Just booked my FIRST Disney Cruise!

I am SOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!

I just booked our first Disney Cruise. We are going on a 4 Night Cruise on the Wonder, leaving on Valentine’s Day. I can’t think of a better way to spend it!!!

We actually were able to get EARLY dining, too! I was REALLY surprised at that as well, especially since it’s during a holiday week!!!

I booked a Category 10 Deluxe Inside Cabin…214 Square Feet! I could have chosen to be midship on Deck 2, or all the way in the front on Deck 7 in an ADJOINING ROOM…which would mean my neighbors would be a LITTLE too close for comfort! So I chose Deck 2, midship. I hope I did the right thing!

Does anyone know where I could find a chart with available cabins? If a better cabin becomes available, I can change it at any time.

Now…my Disney Cruise Line friends…I need TIPS!!! I have NEVER been on a Disney Cruise, but I am no stranger to Cruising in general. What do I need to know???

Here’s our schedule:

SUNDAY 2/14 - LEAVE PORT CANAVERAL
MONDAY 2/15 - NASSAU 9:30AM-7PM
TUESDAY 2/16 - CASTAWAY CAY 8:30AM-5PM
WEDNESDAY 2/17 - SEA DAY
THURSDAY 2/18 - RETURN TO PORT CANAVERAL

Is it worth it to rent a room at the Atlantis for the day, so we can enjoy the day there without spending the Excursion Fee for the four of us?
What do you suggest doing at Castaway Cay…an excursion, or just relax and enjoy it?
I have been on so many cruises, yet I have NEVER done an excursion that you pay for beforehand.

What else can you tell me? How do I know my Dining Rotation? I know I can book Palo 75 days out. Is it worth it? I am thinking of taking my kids to early dinner and then booking Palos for later in the evening. Is this an OK plan?

Anything else???

After our cruise, we are heading over to Bay Lake Tower for a 3 night stay in a Lake View Studio.

I am kinda wondering about getting from the airport to the Cruise Terminal. We are probably flying in that morning. Is this a NO NO or should we come in the night before? Should I rent a car to get me from MCO to Port Canaveral? Can I drop it off in Port Canaveral? What about the way back…I need to get to BLT. Should I rent a car, take it to MCO and hop on Magical Express?

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited, I can’t stand it!!!

A couple of years ago when we took the cruise they offered bus service not only to MCO after the cruise, but also back to WDW for those extending there vacation. I do not know if they still offer this, but with the number of people that used it I would think they would. I also think, but am not 100% positive they offer bus service from MCO to the cruise terminal, but it might not be in the morning because you are not aloud to board until sometime in the early afternoon if I can remember right.

I just looked at airfare for that week…WOW, is it HIGH!!! JetBlue wants $3000 for 4 of us!!! Delta wants $1600. We might just go back to driving. We shall see…if there’s a great deal, hopefully I can get it!

DCL site has been updated and much nicer.

here’s your link… click on virtural tour

Disney Wonder | Disney Cruise Ships | Disney Cruise Line

What a great way to spend Valentine’s Day!
Enjoy all the planning!

Kim- check out Mary Waring’s DCL section on Mousesavers. The last time I read it, it had lots of helpful info.

Congrats! We are going on our first Disney cruise in 75 days!
Did you watch the free DCL dvd and podcast?

[QUOTE=2nd Star;985441]Congrats! We are going on our first Disney cruise in 75 days!
Did you watch the free DCL dvd and podcast?[/QUOTE]

I have an old DVD I requested quite some time ago (months!) but not the podcast. Where can I find that?

Congrats on your first Disney Cruise! Are you going on the Magic or Wonder and which cruise?

I am BEYOND excited!!!

envy and jealousy are not a good thing - But I’m have a fantastic time :heart:

[QUOTE=iluvwdw;985447]I have an old DVD I requested quite some time ago (months!) but not the podcast. Where can I find that?

Congrats on your first Disney Cruise! Are you going on the Magic or Wonder and which cruise?

