July 4th Fireworks

We just found out yesterday that the special July 4th fireworks are at Hollywood Studios not MK! What would be the best spot to view fireworks at HS?

What? Where did you learn that? :confused:

I was there this weekend, and I was told that the 4th fireworks were starting on the 3rd at MK? I don’t think they do fireworks at HS anymore, 'cept at Fantasmic?

Here is what allears.net is saying: http://allears.net/tp/fojuly.htm

NEW! Special Fourth of July fireworks begin July 3 at Magic Kingdom: Magic Kingdom will kick off the Fourth of July celebration the night before with Disney's Celebrate America! - A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky at 9 p.m.

"Disney's Celebrate America! - A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky" will dazzle Magic Kingdom guests at 9 p.m. on the Fourth of July 2009. That same park will feature a performance of the SpectroMagic nighttime parade at 10:30 p.m. Park hours are 9 a.m.-11 p.m. on July 3-4.

In the meantime, Disney's Hollywood Studios guests will be treated to a 9 p.m. performance of Fantasmic! Park hours on July 4 are 9 a.m.-10 p.m.

At Epcot, a holiday-inspired IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth bursts above World Showcase Lagoon at 10 p.m. Park hours on July 4 are 9 a.m.-10 p.m.

Disney's Animal Kingdom – No fireworks here (we wouldn't want to disturb the animals' rest). Guests can enjoy all the regular attractions and shows on July 4 from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.

I got my info from the dining reservation cast member when I wanted to book the Fireworks Desert so that I did not have to stand in the same type of humongus crowd that was there last year. Then I verified it on the Disney park calendars. I’ve cut and pasted the calendar below. Can anyone please settle this conflict of information?

Magic Kingdom Friday, July 3 9:00 AM Park Opens 9:35 AM 1. Dream-Along With Mickey (Entertainment)
2. 10:00 AM Ariel’s Grotto (Entertainment)
3. 10:00 AM Judge’s Tent (Entertainment)
4. 10:35 AM Dream-Along With Mickey (Entertainment)
5. 10:50 AM Storytime with Belle (Entertainment)
6. 11:40 AM Dream-Along With Mickey (Entertainment)
7. 12:00 PM Storytime with Belle (Entertainment)
8. 1:15 PM Dream-Along With Mickey (Entertainment)
9. 2:15 PM Dream-Along With Mickey (Entertainment)
10. 2:35 PM Storytime with Belle (Entertainment)
11. 3:00 PM Celebrate A Dream Come True Parade (Entertainment)
12. 3:45 PM Storytime with Belle (Entertainment)
13. 4:00 PM Dream-Along With Mickey (Entertainment)
14. 5:00 PM Storytime with Belle (Entertainment)
15. 10:30 PM “SpectroMagic” Parade (Entertainment)
16. 11:00 PM Park Closes 11:00 PM Extra Magic Hours (11:00 PM-2:00 AM)

Magic Kingdom Saturday, July 4 8:00 AM Park Opens 9:35 AM 1. Dream-Along With Mickey (Entertainment)
2. 10:00 AM Ariel’s Grotto (Entertainment)
3. 10:00 AM Judge’s Tent (Entertainment)
4. 10:35 AM Dream-Along With Mickey (Entertainment)
5. 11:00 AM Storytime with Belle (Entertainment)
6. 11:40 AM Dream-Along With Mickey (Entertainment)
7. 12:00 PM Celebrate A Dream Come True Parade (Entertainment)
8. 12:45 PM Storytime with Belle (Entertainment)
9. 1:15 PM Dream-Along With Mickey (Entertainment)
10. 1:45 PM Storytime with Belle (Entertainment)
11. 2:15 PM Dream-Along With Mickey (Entertainment)
12. 2:45 PM Storytime with Belle (Entertainment)
13. 3:00 PM Celebrate A Dream Come True Parade (Entertainment)
14. 4:00 PM Dream-Along With Mickey (Entertainment)
15. 4:30 PM Storytime with Belle (Entertainment)
16. 5:45 PM Storytime with Belle (Entertainment)
17. 10:30 PM “SpectroMagic” Parade (Entertainment)
18. 12:30 AM “SpectroMagic” Parade (Entertainment)
19. 1:00 AM Park Closes

Hollywood Studios Saturday, July 4

9:00 AM Park Opens
3:00 PM Block Party Bash (Entertainment)
9:00 PM Fantasmic! (Entertainment)
10:00 PM Disney’s Hollywood Studios Special July 4th Fireworks Presentation (Entertainment)
10:45 PM Fantasmic! (Entertainment)
10:00 PM Park Closes
10:00 PM Extra Magic Hours (10:00 PM-1:00 AM)

WOW!! Interesting . . . hmmm maybe you can email allears.net.

BUT, if a CM told you this is what it happening then I’d go with that.

PS. If that info is from the WDW site, then I’d believe that before anything else. If you got the dessert party tickets, here’s a tip (I did it on Sunday) make sure you are on the far left side of the railing . . . we were not, so the fireworks looks like they were far away from the castle rather then behind them.

I can’t say for this year, but since 2006, they had done 4th of July fireworks at MK (mirrored imaged (duplicated) on Seven Seas Lagoon), Epcot (Illuminations with a holiday tag), DHS/MGM, and DTD/Pleasure Island.
I’d call DHS guest services directly, or hope that one of us is in WDW this week and is able to post the official schedule of events for July 3 and 4.

