Is this right? Never seen this

I was on a “tips and tricks” website tonight and saw this.

Anyone know if this would work?

1. My friend and I recently had a girls get-a-way weekend. We stayed at a resort and had regular tickets…well, fla resident…we realized that you can get a fast pass with your park ticket as well as your room key as long as they are seperate. It worked great…we almost rode every ride at all of the parks that weekend. We were tired but sooo happy… (Misty Ben K)

[QUOTE=cjtownman;1126059]I was on a “tips and tricks” website tonight and saw this.

Anyone know if this would work?

1. My friend and I recently had a girls get-a-way weekend. We stayed at a resort and had regular tickets…well, fla resident…we realized that you can get a fast pass with your park ticket as well as your room key as long as they are seperate. It worked great…we almost rode every ride at all of the parks that weekend. We were tired but sooo happy… (Misty Ben K)[/QUOTE]

I have never heard of this, however…I would think that the FP is produced from a ticket not a room key…there is usually only one room key but everyone entering must have a ticket. I would think that just inserting your room key without any ticket tied to it wouldn’t work. You would need a room key for every person…which puts you right back to tieing the ticket to your room key…

Where did you read this info?

[QUOTE=smallworld;1126062]I have never heard of this, however…I would think that the FP is produced from a ticket not a room key…there is usually only one room key but everyone entering must have a ticket. I would think that just inserting your room key without any ticket tied to it wouldn’t work. You would need a room key for every person…which puts you right back to tieing the ticket to your room key…

Where did you read this info?[/QUOTE]

I thought the exact same thing!

Here is where I saw it. Sounded odd to me.

Disney World Park Tips and Tricks

[QUOTE=cjtownman;1126063]I thought the exact same thing!

Here is where I saw it. Sounded odd to me.

Disney World Park Tips and Tricks[/QUOTE]

…there are some interesting tips from people on that list…but…anyone can submit them…one of them says you can sit up front on the monorail…and you haven’t been able to do that for awhile…

I’ve never come across that website before…I think I’ll stay away from it!! :laugh:

We have never tried it but I have my doubts. A ticket has to be used in that park that day in order to work in a fastpass machine so this doesn’t sound right.

It most definitely does not work. When I rented points for my daughter’s birthday, our tickets and room keys were separate. Having considered this as an option, I tried. Fast Pass is only distributed with a ticket.

[QUOTE=smallworld;1126062]I have never heard of this, however…I would think that the FP is produced from a ticket not a room key…there is usually only one room key but everyone entering must have a ticket. I would think that just inserting your room key without any ticket tied to it wouldn’t work. You would need a room key for every person…which puts you right back to tieing the ticket to your room key…

Where did you read this info?[/QUOTE]

I think I’d have to agree here.
I know with certainty that you can’t even get a fast pass using a ticket or AP unless that pass is recorded in the system at the turnstiles. I know this because one morning, I tried to get FPs for both of us, even though DW was still in the room. I only got an FP for myself. The second pass got nothing.
So, unless that ticket or key is recorded as being in the park, no soup for you.

But I will give it a try on Saturday anyway.

Yeah, I doubt that would work for several reasons.

1. You have to run your ticket through the turnstile in order to be able to get a FP in the park. You don’t run your ticket and your room key though. If you run your room key through and there is no ticket attached, you won’t be able to get in the park.
  2. If you purchased a room only, you wouldn’t have any tickets attached to your key. So you couldn’t get into the park with it, and you shouldn’t be able to get a FP with it.
  3. If you purchased a package, they automatically tie your tickets to your room key.

The only way this might be true is if this person purchased a package and their tickets were on their KTTW, but they asked for separate tickets and the CM either forgot to deactivate the tickets on their KTTW or their is a flaw in the system. Still, I would think that the KTTW and separate tickets would then become unattached, and one would still have to run their KTTW through the turnstile in order to be able to get a FP.

Another possibility is that these people who think they’re really clever for figuring out this fluke are actually complete idiots who purchased a vacation package with tickets and tickets separately. Still, I would think that the KTTW would have to go through the turnstile.

