Jonas Brothers 3D!

In theaters this Friday!!! I’m so excited. :wub: :wub: :wub: I need to buy tickets, though… I hope they aren’t sold out!

Anyone else planning to attend the event?

I’m sure we’ll be going . . . do you think they will sell out? That’s what they said about Hannah Montana in 3D and I bought the ticket so in advance and the place was empty! :confused:

Yep, we’ll be there. DD and I will be going to whatever the first showing for the day is. There will not be any crowds in the a.m. so we should have no problem getting tickets.

I can’t wait.

They are stopping by some of the screenings.
Jonas Brothers Make Surprise Announcement!

I’m not sure about selling out… we were out of town when Hannah Montana came to theaters, so I’m not sure about our crowds. I know HSM3 was pretty packed at our theater, though (we have two theaters in Anderson, and people come from [even] smaller, surrounding cities). Not sure it was a sell-out… we got there about half an hour before the show, though. Though, HSM3 wasn’t a limited-time release.

Fandango is not letting me purchase tickets… apparently our theaters haven’t set their showtimes, yet (though they’ve been advertising presales). I guess we’ll have to buy from the theater.

I’m not attending… :mellow:

And neither should you. :angry:

You should be out looking for a Porsche. :cool:

Remember? :laugh:

JoBros Friday… Porsche shopping Saturday. :happy: It’s the end of the month - I’m bound to get a good deal! :laugh:

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! About hundred times… seriously. hahaha.

Kevin Jonas<3

Bought our tickets today! They were twice as much as the regular ticket prices, but they came with plastic 3-D glasses (in the Ray Ban style that the JoBros are notorious for… coincidence?) - so much better than the red and blue ones. I’m assuming this is going to be dual projector like in the theme parks? That is so awesome! I cannot wait!!!

:blow: Not a chance. :laugh: Enjoy.

The plastic 3-D glasses are what they have been using for the last few years. We first got them a few years back with Nightmare Before Christmas 3-D. I was going to go with my cousin but we will wait till it’s on Starz in Oct. Have fun!

Oh, I was wondering. We happened to be at WDW when the Hannah Montana concert came out in 3D and didn’t get to attend. The last 3D movie I’ve seen at a theater was Sharkboy and Lava Girl! :laugh:

So are 3D films typically more expensive, or is the extra cost due to the “limited time” event?

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;938996]
So are 3D films typically more expensive, or is the extra cost due to the “limited time” event?[/QUOTE]

I don’t remember it being more with Nightmare. When we saw My … Valentine it was only $2 more. How much is the JB 3-D by you?

I just checked my theater’s site they are having a midnight showing tonight.

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;938996]Oh, I was wondering. We happened to be at WDW when the Hannah Montana concert came out in 3D and didn’t get to attend. The last 3D movie I’ve seen at a theater was Sharkboy and Lava Girl! :laugh:

So are 3D films typically more expensive, or is the extra cost due to the “limited time” event?[/QUOTE]

They are typically more expensive. Usually from about $2 more and upwards from there. Our tickets at a 2:00 p.m. matine are going to be $7.50, the regular matine is $5.50.

As 2nd star said, the black plastic glasses have been around for a while now. I believe we first got them when we saw Meet the Robinson’s in 3-D.

[QUOTE=2nd Star;939025]I don’t remember it being more with Nightmare. When we saw My … Valentine it was only $2 more. How much is the JB 3-D by you?

I just checked my theater’s site they are having a midnight showing tonight.[/QUOTE]

$15. Evening tickets are usually $7.50, but $6 for me because I’m a student, and occasionally $5 because they think I’m a child. :laugh:

Rumor is they will be at local theater here tomorrow night.

[QUOTE=timkelmom;939049]
As 2nd star said, the black plastic glasses have been around for a while now. I believe we first got them when we saw Meet the Robinson’s in 3-D.[/QUOTE]

Well, in Podunk, SC, the 3D glasses are very new! :laugh:

We saw the movie today at 12:30 p.m. and LOVED IT!! DD and I were the only ones in the theater so we were acting silly.

The glasses for this movie were different than any of the other and they must be returned after. The kid at the theater told me that they cost $40 per pair and if they are short more than 2 on their shift they could be fired.

I’m taking DD back in the a.m.for a special event they are having. I didn’t know about it or i would have waited until tomorrow to see the movie.

The theater is having a contest where the kids dress up like rock stars and and they will be giving prizes before the first viewing of the day.

I hope anyone who goes this weekend has a great time!

That would be so cool! My DD couldn’t talk about anything else. She kept saying how cool it would be if they showed up in our theater. I’m curious how rumors are going around when it is supposed to be totally random.

Although, I guess that someone at the theater must know and people talk.

Just got back and LOVED IT!!! The 3D technology was amazing! THE JONAS BROTHERS WERE AMAZING!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

It was so cute. My sister says she is now “completely in love with Nick Jonas.” I never knew Nick Jonas could tumble! He did a round-off back hand spring!!!

My sister’s only complaint was that they didn’t have any real behind-the-scenes footage. It was all staged. My best bet is that they’ll include this in the DVD. (Rachel says she’s going to be first in line to buy! :laugh:)

We got to keep our 3D glasses. We got them packaged when we bought our tickets in advance. The announcement to return the glasses did pop up at the beginning of the film (Rachel said, "pfff… I paid $15 for those glasses, they’re mine!), but there were no collection bins outside of the theater, so we just kept them. If they needed their glasses, they should’ve worked harder at keeping them (obviously they didn’t care at all…). I figured that the return glasses announcement was for larger theaters or the IMAX theaters that reuse 3D glasses, anyway.