Itinerary

Hi, I am new so I am just hoping from some help. I am traveling with my husband and my 3 and 18 month old for the first time to WDW, in July for 4 days. We would like to see MK. HS and AK. Can somebody share their 4 day itineraries w/ meal suggestions. Staying at the villas in Caribe Royale, which I am hoping was a good choice too.

Hi, I am new so I am just hoping for some help. I am traveling with my husband, my 3 and 18 month old for the first time to WDW, (in July for 4 days). We would like to see MK. HS and AK. Can somebody share their 4 day itineraries w/ meal suggestions. Staying at the villas in Caribe Royale, which I am hoping was a good choice too. Thanks for your help!

Welcome. First of all. You are going to have more fun than you can imagine. I would suggest that you plan your days to get there early, and drink lots of water. It will be hot and crowded… Is your 3 year old a girl or boy? I ask only because it changes the focus of your meals (sort of)… You will have so much fun anywhere you go… Here is what I would suggest:

For your day that the MK, I would suggest the following places to eat. 1. Crystal Palace. It is a character meal that has Pooh and friends at this meal. However, if you have a daughter, I would suggest the Cinderella Royal Table for breakfast. It is so exciting to see the princesses with a daughter that young. They are Fabulous with little ones.
Also a fun place to eat is Liberty Tree Tavern. It was a character meal, then that part was removed… then I think it has been added back. The characters are dressed up in their Thanksgiving clothes. It is really cute.

For Hollywood studios- I would suggest Hollywood and Vine, because there are little Einsteins characters here. It is a buffet, but relatively fun.

For Ak, definitely Tusker house for breakfast. Mickey is here, and it is a good bufet as well…

There are menus and all kinds of information at allearsnet.com. It has a lot of information, and it is easy to find what you are looking for here.

If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. We love first timers! Oh- just know that in each park, there is a diaper changing station (not in a bathroom) that is sorta near the entrance to each park. It has a place to change diapers, plus a place to have a little snack/break for your little one (you provide the snack). it might come in very handy in the middle of July if everyone is trying to have a meltdown…

oh yeah, wear sunscreen and drink lots of water.

oh, with one that little, I would plan on 2 days at the MK- your child will love it, and one at HS and AK.

Thank you so much for the suggestions. I do want to make the best out of this trip. My 3 year old is aboy who loves Indiana Jones and little Einsteins, so I think he would lobe the one restaurant you suggested. I don’t have the park hopper and will arrive the first day around 10:30 am to the actual parks. That means we are awake from 4:00am for travel) Which park do you think would be the best for that day?
Thanks for the support!

[QUOTE=jennyfr1;944420]Thank you so much for the suggestions. I do want to make the best out of this trip. My 3 year old is aboy who loves Indiana Jones and little Einsteins, so I think he would lobe the one restaurant you suggested. I don’t have the park hopper and will arrive the first day around 10:30 am to the actual parks. That means we are awake from 4:00am for travel) Which park do you think would be the best for that day?
Thanks for the support![/QUOTE]

The first day/park suggestion is usually MK, however, you will want a full day to see that park, so I suggest AK for the first day as this park can be easily completed in less than a day.
Be sure not to miss the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular for your DS3 at HS. Plan it for an afternoon showing where you can take a break from the sun and sit and enjoy the show. It is a nice place to take a break and refresh while watching a great show.

I too would suggest Ak as a first day park. It is so fun, but more low key than the MK, so it might be better for the first day. Plus, you can be done with here at a reasonable hour, and then go to bed early that night. You will need it with the crowds and the heat. You will want as much time as possible for the MK. If he likes cars at all- make sure to see the stunt show at DHS. It is a long show, but very exciting for car lovers. The Indiana Jones show is great as well (plus it is all in the shade).

I might suggest that you do MK for day 2 and 4. It is soooo much fun for your aged children…

Another suggestion that you might look at is a paid website called tourguidemike.com. It is like $20 for a membership, but he is great at telling you where to go each day based on crowd levels… It might be helpful. Of course, we can answer any other questions that you have…

DHS is more of a look out for show times park, and a little less go with the flow kind of park. It is great though for a little less time on your feet after a day of movement in the MK.

Any other questions so far? So excited for ya!

First of all, Welcome to Mousebuzz!

