It's finally time to tell the kids

After many months of planning, many months of keeping this secret from the kids, the day has FINALLY come to tell them of our upcoming trip. We’re taking them out to brunch tomorrow morning an giving them their early Christmas present - a trip to Disney. I created a Disney Countdown chart for them to unwrap. I can’t wait to see there faces.:tinytree:

Cute!!! I can’t wait to hear about your trip!

That’s soooo fun! Congrats. I’m leaving the day after Christmas ans my kids have noclue. They did ask why the suitcase was in my trunk

11:30 can’t come soon enough! I still have all the laundry to do and to pack, but at least they’ll finally know and I won’t have to sneak around while making all the final preparations.

We are also taking a christmas trip in a couple weeks. I have not told my kids and it is killing me! I am going to try to hold off until we get to the airport. Not sure if I can do it.

Great surprise! I’m not sure if I could keep the secret that long.

Oh my gosh, how exciting! I can’t wait to hear their reaction.

What fun. I’d love to do that, but since my dd’s are adults with families of their own, not going to happen. Our youngest dd and dgd are coming with us this trip, so we are excited about that. Have a great trip and let us know how the surprise goes.

It’s already in my purse.:happy:

Wow, how great. Can’t wait to hear the outcome.

Oh how fun!!! What a cute countdown!

Well, one out of the two were excited. MY DS8 is overjoyed, My DD6 cried, apparently she’s developed a fear of flying (this is news to us). Her reaction was, can’t we go somewhere else! After calming her down and letting her know that I can give her something to relax her and that her grandmother and I plan on keeping her super busy on the plane playing games, coloring and Go Fish, she finally came around and is now super excited. In the end, it all worked out.

Now on with the packing.

I’m so excited for you. We are hoping to go in October 2009 and make it a surprise but don’t know if I can keep my mouth shut that long. Wish me luck. Glad your 6 year old came around.

Well, I am glad both children are now excited about it! I am sure you didn’t expect that reaction by your DD6 but I am sure the more she realizes what exactly you surprised her with she’ll get more & more into the idea. Good luck packing. Have fun.

As the day progressed yesterday DD6 became very excited. My DH was measuring her last night to see how tall she is, she so wants to be tall enough to ride RnRC - guess what, she’s tall enough - Yay! That made things much better. She is DH’s Rollercoaster partner.

I will be checking with the doctor to see how much dramamine I can give her to help calm her down if she starts to get a little nervous at the airport.

[QUOTE=MickeyEars;908786]Well, one out of the two were excited. MY DS8 is overjoyed, My DD6 cried, apparently she’s developed a fear of flying (this is news to us). Her reaction was, can’t we go somewhere else! After calming her down and letting her know that I can give her something to relax her and that her grandmother and I plan on keeping her super busy on the plane playing games, coloring and Go Fish, she finally came around and is now super excited. In the end, it all worked out.

Now on with the packing.[/QUOTE]

That’s about the same reaction we got from our son when we surprised him a couple of years ago. I expected him to be super excited but all he said was he didn’t want to fly. I didn’t expect that but it worked out in the end and he had a great trip. He’s said he wanted to be surprised again so we’re trying it again this summer.

Have a wonderful trip!

I love surprise trips to Disney World! I also love your countdown idea. We’re giving our kids a trip for Christmas, and we’ll tell them on Christmas Eve, but won’t be leaving until February 7th–I might steal your countdown idea! :happy: I know you are busy counting, but if you have time, would you mind telling me how you made it? It looks like a scrapbook page with numbers to remove each day, but I’m not sure.:confused:

I just dug out some scrapbooking supplies and created as I went. I did the numbers in a glaze pen so they’re kind of shiny. Have fun creating yours.

DH here…

The kids are really excited. My son wouldn’t go to bed last night until we let him tear off the first countdown number… We measured my daughter’s height and I think she’ll get on the Rock n’ Rollercoaster this time, she has been waiting for a long time. =;-)

Welcome Tiggerific!! Great to have you here!