January 2010: WDW Marathon weekend

So, who’s going to the race this year? I know in the past we have had several MB members who go either to run or cheer on a family member.

Once again, I will be running the half marathon. Anyone else planning on being there?

No one???

I’m doing the half this year…did the full last year and the year before…and decided this old bod just can’t do the full anymore.

DB is running the half with me…and DS is running the full the next day. We’ve got a big crowd going with us to cheer us on.

Would love to meet up with you…it’s a crazy day, but if we could pick a time and place, it’d be great to share our victories! When are you getting down there? When are you leaving? (We get there on Friday the 8th, and leave on the 15th.)

You will find our whole crew at Kimono’s Saturday night singing karaoke, if you’re feeling up to it. We’re going 1/7 thru 1/12, but we move over to Universal Sunday.
If you see any signs along the race course that say “Tag’s” or “Taginators”, that would be one of our cheer squad, so wave!

We’ll also be meetingup at Fresh for breakfast Sunday morning before going out to cheer for the full participants.

Kimono’s sounds great Saturday night! We were going to do that on Sunday night, but it’s an easy enough change! DB LOVES their seaweed salad!
I’ll keep an eye out for you and your Taginators on the route!

I look froward to seeing my fellow MB member’s as we will be there that weekend XD. Can you guys tell me if it’s going to be crowded when we go?

What days are you going? Marathon weekend itself is fairly crowded…for that time of the year anyway. But the crowds thin out to almost nothing come Monday.

Come out and join us as we let loose Saturday night, Justin. Or are you running in the full? I know all those runners will be in bed by then. :laugh:

[QUOTE=ddoll;997014]What days are you going? Marathon weekend itself is fairly crowded…for that time of the year anyway. But the crowds thin out to almost nothing come Monday.

Come out and join us as we let loose Saturday night, Justin. Or are you running in the full? I know all those runners will be in bed by then. :laugh:[/QUOTE]

I’m not running ha, just wanted to know how the crowds are XD. Believe me you don’t wanna see me run :blink:

Okay, I give up: what’s “XD”? :confused:

You never saw “XD” before… turn it upside and it looks like a smiley :happy:

Why yes, it does. Never saw that one before though. :smile: