It's NOT WORKING...need pixie dust!

Hi DC friends :tongue:
I wanted to let everyone know what’s been going on lately in the “newlyweds” world.

Working for Disney has been fun. But unfortunately, after much deliberation and heartache, I’ve realized that it’s not going to work out. We simply cannot get enough hours to live off of, and the pay is pitiful. Ryan and I have been living out of hotel rooms for over 2 months now, and we’re more broke than ever. Getting a second job is also virtually impossible because Disney cannot guarantee us any “set” hours each week.

Although it was my biggest dream to work for Disney for the rest of my life, I have to let it go. :crying:

We are leaving Anaheim (and our Disney jobs) this Saturday, and moving up to Alaska to be with family. It’s the only smart move, because up there we are guaranteed housing and good jobs.

I’m definitely confused, and sad. But at the same time, I could tell that the Disney Magic was starting to fade a little from being there every day…and I’m not willing to jeopardize that. :confused: I would much rather get joy and excitement out of planning and going on Disney trips for the rest of my life than be here every day and not enjoy it as much.

So that’s the news. Pixie dust appreciated! :wub:

You are going to be fine, this is just a bump in the road which will be buried by the sands of time. Good luck to you both as you head off to Alaska. While working at disney was a dream, I guess that it wasn’t all that practical. That doesn’t mean that somewhere down the road you won’t be there again. Pixie dust is on the way.

I am so sorry to hear that things are not working out. I hope that once you make it up to Alaska.

At least you got to try it right? It was your dream to work there and you did. Now you can make a new dream. You can always know in your heart that you got to at least do it. That’s more than a lot of us can say. You can take comfort in the fact that you won’t be plagues with “what ifs” later on in life. Belive me when you turn 30, there will be a few of them. Going to Alaska to be with family and getting good jobs is the right and responsible thing to do. You can always take a long drive or flight and visit. Sorry it didn’t work out for you and Ryan. I know how much it meant to you both. :mickey:

I’m sorry to hear that Disney isn’t working out…but I’m sure that you guys will do much better in Alaska. The cost of living is much (much!) less, and it’s a great place to raise kids. In fact I’m even a bit jealous. I love Alaska. Whereabouts are you moving to?

sending tons of Pixie dust your way !!

Literally… TONS.

Well Im really sorry to hear that and Im so sorry it didnt work out. But hey you did acheive one thing right? You got to work for Disneyland and got to experience a bit of the magic. :slight_smile: But atleast you will still beable to come down and visit the magic at The Happiest Place on Earth and I think your gonna be just fine with you new jobs! :slight_smile: I hope the moving doesnt mean you wont visit DC every now and then! And good luck with your new lives in alaska! :slight_smile: And as others said… You have all the Pixie Dust in the world from me to you guys! :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear that!!! Good Luck in Alaska!!!

it’s all part of life. Maybe with alittle more research and pixie dust you can find a job that will let you retain that disney magic you love. Maybe DL was the wrong focus. Let your circle of interest expand and “just keep swimming” the journey should be enjoyed also. Pixie dust and laughter to you both.

At least you got to experience working for the mouse. Imagine being able to tell your kids, that you used to work with Mickey.

So sorry to hear that. Don’t give up on your dreams, take some time in AK to figure out what you really want from your dream.

Hope you have a safe journey north.

Yea like Haily had said, maybe someday you can return to the Disney magic you love! You never know where life will lead you. :slight_smile: :wink:

Ryan’s family lives in the Palmer/Wasilla area, so that’s where we will be.

Thank you everyone for the pixie dust, I appreciate it so much! We live tomorrow morning and I’m praying for a safe journey. That’s a looooong drive! :pinch:

And of course, I will continue visiting DC! I am a dedicated DC member!! :biggrin:

Best of luck to the both of you in your journey!

So sorry it didn’t work the way you planned. Have a safe journey.

Have a safe journey, and trust me I know what you mean when u say u have a long journey! Last summer we traveled to all of the 50 states. On our first day we left from my step grandparents house in Monterey and we traveled to Winimukha, NV. We drove 17 hours in one day (im sure thats not alot of time for u guys but for a 15 year old it sure is)!!! But of course we had my steo bros, step mom and dad, my step grand parents and my aunt sheryl and a van (the “time out” car…u rode in that if u didnt wanna ride in the motor home or if u got in trouble) and we had a GIANT nice motor home, so in all it was a fun, but LONG trip. But everytime I go to DL (which is around 5 times a week) Ill think of u and send you Disney Magic! :slight_smile: :wink:

I’m so sorry! I wish you buckets and buckets of Pixie Dust!!!

Where in Alaska are u movin too again?..j/w…

We are going to be moving to Wasilla, AK for the moment. It’s (approximately) 40 or so miles outside of Anchorage. We may move into Anchorage in the future, though, just for a while.