It's a Small world refurb

OK so we booked for Oct 22-29th (HOOORRRAAAAYYYY!!!)

I see that It’s a Small World will be closed for work from 8-1 to 10-22. I am pretty excited as we arrive on the 22nd and I was wondering what info anybody has on the work that will be done. I am hoping to be one of the first to behold this classic in its’ refreshed state.

We are at POFQ (first time) so any recommendations on the resort or anything else not to miss is always appreciated. this is our first time at a moderate resort as our last two trips were WL and BC. It has been two years since our last trip so I have to ask what’s new?

BTW…saw Toy Story 3 yesterday…DO NOT miss this in 3D!!!

[QUOTE=copcarguyp71;1037676]OK so we booked for Oct 22-29th (HOOORRRAAAAYYYY!!!)

I see that It’s a Small World will be closed for work from 8-1 to 10-22. I am pretty excited as we arrive on the 22nd and I was wondering what info anybody has on the work that will be done. I am hoping to be one of the first to behold this classic in its’ refreshed state.

…[/QUOTE]

I hope they update the song…something a little more catchy.

:laugh:Yuo mean it will closed when I am there in August? Bummer…lol sorry the dolls freak me out. I will try to pretend to be sad when I tell my DD.

:laugh:
I had to ride that over and over again with my then 3 yr DS and so did my DH so I am sad that it will be down for refurb but and happy that is a ride I will be able to skip.

It reopens on my wedding anniversary?
I really hope they don’t change anything and only work on the ride system and reanimating the animatronics that have stopped working. Some things need to remain unchanged, even if it isn’t one of my favorites.

WHATS MORE CATCHY THEN… “ITS A SMALL WORLD AFTER ALL, ITS A SMALL WORLD AFTER ALL!!!” hahahaha. :laugh:

Hmm, I could try and find out!

You will love POFQ. I’m not sure of his schedule, but when we were there, there was this man who played every instrument under the sun in the bar area. He was sooooooo talented. Just loved sitting there enjoying the music. Be sure to ask when he will be there and sit for a set or two.

Yeah I have to agree that the ride is a bit passee and corny but for nostalgia sake it takes me back to when I was 12…a much simpler time! Sometimes I wish there was a door in my office that was a fastpass there just to take a check-up from the neck-up!

Still curious what they will be doing with two and a half months worth of work? Anybody know?

As a follow up…all I can tell from some digging is that they are doing a re-vamp of the load/unloading to speed up boarding and disembarkation. I am torn between hoping that is true to keep things classic and wanting to see updates to renew interest in this ride for others. This ride was so very dear to Walt and is one of the last bastians of his influence left untouched at WDW.

You want nostalgia? Small World reminds me of going to the World’s Fair in 1965 when we couldn’t spare the extra admission to ride it in its original form, so I had to be content with seeing Walt describe it on World of Color.
But we did see Lincoln and the Carousel of Progress.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1037702]It reopens on my wedding anniversary?
I really hope they don’t change anything and only work on the ride system and reanimating the animatronics that have stopped working. Some things need to remain unchanged, even if it isn’t one of my favorites.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I hope they don’t change anything either.

On that subject. Have they updated the film footage in the Mexico pavilion at Epcot? It’s like watching a film reel from history class…30 years ago.:laugh:

[QUOTE=copcarguyp71;1037676]OK so we booked for Oct 22-29th (HOOORRRAAAAYYYY!!!)

We are at POFQ (first time) so any recommendations on the resort or anything else not to miss is always appreciated. this is our first time at a moderate resort as our last two trips were WL and BC. It has been two years since our last trip so I have to ask what’s new?

BTW…saw Toy Story 3 yesterday…DO NOT miss this in 3D!!![/QUOTE]

You will be in WDW for my birthday so have extra fun!

I actually love IASW and I am sad that it will be closed when I am there. DS loves it to so now I have to go break the news to him!.

As for POFQ…I LOVE THIS PLACE OH SO VERY MUCH! I stayed there on my honeymoon and I am sure on our next trip we will stay there again. No it is not a Deluxe hotel but it is the next best thing.

Oh and I agree about TS3! Awesome!

Lisa

Any thoughts from folks on the best building at POFQ to request?

We were in Building 4, with a great view of the parking lot and the bus stop, which means we were on top of the main building.