Just a few comments

I forgot with the kindle I got for mothers day, I’m not cut off from mousebuzz. So just a few comment s here and there, and no pictures, that will have to wait till I get home.

The line for ME was busier than we’ve seen, not mobbed, just lots of people. We had a bus just AKL and Kidani (the kindle corrected that to be ALL and kissing,just a slight difference:glare::blush:), no other resorts. Our room is a value studio. We got a pool view. Rather noisy I think. I didn’t think it would be so noisy on the fifth floor. Had dinner at bona, since it is mothers day, I got a carnation.

Tomorrow we are headed to AK.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1133596]I forgot with the kindle I got for mothers day, I’m not cut off from mousebuzz. So just a few comment s here and there, and no pictures, that will have to wait till I get home.

The line for ME was busier than we’ve seen, not mobbed, just lots of people. We had a bus just AKL and Kidani (the kindle corrected that to be ALL and kissing,just a slight difference:glare::blush:), no other resorts. Our room is a value studio. We got a pool view. Rather noisy I think. I didn’t think it would be so noisy on the fifth floor. Had dinner at bona, since it is mothers day, I got a carnation.

Tomorrow we are headed to AK.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you are off to a great start…enjoy!..

At bona, we had a very nice server. After she brought back the bill for us to sign, our server thanked us for our generosity. We had tipped 20%, nothing out of the ordinary, but we thought it was nice of her to say.

Yeah, a live report!! Have a fabulous time!

Have fun! Tell Mickey we are packing!

Its sad when 20% gets servers excited…always makes me wonder what other people tip. My moms a hairdresser and relies on tips…so I GRE up tipping well. I don’t get cheap tippers. Have fun on the trip!

My DH said never a pool view again. He wanted a room right away, now he is sorry he didn’t ask for something else.

Last night at bona I had some really great soup. One was a corn chowder with bacon in it. It had just a bit of a bite. The other was butternut squash soup. The butternut reminded me of warm pumpkin pie filling. Yummy. DH has a seafood soup that I thought was yucky, but he had three bowls so I guess he liked it.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1133613]My DH said never a pool view again. He wanted a room right away, now he is sorry he didn’t ask for something else.

Last night at bona I had some really great soup. One was a corn shower with bacon in it. It had just a bit of a bite. The other was butternut squash soup. The butternut reminded me of warm pumpkin pie filling. Yummy. DH has a seafood soup that I thought was yucky, but he had three bowls so I guess he liked it.[/QUOTE]

I have found the pool rooms to be noisy at the resorts…and I was surprised how late that the whooping and hollering was allowed…the one time we stayed at Pop…people had their kids in the pool well after midnight shrieking and having fun, but it kept us awake…this is why I was surprised that the rooms with a pool view at FQ were more expensive!

If we were swimming, this room would be great. An elevator is steps away, go down and the pool is RIGHT there. The PA for the pool games is so loud.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1133613]My DH said never a pool view again. He wanted a room right away, now he is sorry he didn’t ask for something else.

Last night at bona I had some really great soup. One was a corn chowder with bacon in it. It had just a bit of a bite. The other was butternut squash soup. The butternut reminded me of warm pumpkin pie filling. Yummy. DH has a seafood soup that I thought was yucky, but he had three bowls so I guess he liked it.[/QUOTE]

The soups at Boma are so good. Was it the chicken-corn chowder with curry? I could make a meal out of it! So delicious.

Sorry about the room - I know what you mean. When our kids were little they always wanted to be right by the pool and it drove me nuts. So noisy! Now I want the room furthest from the pool!

Love live updates! Have a magical time, jo!

i third the Boma soups! the carrot and ginger soup is to DIE for!!! i don
t have Boma booked this trip but if the funds are there, i may sneak it in lol! i LOVE Boma!

[QUOTE=llama;1133636]The soups at Boma are so good. Was it the chicken-corn chowder with curry? I could make a meal out of it! So delicious.

Sorry about the room - I know what you mean. When our kids were little they always wanted to be right by the pool and it drove me nuts. So noisy! Now I want the room furthest from the pool![/QUOTE]

I have no idea about the curry. We are having dinner there again tonight. If they have the soup, I’ll ask. I did get the recipe for the butternut squash soup.

This morning we headed to HS. Got there about 8:15 and they opened the gates at 8:30. We went to toy story, got a fast pass and when on twice by 9:15. We went on great movie ride, got a carrot cake cookie, used our fast pass and left HS by 10:30. By 11:30, we were watching lion king show at AK.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1133707]I have no idea about the curry. We are having dinner there again tonight. If they have the soup, I’ll ask. I did get the recipe for the butternut squash soup.

This morning we headed to HS. Got there about 8:15 and they opened the gates at 8:30. We went to toy story, got a fast pass and when on twice by 9:15. We went on great movie ride, got a carrot cake cookie, used our fast pass and left HS by 10:30. By 11:30, we were watching lion king show at AK.[/QUOTE]

Wow! You were movin’:laugh:

We had perfect timing from bus to ride to show.

Quick note on boma dinner…chicken corn soup, yes had curry. Couldn’t get recipe.

We are moving to BVC this morning. Breakfast at captains grill at 10…more thoughts later.

Here it is!

Chicken Corn Chowder
Boma
Animal Kingdom Lodge

Yield: 8 servings

Preparation Time: 2 hours

Ingredients:

2 Chicken Breasts, cooked and diced
1 pound Russet Potatoes, cooked and diced
2 cups Corn Kernels (frozen)
1/8 cup Onion, diced
1/8 cup Red Bell Peppers, diced
1 cup Chicken Stock
1 cup Heavy Cream
1 cup Milk
2 t. Sugar
2 t. Hot Sauce
1/8 cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
1 Chicken Bouillon Cube

Method:

1. Bring chicken stock to a boil.

2. Add milk, heavy cream, chicken, potatoes, red peppers, onions, corn, and sugar, simmer for 40 minutes.

3. Add parsley and hot sauce, simmer for five minutes.

4. Serve hot.

Hmm - apparently it doesn’t have curry - which is odd - because I definitely tasted curry…

Last at epcot was EMH so it was open until 11. Boy do they want you to leave, at 11:15 lights were off on the flower displays, shops closed up tight in world showcase. I didn’t notice mousegear. We had gone to BLT to watch wishes and got back to epcot by 10:45. After riding space ship earth, it was like a ghost town there. We had walked thru to get to BCV and hardly saw CMs. The ones we did see were leaving as one would leave work with backpack and lunchbags thrown over their shoulders. Usually you don’t see CMs with “outside” stuff with their costumes.

I have shopped in MouseGear after Illuminations was over, but that was when it closed at 8 or 9… I do get the feeling they are hustling you out more there than say MK…

Grrrrr time, when we moved into BCV we borrowed a couple of movies. Didn’t remember what the setup was to watch the DVD. Tried for 20 mins, couldn’t figure it out. Asked bell services and at gift shop, no body knew. Hmmmm, how hard can it be??? Try,try ,try, nothing. LIGHT BULB TIME. Is it connected??? Nope, no wires at all. We had to go looking behind the dresser for wires. Ok, plug them into the DVD player. And…nothing. it’s not plugged into TV either. Finally with the help oh housekeeping, we got it hooked up.

Today I tried to make toast, again not brain surgery, toaster doesn’t work. I’m waiting for housekeeping to bring a new one.

This just sooooo annoys me.

Seems like you are away from with a good start off.