I am BEYOND excited!!![/QUOTE]

Thanks! We are doing a 3 night on the Wonder. The link to the podcasts Disney Cruise Podcasts & Videos | Disney Cruise Line

Congratulations! You are going to love it! :happy:

Thanks so much, I’m watching them now! :happy:

Four suggestions.

First is get up and watch the sunrise one morning. It’s worth it.

Second is a little more expensive…book a couples massage.

Third. Book Palos for dinner. The choclate suflee is to die for and I’m not even that much of a chocolate nut.

Finally - DON’T do the glass bottom boat tour in Nassau. It was a total waste of time and the absolute LOW point of our first cruise.:

Awesome Kim!! I have no advice for you because i know nothing about cruising but I’m excited for you!

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;985595]Four suggestions.

First is get up and watch the sunrise one morning. It’s worth it.

Second is a little more expensive…book a couples massage.

Third. Book Palos for dinner. The choclate suflee is to die for and I’m not even that much of a chocolate nut.

Finally - DON’T do the glass bottom boat tour in Nassau. It was a total waste of time and the absolute LOW point of our first cruise.:[/QUOTE]

I agree with three of the four - especially the Glass Bottom Boat!:blow::blow:

But as for the couple massage - leave daddy with the kids and enjoy some “mommy” time on your own.:happy:

Good or you! We are going on our third cruise in April. You will love your second floor room. I would not worry about changing it.

We did not do Palo on our first cruise - too much hassle. We did on our second and it was really too long and fancy for us. So, we will just stick in the dining rooms for now. You will get your rotation when you board.

You can buy Disney transportation to and from the port. We always fly in the day before because I am too paranoid about flight delays.

I know nothing about Atlantis. I would just relax and enjoy castaway cay. The stingrays look fun, but we have not done this yet.

Consider buying the Passporter for DCL. It is a fun read and will tell you everything you need to know. There is also a very active crusie board over on the DIS.

I know you will have a great time!!!

Here’s my advice for Palo. If you want to eat there, try and get a reservation for the first or second night. We waited until our last night and by that time we had eaten so much we could hardly face another huge meal - but that was on the 7 day cruise…

Personally, on a 4 day cruise I’d skip Palo. You will still have the other 3 restaurants to try and they’re all terrific (especially Animator’s Palate). We like to keep one night free to just relax and eat at the counter-service, whenever we like.

Congrats on your first Disney cruise! We just did our first in April…7 day Western Caribbean, and LOVED it.
I think we were deck 2 as well, in a deluxe inside Cat 10 stateroom, plenty for 2 of us!
I was all worried about space in the usually small cruise ship cabins, but Disneys staterooms have ample cabinets, drawers and shelves. We overpacked (as usual) and left plenty of space empty!
The number one tip I have is to purchase the PassPorter WDW Cruise edition…what a wonderful and helpful book. I am a planner…I research everything before I go, and passporter gave me any info I could find online and more!!
Not sure I would want to miss eating at one of the themed restaurants on board to go to Palo…but if you are scheduled to eat at one of the restaurants twice, I would make a Palo reservation for one of those nights.(Your dining rotation is noted on your room key.)
Just can’t stress enough how great the PassPorter Cruise edition is…worth every penny…go now! buy it!

Thanks, everyone! I am so excited, I think I might go out and buy the DCL Passporter.

I decided to keep my 2nd floor room since it’s midship with no connecting door. I will keep looking for better rooms…but until then, this will be just fine, I’m sure.

I am impressed with cabin size… the last cruise I was on was 140 square feet (Norwegian Dawn) and this is 218 square feet! Lots more space!!! I can’t wait.

I also decided on a LATE dinner. I changed it…I just can’t see myself eating dinner at 5:45 each night. Too early for me. I’ll probably be eating something by the pool at 3pm! :lol:

OK, question about dining seating…SHOULD I REQUEST TO EAT ALONE, or SHOULD I CHANCE IT AND HOPE WE GET SEATED WITH A NICE FAMILY? DH has never eaten with strangers (except for Hibachi restaurants :happy:) so not sure he’d like this. What do you all think?

I wouldn’t worry about it. Your fellow cruisers are some of the nicest people…Disney fans.