It looks chilly for our trip

I know it’s still a ways off and weather can change every 20 mins. but the long range (beginning of dec) is high’s from the mid to high 60’s. (at least that’s what accuweather is saying) That’s great weather for walking around during the day, but low 50’s at night is downright nippy. Which at least our game plan of having a room at BCV works great. Way back in the day (when we stayed at pop), we would freeze just waiting for the fireworks. Now we can go back to the room for a while and return just for the fireworks. Where’s global warming when I need it? :laugh:

I am sure we will be just fine! 50s at night beats 20s and 30s, which is what we are supposed to have here. ))

I don’t know WHERE they are getting that . . . here in SoFlo at 6:46am it’s already 74 and so sticky humid . . . gross!! I hope the weather changes, we need a break from the heat!! :pinch:

I just wish it was a bit warmer for swimming. My DD is staying at BC for a few days and it might be too cold to take advantage of stormalong bay… I’d rather stay home and freeze for free, than spend a few grand to just be a few degrees warmer. Weather channel seems to have warmer temp, so let’s hope they are right.

I’m betting on warmer . . . and the pools at Disney are heated!! :heart:

Looks like you’ll get your wish this weekend. Both accuweather and weather.com is calling for high 60’s.

yippeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! :happy: Stinks for our guest who are coming for Thanksgiving . . . I know they wanted to go swimming! :laugh: And our pool is NOT heated!! :laugh:

When we were there in Dec in 2005, it was in the high 30’s and low 40’s during the day and dropped into the 20’s at night on 3 nights.

Now, I’m a hearty New Englander and I actually enjoy the cold. But there’s something downright bone-chilling about Florida when it drops below 40 degrees. Maybe it’s because of the humidity?

So, to me, 50’s and 60’s in Orlando is ideal… especially during the Christmas season. What you might miss in swimming opportunities, you’ll get back with plenty of holiday cheer.

:mickey:

I love Disney when it’s sweatshirt weather. We’re not big into the pools so that doesn’t matter much to us. So if it’s a little chilly, I’m a happy camper. Being chilly is much more enjoyable to me rather than sweating you bottom off. I’m getting older, I melt more easily.:laugh:

[QUOTE=MerlinMatt;1005905]When we were there in Dec in 2005, it was in the high 30’s and low 40’s during the day and dropped into the 20’s at night on 3 nights.

Now, I’m a hearty New Englander and I actually enjoy the cold. But there’s something downright bone-chilling about Florida when it drops below 40 degrees. Maybe it’s because of the humidity?

So, to me, 50’s and 60’s in Orlando is ideal… especially during the Christmas season. What you might miss in swimming opportunities, you’ll get back with plenty of holiday cheer.

:mickey:[/QUOTE]

I agree!! Last December it was the low 30s at night and my DDs and I were FREEZING!! Of course we live in FL so it was not the norm for us. I like high 70s for the day though . . . very enjoyable!

We went this time last year and it was COLD. At night we had jeans, gloves, hats on. I had only brought fleece jackets and they were not warm enough. During the day when the sun was out it was absolutely gorgeous, but when the sun went in, it was cold!

I’m from New England, so it takes alot to get me to not wear shorts and it was cold for me. Unseasonably so. I guess you never know at this time of year. Don’t get me wrong…it didn’t ruin our fun, I just wished I had packed warmer clothes, so it’s all good as long as you pack properly!

That’s us exactly. But I just feel bad for DGD if there is no swimming.

I feel the same. Our DGD doesn’t remember the trip two years ago (age 11 mo) so she has nothing to build the excitement about the parks on. But, she does know about swimming pools and slides and that is her biggest excitement right now. Hopefully we will have a least one day of 70s since her dad has built up the swimming pool and slide idea.
I am looking forward to Christmasy weather but don’t want her to not be able to swim at least once.

The last time I was at Disney in December was when I was in college, and that was about 16 years ago, but we had absolutely beautiful weather for the first 2 days. Shorts all day-we needed sweatshirts in the early morning and after the sun went down. On day 3 a cold front pushed in, and it was FREEZING! I only had jeans and sweatshirts to wear–I didn’t take a coat or jacket. That was kind of miserable. That’s why I like to stick with August and September trips now. Yeah, we roast, but at least we know what we’re getting. Winter Florida weather seems a little dicey to me.:laugh: You’ll have no matter what the weather. Just pack clothes for every season!:laugh:

That is the thing with dec weather, you have to pack for every type. Duriing the summer it’s shorts and maybe a pair of jeans and a light jacket just in case. Now it’s shorts to snowsuits.