Just Applied For Seasonal!

So, as I may have mentioned to some of you, or if you have been keeping up with my Disney blog (staceyydarling.tumblr.com) they cancelled my internship program for this season, so I can’t apply for it, obviously! :closedeye

Which means, I applied for seasonal! This is my best option… it won’t interfer with school, and it allows me to keep my foot in the company until I can commit to a more permanent form of employment!

I’m pretty excited to see what will come out of it!!! Being seasonal is going to require a lot of planning on my part. Being as I’m from PA! :laugh:

I’M SO EXCITEDDD!
I hope I get hired!
:whistling:whistling:whistling:whistling:whistling

Good luck finding seasonal work.

A few questions…you mean working at the park for the summer? Would you make enough to pay for a place to live? And you could get a place to live just for a few months? Sorry if these are questions that everyone knows the answers but me. I’ve never thought of doing something like you are planning. Good Luck.

CANCELLED??? :noo:

I haven’t been keeping up with anything online lately, so I missed this announcement. That STINKS.

I just heard some people talking the other day about renting places for a week or so. I’m sure with all the tourists that visit Orlando there are some decent options like that.

However, I also heard that if you sign a lease in Orlando (and maybe Florida in general?) that is for less than 7 months, you pay some kind of tourist tax, which is not cheap.

This is all hearsay. Just passing things along in case they might help. :flowers: Good luck going seasonal! Let us know as soon as you hear something!

Fingers crossed …

Good luck!!

My cousin worked full time at HS until she moved to Pittsburg this year. Her and Her husband are now seasonal and only need to work one day a year to keep their benefits.

I told my DH that I really should apply

Good luck!! My sister stayed on as seasonal after her internship and we love it! We schedule our trips around it and she can go down and work for a couple of days, but still be on vacation with us. It’s a huge benefit for us since she gets all the benefits of being an employee. I hope you get hired!

[QUOTE=slist;1067663]My cousin worked full time at HS until she moved to Pittsburg this year. Her and Her husband are now seasonal and only need to work one day a year to keep their benefits.

I told my DH that I really should apply[/QUOTE]

Ok, another maybe dumb question on my part…how do you work for disney one day a year???

I know, it’s hard to believe Disney allows this, but they do. My sister works her one day (sometimes more if she wants to) and she gets all the benefits of being a Disney employee. It really only works well for people that go to Disney often enough. My sister has enough of us family and friends that want to go with her to make it worthwhile. If you don’t have people to take with you, it’s not really worth it in the end because you’d end up spending more than you’d be making.

But does she work in a park or resort or some off site job? Does she go on vacation, work monday and say “see you next year”, now back to the fun?

Could we go down for two weeks and work the weekends?

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1067700]But does she work in a park or resort or some off site job? Does she go on vacation, work monday and say “see you next year”, now back to the fun?

Could we go down for two weeks and work the weekends?[/QUOTE]

Joanne, are you planning some extra employment for you and DH:laugh: the things you do to get those Disney benefits:laugh:

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1067700]But does she work in a park or resort or some off site job? Does she go on vacation, work monday and say “see you next year”, now back to the fun?

Could we go down for two weeks and work the weekends?[/QUOTE]

Lol, she works in Fantasyland and it’s basically what you said. She works her day and says “see you next year”. She has to put in online the day she wants to work. Then when the schedule comes out, she works the shift they assigned her. Then she just vacations with us the rest of the time. A lot of times, she will ask for more than one shift, because she really does like her job and loves the people she works with. :mickey:

How about you Dixie, you guys go down for almost a month. You could show those people at Rose and Crown (is that the name) how to cook a proper British meal. Paul could handle bar tending duties and Chelsey could be a helper to Mary Poppins. Isn’t is nice how I plan your life? What are friends for??:laugh::laugh:

That is amazing. Hmm, let’s see, how long will our DVC points last???

I have read there are some who have lots and lots of points and plan to spend 8 - 12 weeks at disney during the winter after they retired. Wonder if they could work part time?

I just find this fact so interesting.

Lol, I love those kind of plans!! and of course I would make sure my dear friends had the best viewing spot for the fireworks!:flowers:

She has worked at HS for 7 year I don’t know how long her husband worked there. Her Dad is retired from Disney he drove the train for about 10 years after he retired from Dupont in Delaware. He still live in Flordia so when they come to visit she works a shift or two. She works more than he does because he has a full time job in Pittsburg.

She works at Little Mermaid. She goes on line tells them when she wants to work and then she can view her schedule. It is really a home coming for her she gets to see all of her friends

They get all the benefits even the book that you get at the Holidays with 50%off of meals and free popcorn and stuff like that. I don’t know if you have to work full time first before they will allow you to become seasonal. Seems like a good deal to me.

princesslindsey, how exactly does your sister work out scheduling? When she was hired as seasonal, did they tell her how much or little she’d be expected to work? Or does she set her own plan? How long in advance can she know when she’s working (trying to figure out how she plans somewhere to stay and travel, etc.) Thanks! What is her job role in Fantasyland?

Thanks so much everyone! I still have a lot of things to work out. Depending on the time of year I go down, and how long I’m staying, I’m almost POSITIVE I’ll be spending more then I’m making, but hey… money isn’t why I want to work for Disney! :happy:

I’m sure it’ll be beneficial to me to keep my foot in the door and keep myself fresh in the world of working for Disney World until I can make a more permanent commitment to working there! :]

[QUOTE=PrincessJill;1067653]CANCELLED??? :noo:

I haven’t been keeping up with anything online lately, so I missed this announcement. That STINKS.

I just heard some people talking the other day about renting places for a week or so. I’m sure with all the tourists that visit Orlando there are some decent options like that.

However, I also heard that if you sign a lease in Orlando (and maybe Florida in general?) that is for less than 7 months, you pay some kind of tourist tax, which is not cheap.

This is all hearsay. Just passing things along in case they might help. :flowers: Good luck going seasonal! Let us know as soon as you hear something![/QUOTE]

I know! I was so extremely bummed when I heard they canceled the program… did I mention they canceled it THREE DAYS BEFORE APPLICATIONS COULD GO IN! :sad:

But yeah, as for finding somewhere to stay during my seasonal positions. I was thinking of a couple different options, I mean obviously I don’t know what will work out or not. I was thinking maybe craigslistings for temporary housing (renting), etc. I know there’s a lot considering a lot of snowbirds own homes down there and rent them out while they are still back at home.

I was thinking of looking on disboards (since they have a more active CP/Seasonal forum) maybe I’ll find someone other seasonals who are looking for people to room with while there. Or maybe I can get advice from former seasonal CM’s on how and where to stay. If I even get the position!

Lastly, I was thinking depending on how long I’m staying, I could just stay at somewhere like POP. I’m assuming seasonal CM also get the 50% off hotel room stays that all the FT and PT CM’s get. So I think for sometimes that could be a reasonable solution. I wonder if places like POP does any specials for long term stay? (like long then 2 weeks?)

Dixie, you stay at the resorts for a long length in time, do you happen to know if they offer anything along those lines?

Thanks everyone!!