John Carter

We rented John Carter tonight. Not a bad movie…not the best movie. I read Princess of Mars and thought they did an ok job of translating it to the screen. It isn’t identical but the man arches are intacted.

It is slow pace movie. Lots of actions, weird names, weird animals…lot to keep track of at first. Not a lot of twist and turns (might be because I read the book but the book was pretty straight line IMO).

I actually would recommend it…there is action, intrigue, cute dogs, a love story, battle scenes, nice score.

Well now that is good to hear. I wish they had advertised this movie in a different way.

I think after you see it you will understand the marketing and adverting. Was never going to be a block buster.

It would have been an awesome miniseries where they could have expanded on the story and characters more.

Good movie…not great.

We liked the movie too. I can’t believe you can rent it so soon!

3.99 on the old Apple TV. Been out for a couple weeks.

3.99 on the old AppleTV. Been out for a couple weeks.

I got the movie as a Father’s Day present and I watched it yesterday.
I really liked it. I am not sure why it got such bad press.

We watched it tonight. Blah!

In an a day and age where you expect fantastic special effects, I demand more. You can’t just wow me with CG animation and expect me to sit spell bound. I need a quality plot and good acting.

Case in point was the Percy Jackson fiasco. That was a solid set of books that could have competed with the Harry Potter films, but they mashed it all up into a mediocre movie.

I have a feeling, I might like the John Carter books, but the film failed it holding my interest.

[QUOTE=Cavey;1115224]We watched it tonight. Blah!

In an a day and age where you expect fantastic special effects, I demand more. You can’t just wow me with CG animation and expect me to sit spell bound. I need a quality plot and good acting.

Case in point was the Percy Jackson fiasco. That was a solid set of books that could have competed with the Harry Potter films, but they mashed it all up into a mediocre movie.

I have a feeling, I might like the John Carter books, but the film failed it holding my interest.[/QUOTE]

You should have watched “the black hole” first…than you would have really appreciated the quality plot and acting.