Just a reminder, check your SW fares, they might have gone down

I’ve been looking at flights for dec 5 thru the 17 from phila. For a while now the morning flight had been 147 on the 5th, yesterday it dropped to 99. We booked it.

We only booked the outbound flight. I’m going to wait a few more weeks to book the return flight. I know it’s a gamble, but if I book too early and then there is a ding, I don’t have a way to use the credit. I don’t have a trip within 12 months of booking planned. Our next trip would be late sept 2010. So I will wait till then to book, unless there is a ding on the outbound flight and I’ll use that credit toward the return flight.

And if my planning turns out really bad, we could always cut back a day for a better fare. :eek: We ARE going for 12 days, then next year, probably 10 days sept, and 8 days dec. So that would be 30 days from one AP.

Flights from Indy are dirt cheap. We aren’t totally sure we are even going yet, but we booked the SWA flights anyway to lock in the rate. $58 going out - booked a couple of weeks ago and $63 coming back - booked yesterday. The return flight was originally $84 then went up to $104 then back down to $63.

The rates go up and down almost daily.

If we decide not to go then no big deal, we have a credit to use toward the next trip sometime in 2010.

Ug, I have not been able to get a good fare on SW in over two years out of Detroit.

It’s not SW but I found one out of Detroit the other day round trip to MCO for $75 + tax/fee. My DMIL is flying out of there to meet us in Oct. What sucks is several weeks ago my DSIL booked their flights at over $200 ea and it’s locked, they can’t change it. True, it’s a gamble since it could’ve went the other way just as well.

who did you book for $75.00 rt out detroit?

The last few trips we have taken, we have gone with NW and they have actually been awesome, not to mention they participate in the ME, which is a nice little bonus, not having to worry about our baggage ( on the way home ) and the fares have been excellent.

$75 Roundtrip? Wow!

That’s nothing, in January of this year, I paid 650. for the tickets that I paid 278. for the year before. Just trying to “one-up” ya :tongue:

had to edit to add $75 + tax/fees.

Check CheapOair.com Flights are AirTran & USair.

And if you are booked and the fare drops you can REBOOK and get a credit for the difference, even though the fare may be non refundable. Just hang on to the confirmation number because you can use the difference on another flight.

You can even use credits for different people.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;984801]I’ve been looking at flights for dec 5 thru the 17 from phila. For a while now the morning flight had been 147 on the 5th, yesterday it dropped to 99. We booked it.

We only booked the outbound flight. I’m going to wait a few more weeks to book the return flight. I know it’s a gamble, but if I book too early and then there is a ding, I don’t have a way to use the credit. I don’t have a trip within 12 months of booking planned. Our next trip would be late sept 2010. So I will wait till then to book, unless there is a ding on the outbound flight and I’ll use that credit toward the return flight.

And if my planning turns out really bad, we could always cut back a day for a better fare. :eek: We ARE going for 12 days, then next year, probably 10 days sept, and 8 days dec. So that would be 30 days from one AP.[/QUOTE]

Just an idea…if the fare does drop you can always get the credit and then give it to someone else flying within the time frame. My friend and I are always swaping credits. Each time before we book a trip we call to see if anyone has a credit, then we just give the other person the cash. As long as you have the code and person’s name anyone can use the credit.

Also for future reference…try to book the day the fares are released. We booked the day the new fares for Dec were released and got $49 each way. Flying out of BWI on Fri returning on Sunday (but we did have to add 2 days to the trip to get the $49 rates. I know that was just really tough to do.)

so rebooking the way y’all are saying would rule this out?:

A $75 fee per person applies to any change made after purchase

Wouldn’t mind the hassle if the amt saved is worth it.

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;984969]so rebooking the way y’all are saying would rule this out?:

Wouldn’t mind the hassle if the amt saved is worth it.[/QUOTE]

Southwest doesn’t have a rebooking fee. That’s the great thing, if the fare goes done, you can get credit without any more money coming out of your pocket. Of course I’m always sweating those few seconds when you cancel one ressie and rebook. I always have two windows open so it really is about two seconds, but I’m still scared I’ll hit the wrong button.:laugh:

Southwest really let us down this summer. They never came up with a really good fare from New Orleans, so we’re driving. Oh well.

I hear ya!

I don’t remember seeing flights that cheap, but then again our dates weren’t set yet. We started going earlier in Dec, but then I decided I wanted to be able to take a quick Dec trip next yr too. Next yr it will be Nov 29 - Dec 7.

I just checked the prices for BWI vs PHL and some flights are cheaper but others higher. The cheapest is 59 vs 79, but we are not willing to drive to BWI. We hate driving to the philly airport and that’s only 40 min away.:laugh:

I was doing that last night trying to book Hawaii trip for next year on Delta. Have freq flyer miles for one first class and enough to book coach then upgrade the other, so I was logged into different DFF accounts. But when I’s switch from one to the other it would log in as the OTHER account. Finally called Delta FF reservations desk and the nice lady there pulled up both and booked our seats together.

On SWA, you have 1 year from the date of your original ticket purchase to use the credits. Last Dec trip I rebooked 3 or 4 times. Paid for another trip. What you have to really watch is on leg will drop and the other will not. Fear not, bunkie, when you see that one has dropped, you can select ONLY the leg that’s gone down and the other leg remains the same.

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;985208]
On SWA, you have 1 year from the date of your original ticket purchase to use the credits. Last Dec trip I rebooked 3 or 4 times. Paid for another trip. What you have to really watch is on leg will drop and the other will not. Fear not, bunkie, when you see that one has dropped, you can select ONLY the leg that’s gone down and the other leg remains the same.[/QUOTE]

I didn’t know that. Last few trips I’ve booked only half the trip at a time since there is no price difference between one way or RT.