In the Walt Disney World News at WDW News Today there is this report:

'Celebrate America at the Walt Disney World Resort
June 29, 2009 at 3:00 PM EST

Tom Corless has checked in with us while waiting for his tour of Bay Lake Tower, with a few interesting tidbits of information. Firstly, the July 4th holiday schedule had some interesting additions to the Magic Kingdom entertainment lineup:

SpectroMagic will perform twice on July 4th at 10:30pm and 12:30am.
Celebrate a Dream Come True will also perform twice on July 4th at 12:00pm and its normal 3:00pm run (this is the first time anyone can ever remember the 3:00pm parade being performed twice so perhaps attendance is back to normal at least for this week).
UPDATE: The Magic Kingdom will now be open until 1:00am on July 4th.
As previously reported:

Guests celebrating the Fourth of July at Walt Disney World Resort will have a choice of fireworks shows as Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Hollywood Studios present special pyrotechnics and Epcot adds a patriotic “tag” to its famous “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” spectacular. Here’s what’s in store:

Magic Kingdom – “Celebrate America Fireworks” will fill the sky at 9 pm. July 4 (guests who’d like to begin the celebratory weekend a day early can enjoy the special fireworks on July 3 at 9 p.m.).
Disney’s Hollywood Studios – Special fireworks will be presented at 10 p.m. on July 4, providing guests with a bonus nighttime entertainment extravaganza to complement “Fantasmic!” (which will be at 9 p.m. and 10:45 p.m.). Park hours on July 4 are 9 a.m.-10 p.m.
Epcot – “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth,” which features dazzling special effects, colorful lasers, brilliant fireworks and fiery torches all choreographed to a musical score, becomes even more dynamic on July 4 as the normal show is supplemented with a patriotic finale. The performance begins at 10 p.m. Park hours on July 4 are 9 a.m.-10 p.m.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom – No fireworks here (we wouldn’t want to disturb the animals’ rest). Guests can enjoy all the regular attractions and shows on July 4 from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. ’

That’s the thing I hate about watching Wishes from the observation deck outside of California Grill. You can see how far away they actually are, and it just messes up the magic for me.

[QUOTE=khuntswaika;972822]In the Walt Disney World News at WDW News Today there is this report:

'Celebrate America at the Walt Disney World Resort
June 29, 2009 at 3:00 PM EST

Tom Corless has checked in with us while waiting for his tour of Bay Lake Tower, with a few interesting tidbits of information. Firstly, the July 4th holiday schedule had some interesting additions to the Magic Kingdom entertainment lineup:

SpectroMagic will perform twice on July 4th at 10:30pm and 12:30am.
Celebrate a Dream Come True will also perform twice on July 4th at 12:00pm and its normal 3:00pm run (this is the first time anyone can ever remember the 3:00pm parade being performed twice so perhaps attendance is back to normal at least for this week).
UPDATE: The Magic Kingdom will now be open until 1:00am on July 4th.
As previously reported:

Guests celebrating the Fourth of July at Walt Disney World Resort will have a choice of fireworks shows as Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Hollywood Studios present special pyrotechnics and Epcot adds a patriotic “tag” to its famous “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” spectacular. Here’s what’s in store:

Magic Kingdom – “Celebrate America Fireworks” will fill the sky at 9 pm. July 4 (guests who’d like to begin the celebratory weekend a day early can enjoy the special fireworks on July 3 at 9 p.m.).
Disney’s Hollywood Studios – Special fireworks will be presented at 10 p.m. on July 4, providing guests with a bonus nighttime entertainment extravaganza to complement “Fantasmic!” (which will be at 9 p.m. and 10:45 p.m.). Park hours on July 4 are 9 a.m.-10 p.m.
Epcot – “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth,” which features dazzling special effects, colorful lasers, brilliant fireworks and fiery torches all choreographed to a musical score, becomes even more dynamic on July 4 as the normal show is supplemented with a patriotic finale. The performance begins at 10 p.m. Park hours on July 4 are 9 a.m.-10 p.m.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom – No fireworks here (we wouldn’t want to disturb the animals’ rest). Guests can enjoy all the regular attractions and shows on July 4 from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. '[/QUOTE]

Not sure I would trust any source outside of OFFICIAL WDW!

When I booked the Dessert Party, I checked another site for parade times and firework times . . . they listed NO SPECTRO (and there was) and they listed Wishes at 9pm and it was at 10pm.

I think WDW is mixing it up a bit depending on crowd levels. Wishy told me that there were even TWO Spectros on some of the nights she was at MK. :confused:

Hopefully a CM will come along and confirm the info for you.

How many times have I posted the same thought?!
It’s actually a little better from the south deck (the deck on the same side as the sushi bar and kitchen) than the north deck (the one everyone goes out to).
Also, if you’re able to watch from a room on the 6th through 12th floors, you’re closer to the ground than the 15th floor roof, so the impression that the fireworks bursts aren’t even getting as high as you isn’t as bad.

Now, if you think it’s bad from the Contemporary’s roof, imagine how bad it’s going to be from Bay Lake Tower:glare:. Bad in that, the designed perspective is Main Street in front of the castle, and not off to the sides.

I’ve gone to fireworks at HS twice (both times on New Years Eve) – we stood right in the main entry way, probably about half way between the gate and the hat. They did a pretty good job of getting them high up, so the buildings did not get in the way, but it was not perfect. It gets so packed though, you cant move!

Last July 4th I watched the fireworks at DTD and they were great!