Jungle Cruise Referb?

Just heard a rumor that Jungle Cruise could be closed for almost all of 2010 getting a new script and some new scenes. I’ll cry if they start it in January.

Where did you hear this rumor?

A source :ph34r:. Why is a referb a bad thing?

I don’t really know if its a good or bad thing, just wanted to know if your source was credible or not.

I believe him, he’s in contact with Disney almost all the time. His post said:

Just getting some details in about a Jungle Cruise refurb. This has been a planned project for the past three years but has recently finally been approved. Disney is slowly reworking their originals: Haunted Mansion, Hall of Presidents, and currently Space Mountain.

Imagineers are currently working on the audio animatronics for the Jungle Cruise. Also there may be a new script coming within the next month. Rumors of the piranha scene from DL coming as well as other new scenes.

No dates have been announced.

I’ll update everyone as I see more info.

As long as a refurb DOESN’T mean a new automated script I’m ok with it. If they ever took away the Jungle Skippers I’d boycott. :laugh: I get nervous 'cause they replaced the ‘Living With the Land’ human script with automated, and rumor was that bus driver’s announcements were going to go automated too, etc.

I’d be surprised if they did this. I think right now all of the financial budgets for refurbs will be focused on the Fantasyland Expansion along with Star Tours 2.0

If they do automated I will cry, i’m not joking. They can’t ruin Jungle Cruise to. :laugh:

big refurb…a new hippo…just kidding …I heard something when I was there but nothing concrete

maybe some new special effects

I’ve heard about this too. I wouldn’t doubt it.

So far the following classics have been going down one by one to be “improved”:

1. Small World
  2. Haunted Mansion
  3. Pirates of the Caribbean
  4. Space Mountain
  5. Hall of Presidents

It is very understandable and likely that Jungle Cruise would be next. I’ve even heard that the Tiki Room is in the works too. I certainly think the Jungle Cruise could use some new elements and jokes.

Besides, what harm is there in posting a rumor? Disney even had posters up at MGM Studios once for a David Copperfield restaurant that never came to be. Rumors are just that, nothing more.

[QUOTE=wdwspider;999901]I’ve heard about this too. I wouldn’t doubt it.

1. Small World
  2. Haunted Mansion
  4. Space Mountain
  5. Hall of Presidents

It is very understandable and likely that Jungle Cruise would be next. I’ve even heard that the Tiki Room is in the works too. I certainly think the Jungle Cruise could use some new elements and jokes.

Besides, what harm is there in posting a rumor? Disney even had posters up at MGM Studios once for a David Copperfield restaurant that never came to be. Rumors are just that, nothing more.[/QUOTE]

ahh… if it doesn’t happy in January i’ll be fine, I do think Jungle Cruise could use a minor referb… just not during January :happy:

lets not forget about the rumor for “the song of the south”…zipa dee doo dah

[QUOTE=wdwspider;999901]I’ve heard about this too. I wouldn’t doubt it.

1. Small World
  2. Haunted Mansion
  4. Space Mountain
  5. Hall of Presidents

Besides, what harm is there in posting a rumor? Disney even had posters up at MGM Studios once for a David Copperfield restaurant that never came to be. Rumors are just that, nothing more.[/QUOTE]

Oh no harm at all, except we do have a forum for rumors, right? :wink:

This thread does belong in the rumors forum. I am not the moderator for this section or I would move it, I’ll find someone who can. :happy:

I sure hope they ad a Stitch theme to the jungle cruise!! That would be super cool!!!

Thanks Wish!

Is there a list somewhere that tells us who moderates what? I can’t remember.:huh:

Tigger…:nonono2:

[QUOTE=lovemysons;1000118]Thanks Wish!

Is there a list somewhere that tells us who moderates what? I can’t remember.:huh:[/QUOTE]

I don’t think there is but that would be good information for everyone to have. I know a couple mods include it in their signatures & I think our usernames appear in bold type but if you had a specific request or question for someone in a specific area then a list would come in handy. I’ll see where we can put that & maybe sticky it.

Ah… I totally forgot about the rumor forum… whoops sorry guys. Anyway a moderator’s list is listed here.

No problem. :smile: Oh wow, look at that! I wouldn’t have even known where to find that list!