Just booked All-Star Sports through Priceline

The title says it. We suddenly had a wedding come up in FL so I was looking for plane tickets on Priceline. I got the room offered at around $50.00 a night as an add on and decided why not? It’s better than staying at Hampton Inn (my original reservation) :laugh:. We were not even planning on going to Disney but since we have some no expiration tickets sitting here . . .

If anyone has any tips or tricks for All-Star Sports feel free to weigh in. We will be there from August 31 to Sept 3.

Well, of course you have to use up those tickets! It wouldn’t be economically responsible if you didn’t! Yay for you! Never stayed at the All-Star Sports - but it’s Disney - how can it not be terrific?:happy:

Those were my thoughts exactly. If I can choose between basically any hotel and a Disney hotel it’s an easy choice.

Yea for you!!! It is a crime to leave the unused tickets just lying around, you are doing the responsible thing by using them. LOL!

Wow well done to you! and yes, if its Disney you know its a good standard- enjoy!

So my question is…does the Shat Man come with the room? :huh: Because if so I’m booking one! lol I :heart: him. Too bad S@#! My Dad Says was canceled. sigh

Btw yay for the low price lol

the only thing I can say is you are a short walking distance to ASmusic where all the movies are played by the pool. I was told when we stayed at the Movies resort that only Music had the poolside entertainment between the three all stars. Hope that can help some.

That’s a great rate! Definately sneak away to the parks. I don’t think I would be able to be on property and not get at least a night in a park.

Hmm, let’s see. Star Trek was on NBC and produced (and is still owned) by Paramount. Rescue 911 was on CBS (which is all wrapped up in that Viacom/Paramount/CBS thing). TJ Hooker was on ABC, but that was before Disney bought the network and the series is owned by Columbia-Tri Star (which is Sony), and his current programs are on one of A&E’s channels (which is in small part, owned by Disney via ABC).

I just consulted the magic 8 ball and it said:
“Chances are unlikely. Don’t hold your breath.”

But I hear they are trying to book the Lt. Dan Band to play Epcot instead of Mickey Thomas’ Starship.:laugh:

Thread jack:
And if the Lt Dan Band doesn’t WS you can always catch them on Sept 17th for Beaufort’s Wounded Warrior Project weekend. It was one heck of a show last year. And a great fundraiser for our Veterans.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1081634]Hmm, let’s see. Star Trek was on NBC and produced (and is still owned) by Paramount. Rescue 911 was on CBS (which is all wrapped up in that Viacom/Paramount/CBS thing). TJ Hooker was on ABC, but that was before Disney bought the network and the series is owned by Columbia-Tri Star (which is Sony), and his current programs are on one of A&E’s channels (which is in small part, owned by Disney via ABC).

I just consulted the magic 8 ball and it said:
“Chances are unlikely. Don’t hold your breath.”

But I hear they are trying to book the Lt. Dan Band to play Epcot instead of Mickey Thomas’ Starship.:laugh:[/QUOTE]

MAN!!! Well there goes my plan. Even dh was on board with it for a few mins there. :laugh:

Actually Rich, my joke was based on Gary Sinese’s annual appearances during the Candlelight Processional combined with his being one of the “stars” of Mission Space.
Sadly, somebody must have a crush on Mickey Thomas because they could book the real Jefferson Starship instead of the “legally sanctioned” afterbirth.

Not sure if I’ll be anywhere near Beaufort any time soon, but I understand that you’ll be able to watch the Lt. Dan Band movie on line starting next week if it isn’t in a theater near you.

5Demons, I just had a conversation with a CM and was told that they might be able to beam in a couple tribbles as a consolation for your vacation lacking “The Shat”.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1081775]Actually Rich, my joke was based on Gary Sinese’s annual appearances during the Candlelight Processional combined with his being one of the “stars” of Mission Space.
Sadly, somebody must have a crush on Mickey Thomas because they could book the real Jefferson Starship instead of the “legally sanctioned” afterbirth.

Not sure if I’ll be anywhere near Beaufort any time soon, but I understand that you’ll be able to watch the Lt. Dan Band movie on line starting next week if it isn’t in a theater near you.

5Demons, I just had a conversation with a CM and was told that they might be able to beam in a couple tribbles as a consolation for your vacation lacking “The Shat”.[/QUOTE]

Alright! Tribbles!!! You’re fab SG, I don’t care what anyone else says :wink:

Note to all MB’ers, there will be a sale on Tribbles later in the Lobby. :laugh:

Please tell me I’m not the only 1 to get that joke. :ph34r:

Top ten reasons Disney should buy out Viacom.

1. Mouse ears on tribbles.

2. Goofy Spock.

3. Phasers that shoot pixie dust.

4. William Shatner’s new show one man show - I Am Donald

5. Automatic doors on everything that make whooshing sounds.

6. Price is Right - Resort Style. “Item up for bids a two night stay at Grand Floridian during peak season with counter service dining.” (Viacom owns things besides Star Trek.

7. Disney Space Cruises with a stop at their own private asteroid.

8. Pointy ears on a stick.

9. Toupees carried in all shops.

and

1. Transporters will make the monorail obsolete.

[QUOTE=cubsblue;1081811]Top ten reasons Disney should buy out Viacom.

1. Mouse ears on tribbles.

2. Goofy Spock.

3. Phasers that shoot pixie dust.

4. William Shatner’s new show one man show - I Am Donald

5. Automatic doors on everything that make whooshing sounds.

6. Price is Right - Resort Style. “Item up for bids a two night stay at Grand Floridian during peak season with counter service dining.” (Viacom owns things besides Star Trek.

7. Disney Space Cruises with a stop at their own private asteroid.

8. Pointy ears on a stick.

9. Toupees carried in all shops.

and

1. Transporters will make the monorail obsolete.[/QUOTE]

If only! I’d get my Trekkie to WDW a heck of a lot more! lol:laugh:

Also, I’d totally by a Phaser that shoots pixie dust and buy my tribbles mouse ears. :ph34r:

Was just there last month, I have stayed here my last two trips, March and June. Great pool area, nice bar and for busses you are picked up first (Sports, Music, Movies I think) and dropped off first. Rooms were clean and somewhat quiet, and I was there during the National Cheerleading event and an AAU Girls basketball tournament.

The bus thing is a big selling point. Although it seems quicker to drive to all the parks except for MK.