Next, you will find all kinds of opinions on here regarding what to do in what order, etc. The best thing to do is read some trip reports and see what others have done.

That said, I would visit Magic Kingdom first. With the ages of your children, I think that it will really sink in they are at “Disney World” when they see the castle. But, beware, the other parks may be a letdown after that.

At Hollywood Studios, be sure to visit Playhouse Disney Live. They also have a character breakfast at Hollywood & Vine with JoJo and Goliath, Leo and June from the Little Einsteins.

At Animal Kingdom, the Lion King and Nemo shows are really good, and there is hardly a bad seat in the house. Don’t get there too early, or the kids may be done sitting and behaving by the time the show starts. (Speaking from experience here.:laugh:) Take the train to Rafiki’s Planet Watch and let them brush the goats.

Some of our kids’ favorite restaurants are Crystal Palace and Liberty Tree Tavern in Magic Kingdom. They also like Hollywood and Vine.

Best of luck with your decisions!

Since you are nit staying on site be sure to check the calendar on the Disney website for Extra Magic Hours and avoid those parks as much as possible since they tend to be more crowded.

With little ones you will want to take a break but that’s harder to do staying off site. There are lots of places that are cool where they can nap. If nothing else grab a table a counter service restaurant and enjoy a snack or just a cold drink while they rest. Shows are another place to catch a short nap that may even carry over to walking around after the show.

There are also baby stations in each park that are useful for changing your baby. They are cool and well staffed.

I would suggest avoiding MK for the first day mainly because I’ve heard kids aren’t as interested in other places having been to the MK first. I have a 5mo old so we haven’t gotten to go with her yet so I don’t know a whole lot about going with kids. I agree it’d be a great day 2 and 4. Then they get it as their last memory before heading home. :slight_smile: You’re going to have a blast! Def check out sites like allears.net for great info and, The Unofficial Guide is an amazing resource. Their website touringplans.com is wonderful too, though you have to have the book to access a lot of it. Check out their Dumbo or Die touring plan. I’m sure I’ll come up with more info so keep asking questions!

Thanks for the ideas. I am waiting for the July calendar to be posted and then I guess I will make my final decsions. I will post my itinerary and see what you think. Thanks for the tip of avoiding the parks on the extra magical hour days for teh resort guest.

I would definitely do the Animal Kingdom on your first day. Or maybe HS. I’d leave the MK until the second day when you are up early and very refreshed. You’re going to need every ounce of energy you have.:happy:

As you are not staying on-site you won’t be able to take advantage of the early morning entry at the parks - so make sure that you get to the parks at least 1/2 hour before opening to general public.

Welcome to MB!!! :happy:

Well, with two toddlers, your itenerary will differ greatly from mine. :laugh:

I recommend arriving at MK at least half an hour before opening (it can take that long to park, ride a tram to TTC, and ride a ferry or monorail to MK).

Upon entry, head straight to Fantasyland - this is where the toddlers hang! :laugh:

I suggest getting in line for Dumbo, first. There is no FP for this attraction, and the wait gets longer by the minute. It would be a good idea to FP Peter Pan’s Flight or The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. Be in no rush to ride it’s a small world - the lines remain relatively low throughout the day. In fact, this is a great attraction to ride during the most crowded times.

If your kids will want to see the characters, head to ToonTown upon opening (usually about an hour after official park opening… if you have character dining with Mickey Mouse and friends, you might want to skip the Judge’s tent). Also ride the Barnstormer, as its line habits are similar to that of Dumbo.

I won’t give you the exact order to do this in (there is none!), but in Frontierland, your kids will probably enjoy The Country Bears Jamboree. In Adventureland - The Jungle Cruise, Enchanted Tiki Room, Magic Carpets of Aladdin (like the same as Dumbo!). Everything in Fantasyland (except Snow White’s Scary Adventures). Tomorrowland - Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin, Astro Orbiter (a futuristic version of Dumbo), Monsters Inc Comedy Club, and Indy Speedway 500. I suggest making an ADR for Crystal Palace - it’s a family favorite. Magic Kingdom is a great park to do in two days.

