Just 5 more days till airfare!

OK just 5 more days and Southwest opens its summer flights WWOOOHHOOO!
That’s when it’s going to really going feel real!
I hope the prices are good in June. We’ve never gone that time of the year before, and my sister in-law has 9 tickets to buy:blink:!
I just bought all the kids in the family Disney stocking stuffers…hand sanitizer, toothpaste, chapstick,word searches,all kinds of goodies!!!
This is our first trip with all the kids in our family, I cna’t hardly wait!
My nephew and I text eachother the count down days weekly.
I can’t wait to see all the kids playing together,and having fun at
The Happiest Place on Earth :wub:!

Sounds like a lot of fun! Good luck with the airfare. We are waiting, as well, to find tickets to Disneyland in June.

just remember,that sometimes the prices SWA releases are not the lowest you can get…BUT,SWA lets you rebook and lets you put the difference in ticketless travel funds for future use …NO PENALTY…so book and monitor you will probably get the tickets later during some promo

Oh my gosh. Air fare opens today! You would think it was Christmas morning for me!!!

What are the prices looking like. Im thinking if i should drive or fly.

For the week of June 19th they started at $127, and they just went up an up!

Oh wow. Ive never had to pay over $69 pp one way and im not going to start now. :laugh:

I was really disappointed, I had fingers crossed for $99.00. My sister in-law is flying with 7 people, not a very good price for her:angry:.

Have you considered other airlines or are you relying on Southwest for a particular reason? I’ve gotten some great deals on Airtran and Jetblue.

I went on Jetblue.com and they didn’t have anything for the dates we are looking for. I did look at other airlines and the were all $200.00 and over :blink:. I do only fly Southwest because they are the only direct airline from Providence RI to Florida.
Will the price go down as time get closer (June) or will they go up? I’ve never waited to book before.

once again …airfares coming out of the shute are not always the best …but SWA runs a lot of special fares ,in some cases I haveadjusted what i originally paid as much as 3 times …if you paid 149 for one way and 149 on the return leg if the fares go lower you check to see if your particular leg has gone down and adjust it ,they then put the difference in a ticketless travel fund for future use…good penalty free for a year and don’t forget to factor in the luggage costs…recently i booked a trip to vegas for 49 each way the fares for 3 day period were lowered to 25…iknow have $48 in the fund for future use …no penalties …nothing

also …it doesn’t have to be the same day or anything change it to anything ,any destination,any day…good luck

227rt on air trann but it is from boston…AAA was running a promo for 15% off swa fares …if you are a member of AAA but ibelieve it was online

[QUOTE=tinker2222;1008783]I went on Jetblue.com and they didn’t have anything for the dates we are looking for. I did look at other airlines and the were all $200.00 and over :blink:. I do only fly Southwest because they are the only direct airline from Providence RI to Florida.
Will the price go down as time get closer (June) or will they go up? I’ve never waited to book before.[/QUOTE]

I think they will definitely go down at some point. I get Airtran and Jetblue emails all the time that advertise their specials; I can forward them to you if you like. Another thing you might want to consider doing that has saved me money in the past is to fly on one airline down and another on the way back. On our last trip is was more expensive to fly roundtrip on one airline than it was to take two separate airlines.

Here’s my problem! I have to make Res. for 10 people so I’m afraid if I wait too long I won’t get a enough seats on an airline.
I am set on SW they are the only airline w/ a direct route. I don’t fly very well. Very seldome do we get any deals out of Providence RI, I think it’s beacause it’s such a small airport :glare:
I think I may just have to suck it up this time. Plus now I read, there may be do more deals threw WDW in late 2010. This is going to be an expensive trip:pinch:

sign up for SWA emails also make it a routine to check swa …regularly for any fare changes …good luck …also are you dvc or pass holders if not check swa vacations for package deals…etc

group number 1800-433-5368 10 or more …group travel rates for flights and rooms etc…give them a try and see what they have to offer… this is for SWA …good luck

Thanks didn’t even think of group rates!

your welcome…when you said 10 …it made me think…well something my wife says i rarely do…just kidding …once again good luck and keep us posted

So I called SWA lastnight to see about the group rates and the wait time was 52 minutes,to talk to someone :eek:
I think I’ll try again this morning, hope its not too long of a wait!:blink: