Jan 1st and 2nd 2012

Going to WDW next January. My original thought was fly in on the 1st and be in the parks on the 2nd. The first is a Sunday and I thought most people would be gone. I am finding most people will have Monday the 2nd off.

Will the parks still be packed on the second or will people go on the first and travel on the 2nd? Not excited about paying the holiday rate on the 1st but sacrifices have to be made.

Thanks in advance!

I would think that most people would be starting to leave, but it will still be a little crowded… Just a guess though…

it appears that the parks around this time this year have seen significant attendance.

My guess is that alot of people will use the Monday as a travel day, so you may see large crowds on Sunday.

I do not plan on going to the parks on Sunday so it should just be crowded resorts.

If I stay at a value resort on the first and then move on the second through fifth, can I do that on one reservation or would I have to make two and pay two deposits?

Thanks again

[QUOTE=SDuncan;1061587]I do not plan on going to the parks on Sunday so it should just be crowded resorts.

If I stay at a value resort on the first and then move on the second through fifth, can I do that on one reservation or would I have to make two and pay two deposits?

Thanks again[/QUOTE]

This will turn into two reservations.

Any way to get more money! Was planning on splurging by staying at the Contemporary (MK view). However, the 1st is a holiday and they asked $700 for one night. So now it is POP for one night then move and hope the normal discounted rates apply for the next three days. Have never stayed at POP.

If you prefer luxury, POP is not for you, but if you just want a place to sleep its fine, especially for one night. We will be staying at POP for 12 nights in March and I am super excited!! We don’t spend much time in our room and by the time we return each night exhausted I could probably sleep in a chair by the deck just as well!!:smile: Now having said that I have also stayed at POFQ, BLT, and BCV…All of these offer much better amenities, better views, and BLT and BCV are walking distance to a park. If I could afford it I would choose a deluxe resort everytime, but I haven’t hit the lottery or found my sugar daddy yet:laugh::laugh::laugh:

The first time I took my children we stayed at the Contemporary so I was hoping to take them back on this trip as they are semi-adults now. Pop does what we need, a place to sleep as we spend very little time there. We always go in January when the parks are empty and the hotel rooms are the least expensive. Just have never paid holiday rates. Sticker schock!!!