Jan-Feb Reservations Made

Hi all -

I am coming out of the shadows after lurking here off and on for a few years. I have gleaned much from the wisdom of those of you that go to Disney way more often than I have been able to, so thanks for your insight and input.

I just pulled the final trigger on my dining reservations for our late-January, early-February trip using the free dining plan offer. We have 3 kids who will be 12, 7, and 5 when we go, and this will be the 3rd trip for the oldest and only the 2nd for the two younger ones. We were trying to get Mickey’s Backyard BBQ since we still have 2 kids that we thought would enjoy it, but I discovered this morning that they don’t book that show through January and February.

We were also a little late in booking our trip, so here’s what we were able to get for dining:

[ul]
[li]Day 1 @ MK: Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner[/li][li]Day 2 @ HS: Mama Melrose’s for lunch[/li][li]Day 3 @ AK: counter service meals[/li][li]Day 4 (day off): Chef Mickey’s late breakfast, Spirit of Aloha for dinner[/li][li]Day 5 @ MK: Crystal Palace for dinner[/li][li]Day 6 @ Epcot: Coral Reef for dinner[/li][/ul]

Crystal Palace, Mama Melrose’s, and Coral Reef are new to us. We’ve done the others on one of our previous trips. We debated on several other options but settled on this. What do you think?

– phil –

Welcome to Mousebuzz!!! I like the choices you have chosen,well, the ones I have been too. I love Chef Mickeys. It is a must do for us. I LOVE also, Bomas for variety. It is different,but something for everyone. Ohannas is another really good place. It is definetly for the meat eaters and has the best bread pudding for dessert.

Glad you jumped in … I think you have a nice selection, there. Enjoy!

[QUOTE=philroy;1093508]Hi all -

I am coming out of the shadows after lurking here off and on for a few years. I have gleaned much from the wisdom of those of you that go to Disney way more often than I have been able to, so thanks for your insight and input.

I just pulled the final trigger on my dining reservations for our late-January, early-February trip using the free dining plan offer. We have 3 kids who will be 12, 7, and 5 when we go, and this will be the 3rd trip for the oldest and only the 2nd for the two younger ones. We were trying to get Mickey’s Backyard BBQ since we still have 2 kids that we thought would enjoy it, but I discovered this morning that they don’t book that show through January and February.

We were also a little late in booking our trip, so here’s what we were able to get for dining:

[ul]
[li]Day 1 @ MK: Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner
[/li][li]Day 2 @ HS: Mama Melrose’s for lunch
[/li][li]Day 3 @ AK: counter service meals
[/li][li]Day 4 (day off): Chef Mickey’s late breakfast, Spirit of Aloha for dinner
[/li][li]Day 5 @ MK: Crystal Palace for dinner
[/li][li]Day 6 @ Epcot: Coral Reef for dinner
[/li][/ul]

Crystal Palace, Mama Melrose’s, and Coral Reef are new to us. We’ve done the others on one of our previous trips. We debated on several other options but settled on this What do you think?

– phil --[/QUOTE]

I have been to CP once for dinner and I was pleasently surprised. It was really good.

Have you looked at Whispering Canyon? For children of those ages I think it would be a lot of fun if you enjoy that type of food. It’s loud and rowdy but that’s what we like about it.

Welcome to being active on MB!!! Your choices looke great. We have really enjoyed CP for dinner many times.

Sounds like fun. I think that you will like those choices. they all seem to be pretty good… especially for your age groups… Sounds like a great trip!

Liberty Tree was yummy when we ate there 2 loooog weeks ago. I want to go to the Spirit of Aloha, so you will have to share your experience!

I agree Liberty Tree is really good and yet easier to get adrs than some others.

Whispering Canyon was actually on my short list, but it just wouldn’t work with our park schedule. My wife is a firm believer in closing down the park if at all possible. :smile:

Great choices! You’ll have a wonderful trip!!

Great choices!

Coral Reef gets a bad rep so I just want you to know that I loved this place! The portion sizes are small but he whole experience was awesome!

BTW Wwlcome!!!

Lisa