I’m anxiously awaiting Soundgod’s report.

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;1126090]

Another possibility is that these people who think they’re really clever for figuring out this fluke are actually complete idiots who purchased a vacation package with tickets and tickets separately. Still, I would think that the KTTW would have to go through the turnstile.

I’m anxiously awaiting Soundgod’s report.[/QUOTE]

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

The only time that i’ve ever known to get double FP’s by running 2 seperate cards assigned to each person through the machines was during the GADGAD program, but that was a special for that year and not the norm and it WASN’T a room key + tics.

There are several things on that list that aren’t right. IMO, not a good list to go by.

1. If you purchased a package, they automatically tie your tickets to your room key.

There are exceptions. When booking a package we’re told specifically not to tie our tickets into room & meal plan. Regardless that still goes back to what everyone is saying which is a ticket would be needed on the room key to use it for a FP.

Now that is funny :laugh:

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;1126098]The only time that i’ve ever known to get double FP’s by running 2 seperate cards assigned to each person through the machines was during the GADGAD program, but that was a special for that year and not the norm and it WASN’T a room key + tics.

There are several things on that list that aren’t right. IMO, not a good list to go by.[/QUOTE]

…yep—that’s what I was saying—too many things not right on that list/website—I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone----

I’m anxiously awaiting Soundgod’s report.[/QUOTE]

Oh brother:rolleyes:

I agree with you guys, there are several bad ideas on there…
I did see one interesting thing that I have seen work, but it was shady.

A “super cheap” friend figured out that they gave free cups of ice or ice water in the summer. He would go up and order a drink without ice while his wife went to the next cash register and got ice… Then they would go outside and voila, two drinks.

I still continue to give him crap over that one.

[QUOTE=cjtownman;1126104]I agree with you guys, there are several bad ideas on there…

A “super cheap” friend figured out that they gave free cups of ice or ice water in the summer. He would go up and order a drink without ice while his wife went to the next cash register and got ice… Then they would go outside and voila, two drinks.

I still continue to give him crap over that one.[/QUOTE]

Oh—they don’t give different cups with the free ice? I thought that the cups for free water and ice were different ones. Of course if you are serving yourself a drink then no one is really going to say anything if you are using the wrong cup… Not something I would do—I have a very guilty conscience!! :laugh::laugh:

[QUOTE=cjtownman;1126104]I agree with you guys, there are several bad ideas on there…

I still continue to give him crap over that one.[/QUOTE]

Hey, that’s actually not a bad idea! :laugh:

Really, though - it’s not like they’re getting that much more Coke by eliminating the ice. And there are plenty of people (like my Yankee boyfriend) who order their drinks without ice anyway because it dilutes the flavor. So if they’re germaphobes and don’t want their little kids sharing straws with them, it’s a good solution.

I think that’s kind of brilliant, actually.

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;1126108]Hey, that’s actually not a bad idea! :laugh:

Really, though - it’s not like they’re getting that much more Coke by eliminating the ice. And there are plenty of people (like my Yankee boyfriend) who order their drinks without ice anyway because it dilutes the flavor. So if they’re germaphobes and don’t want their little kids sharing straws with them, it’s a good solution.

I think that’s kind of brilliant, actually.[/QUOTE]

…ooops I thought he was talking about getting the free ice and then adding a drink to it later—thereby only paying for one drink—

I think he means he’s paying for one drink without ice (so there would be a little more room in the cup for soda). Then his wife is getting the cup of free ice. So they pour some of the Coke into the free ice and add some ice to the Coke.

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;1126108]Hey, that’s actually not a bad idea! :laugh:

I think that’s kind of brilliant, actually.[/QUOTE]

Watch the Yankee comment little miss… :laugh:
There are plenty of us transplants who order no, or very little, ice in our drinks. If you remove the ice you have twice as much in your cup. So there.:glare::laugh:

You cannot get a FP with a room key, unless you have your tickets tied to the room.