Japanese Restaurant

Trying to get my ADR’s ready.

Which is the good Japanese restaurant with the Hibatchi grill - under the dining plan.

Teppan Edo or Tokyo Dining

I think it’s Teppan Edo.

Its Tappen Edo. We had the dinning plan and had dinner there last year, it was very good. We didn’t go back this year because we wanted to try new places but def worth the DDP there. You get your money worth if you like hibatchi.

We went for DD5 birthday! It was OK, I was a little disappointed. The Filet mignon was dee-lish, but the noodles and veggies were weird and bland. I love veggies too!! My kids liked their chicken but we left hungry and not WOWED!

You should try Chef de France . . . we had a YUMMY late lunch there. It’s a good DDP deal too, since you get app/entree/dessert in a smaller lunch portion. The onion cheese soup was TO. DIE. FOR. :happy:

It is Teppan Edo and it is enjoyable. However we’ve eaten at Tokyo Dining many more times because we like sushi. The dining plan is honored in both restaurants.
Side note: I don’t care much for either restaurant’s desserts.

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;981193]
You should try Chef de France . . . we had a YUMMY late lunch there. It’s a good DDP deal too, since you get app/entree/dessert in a smaller lunch portion. The onion cheese soup was TO. DIE. FOR. :happy:[/QUOTE]

One thing to keep in mind is that before 4 PM this is a $20 prix fix menu and choices are very limited. If you’re going to choose the prix fix menu, at least do dinner which is $37 and offers a little more choice and more substantial portions if you’re going to use a dining plan sit down credit rather than paying out of pocket.

Chefs de France - Epcot - Lunch Menu
Chefs de France Dinner Menu - France - World Showcase - Epcot
Chefs de France Kids Menu - France - World Showcase - Epcot

[QUOTE=Soundgod;981211]One thing to keep in mind is that before 4 PM this is a $20 prix fix menu and choices are very limited. If you’re going to choose the prix fix menu, at least do dinner which is $37 and offers a little more choice and more substantial portions if you’re going to use a dining plan sit down credit rather than paying out of pocket.

Chefs de France - Epcot - Lunch Menu
Chefs de France Dinner Menu - France - World Showcase - Epcot
Chefs de France Kids Menu - France - World Showcase - Epcot[/QUOTE]

All good to know, except Remy won’t be there for dinner. :pinch:

How funny you say…DH felt the same way. We lived in Okinawa a few years and anytime you wanted a steak all the steak houses were hibatchi style. After eating DH would always look around for a McD’s :)Said portions were too small and that was the real deal.

Funny we live there now and the only steak house Ive been to had HUGE potions. My DH and I shared a plate and he isn’t a light eater (I joke he can outeat two of me)… It has to depend on where you go.

Teppan Edo is the typical Japanese Steak House with the chefs cooking at your table. Personally, we absolutely LOVE Toyko Dining. The service is wonderful (nice hot towels to start:happy:) and if you like sushi my family has given it an “A”. I’m not a sushi lover, so I always have the tempura. It is always greaseless and delicious. And the portion is huge.

Capitol Steakhouse out Gate 5, unusually small for the $. One right past Sunset Beach too. A few others as well but can’t recall names anymore.
Now, Mongolian BBQ Grill out Gate 1 and one up at Okuma are a completely different story:heart:

We were there in the mid 90’s and I imagine a lot of things have changed since then.

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;982158]Capitol Steakhouse out Gate 5, unusually small for the $. One right past Sunset Beach too. A few others as well but can’t recall names anymore.
Now, Mongolian BBQ Grill out Gate 1 and one up at Okuma are a completely different story:heart:

We were there in the mid 90’s and I imagine a lot of things have changed since then.[/QUOTE]

We are debating going to Sams by the Sea but the cost is soo expensive…

Im sure things have. Heck, weve been here 2 years and things have changed a lot just in that short time.

[QUOTE=WishIWasThere;982183]
Im sure things have. Heck, weve been here 2 years and things have changed a lot just in that short time.[/QUOTE]

When I was born, it was an American flag that flew over Okinawa until literally 3 days after my 17th birthday. Sometimes I think we should have kept it considering what it cost us in 1945.

Sorry for the history lesson.
Hey, they just opened a Benihana about a mile and a half from my house.

[QUOTE=WishIWasThere;982183]We are debating going to Sams by the Sea but the cost is soo expensive…

Im sure things have. Heck, weve been here 2 years and things have changed a lot just in that short time.[/QUOTE]

Ahh, Sam’s. Yes, one of my fav tourist traps, er…I mean must do’s. Pricey it is. I’d have to say for local-:heart:Mongolian for all you can eat teppan style, :heart:Pescaderia in Chatan Bay forTS, :heart:Jack’s Place on Kadena (prolly cause we walked home to Wash Heights) for non-local, although Tori Station did put out some good steaks.

Sorry I can’t help on best choice at Epcot. Ate there and after living in the Far East it’s just not the same. We don’t even go to the local ressie’s around here often for the same reason. Kind of like staying at the Poly when you’ve lived in Hawaii (or for us Guam) or the POR/POFQ being from LA. You tend to compare. :happy:

[QUOTE=sue299;981177]Trying to get my ADR’s ready.

Which is the good Japanese restaurant with the Hibatchi grill - under the dining plan.

Teppan Edo or Tokyo Dining[/QUOTE]

You can remember it like this: Teppan; actually Teppanyaki is the style of cooking on a flat grill. That is one of our staples every year in Epcot. The kids (& us) just love it.

I think we will enjoy this too. We have a local Japanese restaurant that does grill cooking at your table. It can be quite entertaining.