Just a quick question?

Just looking on this website
X-Pass FASTPASS Plus Testing at Walt Disney World May 2012 - TouringPlans.com Blog | TouringPlans.com Blog

and I wondered how many of you work your itinerary around the Crowd Calender, and how accurate it actually is? Just a bit concerned as some of the days on the calender when we’re planning to go to Disney say ‘not a recommended park for this day.’ :blink:

[QUOTE=xmellymox;1113750]Just looking on this website
X-Pass FASTPASS Plus Testing at Walt Disney World May 2012 - TouringPlans.com Blog | TouringPlans.com Blog

and I wondered how many of you work your itinerary around the Crowd Calender, and how accurate it actually is? Just a bit concerned as some of the days on the calender when we’re planning to go to Disney say ‘not a recommended park for this day.’ :blink:[/QUOTE]

.I just recently started reading this site…even downloaded the app but I haven used the info yet. Some of it makes sense…such as the predicted attendance…

I understand their feeling of staying away from an early morning park…but…i just don’t know how much of it really is necessary.

We have been many times, and never planned this way…and everything seemed fine so…I just don’t know.

Hopefully someone who has actually gone by their recommendations will post…I would like to know for our trip in August as well.

[QUOTE=smallworld;1113759].I just recently started reading this site…even downloaded the app but I haven used the info yet. Some of it makes sense…such as the predicted attendance…

I understand their feeling of staying away from an early morning park…but…i just don’t know how much of it really is necessary.

We have been many times, and never planned this way…and everything seemed fine so…I just don’t know.

Hopefully someone who has actually gone by their recommendations will post…I would like to know for our trip in August as well.[/QUOTE]

Oh I see. I’m hoping it’s not accurate as the ride queues are going to be huge if the site is correct! :laugh:

Yes…the first two days of our trip will be huge crowds according to tourinplans .com…however I had always been told that schools go back mid August and after that there are less crowds. That’s why they call it Value season…:confused:

We never go during the busy season. I think anyone having to plan like that doesn’t stay long enough. We stay 9 or 10 nights, even if it were busy in the parks, we would be able to do everything at least once.
WDW is getting so busy, longer stays are definitely in order

When one park is full, move to the next one. that’s what I love about park hoppers, don’t you?

[QUOTE=Dopey;1113772]We never go during the busy season. I think anyone having to plan like that doesn’t stay long enough. We stay 9 or 10 nights, even if it were busy in the parks, we would be able to do everything at least once.
WDW is getting so busy, longer stays are definitely in order[/QUOTE]

We stay for 14 days every time we go, but that’s still not enough time! Hopefully we can do most of what we want to this time though! :happy:

Yes!!! That’s exactly what we do…I can’t imagine not being able to switch to another park…

I tried to use them last trip - I kinda chucked them after the 2nd day. But that’s probably more my fault than theirs. I just can’t keep to a schedule. Stuff keeps coming up or we change our minds…

I know you aren’t staying on-site, so I would definitely avoid the parks that have early morning entry. By the time you get there, there will be quite a crowd. Those are the parks I would choose for evenings. My mantra is always come early, stay late, take a break in the afternoon. There is no doubt that the parks are way more crowded than they used to be, and it’s just really hard to predict what you may encounter.

[QUOTE=llama;1113777]I tried to use them last trip - I kinda chucked them after the 2nd day. But that’s probably more my fault than theirs. I just can’t keep to a schedule. Stuff keeps coming up or we change our minds…

I know you aren’t staying on-site, so I would definitely avoid the parks that have early morning entry. By the time you get there, there will be quite a crowd. Those are the parks I would choose for evenings. My mantra is always come early, stay late, take a break in the afternoon. There is no doubt that the parks are way more crowded than they used to be, and it’s just really hard to predict what you may encounter.[/QUOTE]

Yes! We do have an itinerary but we may move things around, so it’s not set in stone.
I think the best thing to do is find out when we get there, get the general feel for how busy the parks are and work around that :happy:

[QUOTE=xmellymox;1113810]Yes! We do have an itinerary but we may move things around, so it’s not set in stone.
I think the best thing to do is find out when we get there, get the general feel for how busy the parks are and work around that :happy:[/QUOTE]

I agree…see how busy things are and then go with what you think will be best…you can always switch over to another park if it feels too crowded in one…I love to be flexible on this so that’s why dining reservations every day don’t work for us…:happy:

I never follow a real plan. I am either on-hand for rope drop or for EMH morning. The fact remains that you will get everything done by following this policy regardless. I hope to a different park at night and do shops, shows and whatevers. I never attempt to ride the headliners at night unless there is no wait.

Yes, I like that too. Although we’ve never gone to a different park before when’s one has been too crowded. This may be a good thing to do.
Our tickets are the ultimate ones so we can definitely park hop, we just never have.

I too like the freedom so that’s why we don’t stay in Disney and don’t do the DDP. We also have our favourite restaurants around Orlando so I couldn’t image constantly eating in Disney! :happy: