Jeed to get star|ed

OK, I can’t seem’to get started with my DL plans - I feel like a lost puppy. I have my dates and we’ll be at DLR for 3 nights so we will have 2 full days at the parks. I think we are going to stay at the Candy Cane Inn since they have a free continental breakfast and a shuttle. Since we are saving a little $ by not staying at a Disney hotel :crying:, and b/c we don’t have a lot of time there, I thought I would spring for the Fantasmic Dessert thing so we can watch Fantasmic comfortably without having to stake out a spot hours in advance.

As far as restaurants go, do I need to book ADRs like at WDW? I don’t think we’ll do any character meals and definately not Napa Rose. I’ve been trying to do my reseerch, but I really am stuck. I know that I want to go to the Carnation Cafe for a monte cristo and the Golden Horseshoe to see Billy Hill and the Hillbillies. Other than that does anyone have any recommendations?

Reservations are less of a big deal. Go ahead and make one for Cafe Orleans, not Carnation Cafe, for that Monte Cristo. <g>

I like to pick up my lunch at the Bengal BBQ and then bring it in to the Billy Hill show to eat. Yum yum yum. :slight_smile:

I haven’t done the Fantasmic Dessert, but I think it sounds wonderful. I don’t love Fantasmic, but I think it’s a zillion times better at Disneyland than at WDW… and that’s before the new dragon!

I’ve been to DisneyLand and California Adventure more than I’ve been to WDW…here are my favorites (and my kids’ favorites, too!):

CA
Pacific Wharf Cafe for lunch
Wine Country Trattoria for dinner

DL
River Belle Terrace for breakfast
Plaza Inn for lunch
Blue Bayou for dinner

Have a great time!