January 2011 When to go?

I’m planning to go back to DW beginning of jan '11. I can either go from 1/4 to 1/9 or the next week 1/11 to 1/16. My question is how long do they leave the Christmas decorations up. Do they take them all down right after the new year? Also this past year I noticed they had to free gift cards from $300 to $750 if you booked a vacation around then. Do they seem to do that every year, like the free Disney dining in the fall? I’m hoping to get a good deal as that is a Value Season.

We went from Jan. 4th to the 14th a few years ago and the weather was great and the crowds were non-existent.

I don’t remember seeing too many Christmas decorations. I don’t know about you, but I’ll sacrifice a little tinsel for a 10 minute wait on Toy Story.

The decorations will disappear as magically as they appeared. And so will the crowds once you get past the 1st!

I was wanting to say they take them down around the 2nd or by the 2nd from what I was told. We are in the process of planning a trip for around then also.

My brother and sister in law were there on January 4th, and it was the last night of Osborne lights. Also, in the morning, the resort had Christmas plants still there, by afternoon, they were gone.

We were there from Dec. 25 to Jan. 17 and the decorations came down gradually and were mostly gone by the end of the first week of January - personally, I’d choose the later dates. And I hope you have better weather than we had! FREEZING!:pinch: