It's Tough To Be A Bug

I remember the last time I checked the WDW operational updates for AK, It’s Tough To Be a Bug was supposed to be out October 1st. I went on this morning and the only thing down is Primeval Whirl … is It’s Tough, open again? Can anyone confirm this? We arrive August 25th, and its one of our favourite attractions

wdwmagic.com is reporting that the refurbishment was cancelled.

The upcoming refurbishment of “It’s Tough to be a Bug” at Disney’s Animal Kingdom appears to have been canceled. The refurbishment was originally scheduled for August 15 through to September 30 2011.

‘It’s Tough to be a Bug’ news - “It’s Tough to be a Bug” refurbishment canceled

So it sounds like you won’t have to worry about missing Flik and his buddies at all! :happy:

I am so pleased about this!:happy: We’re taking dd’s boyfriend with us for the first time and we really didn’t want him to miss this!

I’m with you on that … so so so pleased!!

Awesome!!! I was disappointed that it was going to be down in Sept. DS has not seen it. :mickey:

Just seen this little artical if it helps! work cancelled
:ph34r:
‘It’s Tough to be a Bug’ news - “It’s Tough to be a Bug” refurbishment canceled

Wonder why it was cancelled and what kind of shape the attraction is in?

I was wondering the same thing myself … why announce a refurb and then withdraw it?

Has anyone visited the attraction lately?

I’m assuming refurbishment means needing new parts. Maybe the parts weren’t available yet.

You think they would know that before they announced that the attraction is closing.

Under normal circumstances yes, but I’m wondering (and this is probably a stretch) if some of the parts are made in Japan. With the earthquake and all, I know parts for automobiles are hard to come by. Maybe same for other types of mechanical items. Who knows though. Just a guess.

That is exciting news! Can change my “closed for referb” list!!

Hopper, like the Yeti, is in “B” mode.