June @ WDW

Ive never been to Florida at this time of year. What crowd levels and weather should I expect?

Go in the early part of the month, after Memorial Day and before schools let out nationwide. By the end of the month, approaching July 4th, crowds really build.
Weather? Not as hot and rainy as July, but very close. Actually, depending, the rains aren’t too bad.

We usually go the 2nd week of June, which is usually during Star Wars Weekends, and it is very crowded and HOT! There is just no other way to say it. We usually experience rain each day, but it is usually a passing thunderstorm, not an all day rain out.

My advice is take advantage of extra magic hours & Fast Passes… both are a lifesaver with those crowds.

I agree that you should go at the beginning of June. The crowds will build as the month goes on. The weather is hot and HUMID. Just be sure to drink a lot of water and take breaks and you should be fine. Crowds or no crowds…you’re in WDW!!!:laugh:

We would be there probably the last week of June because the week before we are staying on iDrive

We usually go in mid-July and it is HOT but that is what I like. The crowds are not bad in morning but at lunch you wait in line like 45 mins for RnR. and ToT.

Ditto this. We have been twice around the 24th and stayed for 2 weeks. Ok at start of our break but close to the 4th July…nightmare! Weather good. Occasional storms and rain but it passes really quickly.

Honestly, even though we have been there on some really insanely hot days, it was great to hop on a water ride, or send the kids into the squirting fountain… or stand in the misters. Plenty of shade and we used sunblock and REALLY enjoyed the warmth!!!

It’s hot and busy…BUT…it allows you to become the master of the fast pass…

Honestly, be sure to FP your must do’s. We’ve been twice in June, this last June being the most recent. We got up bright and early, and made it to the parks within 1/2 hour of opening time. We’d FP the rides we wanted to do later (pay close attention to the next availabe time window on your FP) and ride as much as possible in the morning. Then, our afternoons were spent leisurely by the pool. It was wonderful!

We have been in early June, mid June and late August, and I would pick any time in June over August! :slight_smile:

I think as long as you make it to the parks early you will be fine. Its going to be hot, but, you will manage it.

:eek: Don’t say that LMS! I am going August 21st! :laugh:

We have been there in June '04 and it was stinky muggy and crowded. IN June 06 it was less muggy, but that was because a tropical storm hit the day we flew in. So the crowds were low and the temp better.

So sorry sweety!! But it really was awful while we there this past August. I was expecting the humidity, but I think the crowds made it worse.(the 21st is my birthday!!:happy: )

LOL!! We think just the opposite!! We’d rather go in August, than June. Sometimes in June up here we have yet to have a real spring, let alone any hot days. By August though, it’s been hot and it seems as if our bodies are better acclimate. I think you’ll be fine, Ariel…:laugh:

Weather is extremely hot, hot, hot. Very Humid. It is manageable though. Just take your time through the park.

Also, one other thing…June is the beginning of our Hurricane Season…so you would be less likely to have a Hurricane in June than in Aug, September is Peak Hurricane Season down here. Once the waters in the Gulf start heating up…you never know what can happen.

Hmmmmm, I guess I lived here long enough now I’m used to it? We always go the last weekend in May to June! We seem to have perfect crowd levels and the weather is hot, but not too humid sticky . . . JULY ugh, will NEVER go again . . . too HOT and CROWDED!

But, like everyone says, take advantage of early/late magic hours, do the parks in short bursts, taking advantage of all the water rides!! :wub:

We Have Gone In July It Was **** We Went In August More ****.

WE WENT ONE YEAR IN JULY FOR THE 4TH IT WAS HELLLL , WE WENT IN AUGUST IT WAS ****. LAST YEAR dh AND I WENT SEPTEMBER 13 FOR OUR ANNIVERSAY IT WASNT TOO BAD … WE ONLY HAD ONE DAY OF RAIN… AND THAT WAS THE NIGHT OF THE NOT SO SCAREY HALLOWEEN PARTY IT RAINED SO HARD FOR MOST OF THE NIGHT . IT WAS HOT BUT THE ONLY PARK WE HAD THAT WAS UNBEARABLE. WAS ANIMAL KINGDOM. WHY IS THAT PARK SO MUCH HOTTER THEN THE OTHER TWO?, WE ARE GOING THIS YEAR IN END OF MAY FIRST WEEK OF JUNE SO WE WILL SEE. .