Johnkimv's Meeting Mousebuzzer's Trip Report

Just wanted to right a little report about our trip…

November 4-7, 2009 @ Caribbean Beach Resort
Main Purpose: Food & Wine Festival

Cast:
Me (Kim31)
DH31
DD5
DS3

Wednesday November 4th…
This is a first time in a long time that we stayed at Caribbean Beach Resort. I really love it there and they have really done a great job with the pool. We had a great room in building 51 that was directly in front of the bridge to Old Port Royale. It was only a little walk and the atmosphere was delightful. The resort is huge, so you need to know where you want to be before they assign you a room. Luckily we arrived early in the morning and were able to pick our room from rooms available at that time. The resort seemed pretty empty.

We decided to head to the Polynesian to see if the Sushi bar was open for lunch and it wasn’t so we ended up at Captain Cooks(?) for a CS lunch. DH and I both ordered a flat bread pizza and I would never order it again. It was just blah. I think the salad or stir fry option would have been better. After lunch, we walked around the Poly and then decided to head back to CBR for a nap. The kids were cranky and we were tired.

After a nap, we headed to the Beach Club in hopes to get a spot at Cape May for dinner. I originally had an ADR for Kouzzina, but I haven’t heard the greatest reviews and I knew Cape May would be a safe bet, plus the crab legs are back!!

To our surprise, our family was named Family of the Day and we got to open the place!! It was really cute. They announced us and the kids got to ring bells and our waiter Oskar really treated us like royalty! We had a little table with a real tablecloth (not the usual paper) off to the side in our own little room. They gave us pins, a certificate, a card signed by characters and the kids received a glow cube and a Tinkerbell light clip.

We decided to call it a night- we are all still screwed up from this time change and the kids were not behaving!! :eek:

YAY!!! Cute! Can’t wait to see everything!

Sounds awesome!!! I love CBR!

Thursday November 5th

The plan today was to go to Magic Kingdom and spend the day with some old neighbors who have moved to the Orlando area and have a little baby (finally!!).

We were up before the sun and I feel so bad for the people in the room next to us!! They always had their privacy thing in the door and my kids were sooooo loud- we were THAT family!! So if you are out there— sorry!! :laugh:

We had breakfast at the OPR CS and it was pretty good. DH and I both had a breakfast quesadilla and the kids had the Mickey waffles.

After breakfast we hopped the bus to MK and started our day. We actually didn’t have any plans, just to enjoy the day and do whatever we wanted. Our friends took forever to get there so we just started hitting the rides. The park was pretty empty and we were able to get on 7 rides in less that an hour and a half. We got totally soaked on Splash Mountain and it was a little chilly that morning- I guess that was why there was no wait!! :laugh:It was an EMH morning and I always feel like those are the best- especially at MK.

Our friends arrived (finally!!) and we hit up Thunder Mountain and we called it a day as far as MK was concerned. They were a little freaked out having their 5 month old at the park and wanted to leave.

On the way out, as I always do, I checked to see if vlogilvie (Valerie) was working in guest relations and like always, I didn’t see her.

I walked out the side door near the restrooms and in front of the stairs where she was standing!! We met and took a picture. She was really sweet and it was great to finally put a face to a name. She is the first Mousebuzzer I have met!!

So, we took the monorail to the Contemporary and had a few drinks at The Wave. I really love their bar area. We ate there once after they just opened and it was just ok. We will stick to the bar!!

Our friends decided to head back home and we decided to head over to the Grand Floridian. I really hoped that the Gingerbread House would have been up, but it was still to early. Not a lot of Christmas decorations anywhere and I was surprised.

We had some time to kill before dinner so we decided to head to Mizner’s Lounge and have a drink. It didn’t open until 5pm. The bars at WDW open too late in my opinion. I was getting a little tired of paying $9-$10 for a glass of wine…so off to the store in the GF to bought myself a bottle of Pinot Grigio for $14.95! They even threw in a free corkscrew!! We grabbed some cups and we had a nice relaxing hour people watching.

We had an ADR at Kona, but cancelled and decided to sit at the Sushi Bar at the Poly. It was delicious, but a little pricey! We had the DDP, but was advised to pay OOP for this since one roll for $10 would be considered my entree- not a great deal.

After dinner, we headed back to CBR and hit the pool. The pool was great, but it was sooo cold when you got out!!

Only one picture today- Me and Valerie!

Ok now I picked up on the wine thing. Boss paid $ 30. a glass, you paid around $ 10.
I am not a wine drinker but what we have is pretty pricey too.
Where did you take your bottle of wine? Is it alright to just open a bottle, sit on a resort bench, people watch and drink?
What a fun thing to do.

Sounds like a great time! Can’t wait to read more!

