use POR amenities, including pool. I think these are the only ones that technically can “share”

Answer: YES!!! You are certainly welcome to share the pools, or any other amenity, at both POR resorts if you are staying at one. Enjoy!!!

Off topic but not. GF and Poly also share. We were told by several different staff members to use the other resort for things we were looking for that our host resort did not offer. And yes, it was a pain to do so. Next time we’ll just stay in the location that has what we want or else just do without.

I know that it is okay to pool hop at the All Star resorts if you are staying at one of the three. :laugh:

Yes, you can swim at either POR or POFQ…DW and I always say we’re going to do this with each passing trip, but we always talk ourselves out of it and just go to the pool closest to our room.

I was shocked at Christmas time when a CM told me I could us the Kindai pool when we were staying at AKL. The room key worked, so we used it.

I’ve always used the POR pool and FQ pool when we were staying at one of those resorts. My DDs love the slide at FQ.

[QUOTE=zoey9797;1027092]You can’t shame me yet… I haven’t actually DONE it! Just pondering it! ROFL!

(I would be in a bucketload of trouble if I was shamed for everything I think of! I have a sneaking suspicion you would too WALL!)[/QUOTE]

Oh Yeah? I’m telling Mom… :laugh:

Yes you can use the pools in both POF or PORS they share.

That would be a choice of 9 pools!
With that many options, you should be ashamed of yourself if you don’t like any of them.
Oh wait. I just remembered, none of them have water slides.
That’s still a lot of pools.

You know, it would be soooo much easier if rule of thumb would be you stay at a value-you can swim at the values. You stay at a Mod- you can swim at the Mods or you stay at a Deluxe- you can swim at the Deluxes.
That way you have accessibility to the level at which you’ve paid for.
DUCK, what was that that just flew by my head:laugh:
But like I mentioned in another post, we did it “with permission” and it really was a hassle.

[QUOTE=zoey9797;1027090]I am totally against breaking or bending any rules…

That said, if I stay at POFQ and want to swim at POR is that considered pool-hopping? Or, because they are sister resorts, is that ok? I am not really interested in opinions on pool-hopping…I have one too…but wondering if there is a policy being they are kind of connected?

Just curious…[/QUOTE]

Same resort and you can use both pools…