It's official: Luxo Jr. is coming to Disney World

Orlando Sentinel - It’s official: Luxo Jr. is coming to Disney World on Tourism Central Florida

Luxo Jr., the hopping desk lamp that serves as the mascot for Pixar Animation Studios, is coming to Walt Disney World.

Disney officials confirmed today that a 6-foot-tall animatronic version of Luxo will soon take up residence in the Pixar Place section of Disney’s Hollywood Studios. He will appear on an elevated platform at the “Lighting” building in Pixar Place, just across from Toy Story Mania!.

Luxo was the star of the first short film in Pixar’s history, which premiered in 1986.

“He’s going to come out and do some little shows,” said Roger Gould, creative director for theme parks at Pixar, which the Walt Disney Co. bought for $7.4 billion in 2006. “He’ll be out there throughout the day and through the evening.

Rumors have been circulating for months that such the Luxo project was in the works and construction walls were recently erected around the Lighting building. Disney didn’t provide an exact date for Luxo’s first appearance, though it should be very soon.

How cute! :wub:

They have about a week… I will be there on Monday.

I didnt know this dude had a name…hhmmm learned something new today.
Wonder how they are going to pull this off? cant wait to see pics & hear about it!!

Right now I’m more interested in meeting up with Dug the Dog in two weeks.
That’s not to say I won’t have my eyes out for Luxo Jr. in the fall.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;964962]Right now I’m more interested in meeting up with Dug the Dog in two weeks.
That’s not to say I won’t have my eyes out for Luxo Jr. in the fall.[/QUOTE]

haha, ditto!

My son is going to be so happy, he used to love the lamp and baby lamp when he was little (I think he still does but he’s 11 now and wouldn’t admit it).

Gee, no estimated date or anything. I guess that means it isn’t real soon. I love that lamp. Who would have thought an inanimate object could be so cute?

Oooo thats going to be so great!

Ditto which, Dug the Dog in two weeks or Luxo Jr. in the fall?

Love that lamp too!

Well I am SO excited to meet Dug in a couple weeks & I feel the same way about Luxo, we are going again in December & I’ll keep my eye out. :smile:

Wall-E! :heart:

Ditto. I hope we see him around some time.

I look forward to seeing Dug and Luxo Jr. in Sept.