[QUOTE=Dopey;1003477]Ok now I picked up on the wine thing. Boss paid $ 30. a glass, you paid around $ 10.
I am not a wine drinker but what we have is pretty pricey too.
Where did you take your bottle of wine? Is it alright to just open a bottle, sit on a resort bench, people watch and drink?
What a fun thing to do.[/QUOTE]

It was alright to me!! It’s not like I drank out of the bottle!! :laugh: I think it was fine, they sell it!

you are right. this is something I will keep in the back of my little mind :wink:

sigh live and learn…

or in my case live and forget. Then make the same mistake.

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;1003500]sigh live and learn…

or in my case live and forget. Then make the same mistake.[/QUOTE]

yes Boss, I feel for you. Age is not a good thing

who are you?

sounds like a fun trip so far! I wish I could eat poly sushi right now!

I LOVE the pic of your kiddos on the swing. . too cute!

Pahahaa!!:laugh:

[QUOTE=johnkimv;1003455]Thursday November 5th

The plan today was to go to Magic Kingdom and spend the day with some old neighbors who have moved to the Orlando area and have a little baby (finally!!).

We were up before the sun and I feel so bad for the people in the room next to us!! They always had their privacy thing in the door and my kids were sooooo loud- we were THAT family!! So if you are out there— sorry!! :laugh:

We had breakfast at the OPR CS and it was pretty good. DH and I both had a breakfast quesadilla and the kids had the Mickey waffles.

After breakfast we hopped the bus to MK and started our day. We actually didn’t have any plans, just to enjoy the day and do whatever we wanted. Our friends took forever to get there so we just started hitting the rides. The park was pretty empty and we were able to get on 7 rides in less that an hour and a half. We got totally soaked on Splash Mountain and it was a little chilly that morning- I guess that was why there was no wait!! :laugh:It was an EMH morning and I always feel like those are the best- especially at MK.

Our friends arrived (finally!!) and we hit up Thunder Mountain and we called it a day as far as MK was concerned. They were a little freaked out having their 5 month old at the park and wanted to leave.

On the way out, as I always do, I checked to see if vlogilvie (Valerie) was working in guest relations and like always, I didn’t see her.

I walked out the side door near the restrooms and in front of the stairs where she was standing!! We met and took a picture. She was really sweet and it was great to finally put a face to a name. She is the first Mousebuzzer I have met!!

So, we took the monorail to the Contemporary and had a few drinks at The Wave. I really love their bar area. We ate there once after they just opened and it was just ok. We will stick to the bar!!

Our friends decided to head back home and we decided to head over to the Grand Floridian. I really hoped that the Gingerbread House would have been up, but it was still to early. Not a lot of Christmas decorations anywhere and I was surprised.

We had some time to kill before dinner so we decided to head to Mizner’s Lounge and have a drink. It didn’t open until 5pm. The bars at WDW open too late in my opinion. I was getting a little tired of paying $9-$10 for a glass of wine…so off to the store in the GF to bought myself a bottle of Pinot Grigio for $14.95! They even threw in a free corkscrew!! We grabbed some cups and we had a nice relaxing hour people watching.

We had an ADR at Kona, but cancelled and decided to sit at the Sushi Bar at the Poly. It was delicious, but a little pricey! We had the DDP, but was advised to pay OOP for this since one roll for $10 would be considered my entree- not a great deal.

After dinner, we headed back to CBR and hit the pool. The pool was great, but it was sooo cold when you got out!!

Only one picture today- Me and Valerie![/QUOTE]

Hey, that’s great about the wine, I was thinking about bringing a bottle from home, but now maybe I’ll just buy a bottle there. $14.95 is extremely reasonable!!

Oh, and what a cute picture of you and Valerie!! :happy:

DW makes sure to include a bottle of wine for every 2 days we are in WDW. She learned the hard way many years ago. Makes for relaxing nights in the unit.

Yay, I am glad you got to meet Val! :heart:

I guess I should finish this thing…

Friday November 6th

My plan today was to be at Epcot all day to enjoy the Food & Wine Festivities. We got there at park opening and hit the major attractions.

We visited the Character Connection which is one of my favorites!!

I had plans to meet up with Val32 and possibly Mickeysgirlz this day. I was very excited to finally put some more faces with names!!

Just before heading to the World Showcase for some eating and drinking, I was able to meet Val and her daughter Alyssa. They were both super nice and seemed to be having a great time together. See picture below of Val and I.

We strolled the World Showcase and I think DH ate and drank everything he could. I really paced myself because we had a 4:20 ADR at Le Cellier.

My thoughts on Le Cellier prior to this trip were that it was nothing special. And, although I would now consider it good, but not one of the best, I had a DELICIOUS Prime Rib. It really melted in my mouth and I would order it again in a heartbeat. I had the cheese soup first and I could just eat that all day with some pretzel bread and be happy. Dessert was the chocolate mousse and it was good, but I had very little room for the few bites I had. Dh also had the prime rib.

After dinner, we called it a day. We were too stuffed and tired to continue!

Here are our pictures from the Character Connection…