Animal Kingdom can be taken at a more leisurely pace. You’ll probably want to ride Kilimanjaro Safari first. I recommend the first showing of Festival of the Lion King. Someone mentioned Tusker House for breakfast - that’s a great idea. Take your time exploring wildlife exhibits. Rafiki’s Planet Watch has a petting zoo and is geared towards younger kids. Nemo and Friends is a must-do for toddlers. Kali River Rapids has a minimum height of only 38" so your 3-year-old might be tall enough for this attraction… it’s very wet. Definitely do It’s Tough to Be a Bug, and if you’re looking for another Dumbo-like attraction, Triceratop Spin in Dinoland USA will fit your needs.

Hollywood Studios is mainly shows, but has a lot of major rides. Toy Story Mania is a must-do (and must-FastPass). Get a FP first thing and if the stand-by line is low, get in that. It’s an amazing attraction you’ll want to ride more than once. Playhouse Disney Live on Stage is lots of fun for toddlers, as is Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage, Voyage of the Little Mermaid (you can FastPass this attraction), Muppet Vision 3-D, and The Magic of Disney Animation. For dining, Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater has an adorable theme (don’t expect fine-dining, though… food’s not that great :laugh:)

If you want a more detailed touring plan, I recommend the Unofficial Guide’s Dumbo-or-Die touring plan. Visit TouringPlans.com - Plans which save you time and effort. I believe there may be a small fee for online use, but the touring plans are very helpful for first-time guests.

Thank you so much for all the information. I was getting a litle overwhelmed with all the options and the million things to do. I will check on the unnofficila guide, but I do think you covered so much, thanks again.

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;944808]Welcome to MB!!! :happy:

Well, with two toddlers, your itenerary will differ greatly from mine. :laugh:

I recommend arriving at MK at least half an hour before opening (it can take that long to park, ride a tram to TTC, and ride a ferry or monorail to MK).

Upon entry, head straight to Fantasyland - this is where the toddlers hang! :laugh:

I suggest getting in line for Dumbo, first. There is no FP for this attraction, and the wait gets longer by the minute. It would be a good idea to FP Peter Pan’s Flight or The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. Be in no rush to ride it’s a small world - the lines remain relatively low throughout the day. In fact, this is a great attraction to ride during the most crowded times.

If your kids will want to see the characters, head to ToonTown upon opening (usually about an hour after official park opening… if you have character dining with Mickey Mouse and friends, you might want to skip the Judge’s tent). Also ride the Barnstormer, as its line habits are similar to that of Dumbo.

I won’t give you the exact order to do this in (there is none!), but in Frontierland, your kids will probably enjoy The Country Bears Jamboree. In Adventureland - The Jungle Cruise, Enchanted Tiki Room, Magic Carpets of Aladdin (like the same as Dumbo!). Everything in Fantasyland (except Snow White’s Scary Adventures). Tomorrowland - Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin, Astro Orbiter (a futuristic version of Dumbo), Monsters Inc Comedy Club, and Indy Speedway 500. I suggest making an ADR for Crystal Palace - it’s a family favorite. Magic Kingdom is a great park to do in two days.

Animal Kingdom can be taken at a more leisurely pace. You’ll probably want to ride Kilimanjaro Safari first. I recommend the first showing of Festival of the Lion King. Someone mentioned Tusker House for breakfast - that’s a great idea. Take your time exploring wildlife exhibits. Rafiki’s Planet Watch has a petting zoo and is geared towards younger kids. Nemo and Friends is a must-do for toddlers. Kali River Rapids has a minimum height of only 38" so your 3-year-old might be tall enough for this attraction… it’s very wet. Definitely do It’s Tough to Be a Bug, and if you’re looking for another Dumbo-like attraction, Triceratop Spin in Dinoland USA will fit your needs.

Hollywood Studios is mainly shows, but has a lot of major rides. Toy Story Mania is a must-do (and must-FastPass). Get a FP first thing and if the stand-by line is low, get in that. It’s an amazing attraction you’ll want to ride more than once. Playhouse Disney Live on Stage is lots of fun for toddlers, as is Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage, Voyage of the Little Mermaid (you can FastPass this attraction), Muppet Vision 3-D, and The Magic of Disney Animation. For dining, Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater has an adorable theme (don’t expect fine-dining, though… food’s not that great :laugh:)

If you want a more detailed touring plan, I recommend the Unofficial Guide’s Dumbo-or-Die touring plan. Visit TouringPlans.com - Plans which save you time and effort. I believe there may be a small fee for online use, but the touring plans are very helpful for first-time guests.[/QUOTE]