Johnny Depp's Mad Hatter coming to DHS

From what I have heard the Depp version of the Mad Hatter could be coming to DHS soon while the animated version will continue to appear at his other regular locations(EPCOT, 1900 Park Fare, etc.).

Call me old fashioned, but much as I liked Johnny Depp’s version, my favourite is the original version. But I am sure the young kids will love this new one too.

But what if it was Johnny himself? Don’t answer, I don’t think WDW security could keep all of the women away and what a thread that would be,“Women knock kids out of the way, How rude!” :laugh:

:heart: sorry every reply I think of somehow needs censoring… swoon, ah Johnny Depp:heart:, the thought:laugh:

I’m with you.

Ohhh if only it was the REAL Mr.Depp :smiley:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Oh, goodness!

They aren’t pairing him with the old Alice, though, right? He’ll just be by himself?

I have a funny story to tell. When they just started the Pirates tutorial, dh didn’t know it existed, so while I was over in frontier land and dh was missing again (worse than a kid), he comes around the corner and yells out to me from a far, “Hey Beth, Johnny Depp is over by Pirates playing Jack Sparrow.” Well, I knew it was the tutorial, but about a half dozen women turned and ran like the dickens towards Pirates!

I’m a huge Tim Burton AND Johnny Depp fan… but I am not a fan of that idea at all! I didn’t like his adaption of the whimsical Alice and Wonderland classic. I feel like he didn’t make it that special sort of combination between whimsy, macob and wonderment that he usually uses. I had much higher expectations. All the characters were off.

Not to get off topic… haha. But I don’t like this idea! Call me a Disney-purist if you must on this one! :laugh:

[QUOTE=StaceyDarling!;1037333]I’m a huge Tim Burton AND Johnny Depp fan… but I am not a fan of that idea at all! I didn’t like his adaption of the whimsical Alice and Wonderland classic. I feel like he didn’t make it that special sort of combination between whimsy, macob and wonderment that he usually uses. I had much higher expectations. All the characters were off.

Not to get off topic… haha. But I don’t like this idea! Call me a Disney-purist if you must on this one! :laugh:[/QUOTE]

Thats just what I feel too- Disney Purist…much nicer than my old fashioned!:laugh::heart:

We are in the same boat Dixie, it’s okay! :happy: Haha, hey! If it’s isn’t broken, why fix it right! :] While, the movie may be fun for some, I don’t think they should influence it into the parks. It’s just not special enough I don’t think. But thats just my opinion! :laugh:

I’m an Alice enthusiast right down to Carroll’s original, lol. As for Burton’s Alice…I liked the movie visually as I thought it was very pretty but the story for me was only subpar and I’m a fan of Burton’s work.

I love classical Disney Alice and I would be perfectly fine with just having the “old” Hatter around. In fact, I think they need to let Alice and the Hatter be out more…not bring in another Hatter. I know some people would love to see him but I’m with the purists on this one. As Stacey said, if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it! :laugh:

[QUOTE=CuriousAlice;1037359]I’m an Alice enthusiast right down to Carroll’s original, lol. As for Burton’s Alice…I liked the movie visually as I thought it was very pretty but the story for me was only subpar and I’m a fan of Burton’s work.

I love classical Disney Alice and I would be perfectly fine with just having the “old” Hatter around. In fact, I think they need to let Alice and the Hatter be out more…not bring in another Hatter. I know some people would love to see him but I’m with the purists on this one. As Stacey said, if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it! :laugh:[/QUOTE]

You said it! haha. They definitely should use Burton’s adaption as a chance to revive their original Alice and give her some more spotlight! Like that tea party in England we discussed!!