Just a thought....Princess & the Frog and Splash Mountain

When I was watching Princess and the Frog a couple weeks ago the WHOLE time there were scenes in the ‘Bayou’ I couldn’t ignore the similarities between the environment & even the way some of the side characters looked compared to the environment & characters in Splash Mountain.

Yes, I know that Splash Mountain is “Song of the South” characters & themed BUT especially considering the refurbishments of the past decade I would NOT be surprised if Disney decided to “update” Splash to the bayou & characters in the new “Princess and the Frog.”

I guess it depends how popular the movie is, etc. but look, Tiana & her bayou crew is already making themselves comfortable on the River close by Splash and that movie had an AWFUL lot of visual similarities to the attraction.

When you guys watch the movie keep that in mind & post your opinion after you see it. I am curious to see if anyone else catches those similarities. Even the music to me had a slightly suggestive “Splash” feel.

Hmmm, are they prepping us for a possible “re-do?”

[B]* PS: I am NOT supporting this idea or suggesting it’s a good plan, I am just saying what I observed about the movie.[/B]

Blasphemy!!! I don’t WANT movie tie-ins! (Yes, I know Splash Mountain already is… but nooooooooooo!!!)

(I think my position here is clear. :laugh:)

I thought that just from watching the extended trailer online! I can’t wait to see the whole film. That said, Splash is my favorite, favorite ride and if they change the music someone will be receiving a very harshly worded letter from me :mad:! (which i’m sure will do tons of good :laugh:)

Wishy you are VERY BRAVE posting a suggestion like this to these die hards!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

That said, I think it would be COOL! As much as Brair Rabbit was a FAVORITE book of mine, kids today don’t really know the story. Maybe it would get DD5 to actually go on it too! :laugh::laugh: (my own selfish reason!) :blush:

Oh no, don’t get me wrong! I never said I SUPPORTED a tie-in. I ABSOLUTELY hate the PotC refurb with the new Pirates crap. I am just saying this is what I observed about the movie.

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;1007811]Wishy you are VERY BRAVE posting a suggestion like this to these die hards!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

That said, I think it would be COOL! As much as Brair Rabbit was a FAVORITE book of mine, kids today don’t really know the story. Maybe it would get DD5 to actually go on it too! :laugh::laugh: (my own selfish reason!) :blush:[/QUOTE]

When we did “Lunch with an Imagineer” a couple years ago this topic came up; we weren’t talking about refurbs we were talking about the decision to completely replace some older attractions with brand new ones. The Imagineer said one of the most important ideals to them was “keeping the show relevant to the new generations.” She specifically mentioned the old Mr. Toad ride in WDW’s MK and said “children wouldn’t even be familiar with that story now.”

This is probably one of the reasons that Disneyland has become so close to my heart because it seems, possibly, that the Imagineers there have more of a priority to preserve the history (They still have Mr. Toads, it was one of the originals in DL).

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;1007815]When we did “Lunch with an Imagineer” a couple years ago this topic came up; we weren’t talking about refurbs we were talking about the decision to completely replace some older attractions with brand new ones. The Imagineer said one of the most important ideals to them was “keeping the show relevant to the new generations.” She specifically mentioned the old Mr. Toad ride in WDW’s MK and said “children wouldn’t even be familiar with that story now.”

This is probably one of the reasons that Disneyland has become so close to my heart because it seems, possibly, that the Imagineers there have more of a priority to preserve the history (They still have Mr. Toads, it was one of the originals in DL).[/QUOTE]

That is why I so badly want to go to DL!! One day . . . :happy:

I already told you… Girl Trip #2! WEST COAST!:happy:

[QUOTE=Andrea;1007798]Blasphemy!!! I don’t WANT movie tie-ins! (Yes, I know Splash Mountain already is… but nooooooooooo!!!)

(I think my position here is clear. :laugh:)[/QUOTE]

I am so with you on that.

Wishy … just wait until Spiderman hits Splash Mountain!!! :laugh:
You can see the tie in …huh… can’t ya ??? :pirate: