Is this hopping?

Hello everyone!
Haven’t posted in ages.
We are thinking of booking a surprise trip for Noah in Sept and maybe taking advantage of free dining.
I was doing some pricing and noticed on the Disney site that you can add just the water park option to your base ticket without adding the park hopping option. We know we want to go to the water parks, but I am thinking we can save $150 by not hopping.
So if we say went to Typhoon Lagoon in the day and wanted to go to Magic Kingdom in the evening…is that hopping? I would purchase the water park option, with no hopper. Is it possible to do this? Or would that be considered hopping since it is two parks in 1 day?
Kim

[QUOTE=LuvMyLittleNoah;948455]
So if we say went to Typhoon Lagoon in the day and wanted to go to Magic Kingdom in the evening…is that hopping? I would purchase the water park option, with no hopper. Is it possible to do this? Or would that be considered hopping since it is two parks in 1 day?
Kim[/QUOTE]

No, that isn’t hopping. When they talk about “parks” they are referring to only the 4 main parks. Keep in mind that you’re talking about the “waterparks and more” option, which is good for a certain number of admissions to the two waterparks and Disney Quest and is independent of the main parks admission.
So, no, you are not hopping if you use one day’s park admission to the MK and then go to Blizzard Beach in the afternoon and then return to the MK at night.
If however, you wish to go to Epcot and the MK on the same day, that is considered hopping.

Thank you. That is exactly what I wanted to know.

I concur with Soundgod, exactly what I was thinking when I read your first post.

This is good to know - I always thought that a water park was considered a ‘park’ from a park hopping perspecitve, but that doesn’t seem right. Thanks!

[QUOTE=LuvMyLittleNoah;948455]Hello everyone!
Haven’t posted in ages.
… but I am thinking we can save $150 by not hopping…
Kim[/QUOTE]

IMHO, I would think carefully about this and I think you can always add it later, but our experience for any trip four days or longer park hopping is the way to go. It gives you immeasurably more flexibility in planning (and revising your plan when the unexpected happens) and you’re already saving a ton by getting the DDP free. Remember, AK is really just a half day park and the Studios is maybe a 2/3 day park and if you’re not hopping you’re done for the day. Also, you’re on the DDP and to eat at Epcot you have to have admission to the park.

Either way have a great trip!

:simba::simba::cheshire::goofybounce: we always used to get the Hopper Pass until DS got older and wanted to try the Water Parks and Disney Quest. It worked out better than I expected it too, I had found over the years that we didn’t really Hop alot!!!:laugh: For DHS we just went to DDD that day as well. I am also a planner and had made our ressies in the park acoording to EMH any way! Works for us and Ds gets to swim more.