Just booked POFQ and POLY...YIPPIE

I just booked POFQ for the first two days of our trip and POLY for the last five days. We were originally staying at a Universal property at the beginning of our trip because the boys are very excited to see Harry Potter but since we got a good deal on POFQ (the 30% off room) we decided to stay on Disney property because of the hassle with with luggage.

I am super excited to stay at the Poly!!!

You will LOVE THEM! I have stayed at both, and they are my favorites. The Poly has great customer service, and it makes you relax!!! Plus staying on the monorail cannot be beaten… Have fun!

I hate to tell you this, but I think you made a little mistake canceling the Universal hotel for the time you’re at Universal.
You see, guests of the Royal Pacific, Hard Rock, and Portofino can use their room keys as a permanent unlimited fast pass during your length of stay (and until park close on the day you check out). The amount of time you’ll save walking on to rides like Hulk, Dragon Challenge (formerly Dueling Dragons), MIB, and Spiderman far outweigh the slight hassle of packing and moving to Disney.
Trust me, I speak from experience. Plus, if you’re staying at Hard Rock, you can literally walk through the pool area to the back gate and be at Universal Studios’ gate in 2 minutes and IOA’s gate in about 10 if you hump it a little. Sure beats taking a taxi both ways or taking your car and having to deal with parking and compared to WDW, only Contemporary/MK and Beach Club Resort (not villas)/Epcot allow you to walk such a short distance to the park’s entrance.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1030512]I hate to tell you this, but I think you made a little mistake canceling the Universal hotel for the time you’re at Universal.
You see, guests of the Royal Pacific, Hard Rock, and Portofino can use their room keys as a permanent unlimited fast pass during your length of stay (and until park close on the day you check out). The amount of time you’ll save walking on to rides like Hulk, Dragon Challenge (formerly Dueling Dragons), MIB, and Spiderman far outweigh the slight hassle of packing and moving to Disney.
Trust me, I speak from experience. Plus, if you’re staying at Hard Rock, you can literally walk through the pool area to the back gate and be at Universal Studios’ gate in 2 minutes and IOA’s gate in about 10 if you hump it a little. Sure beats taking a taxi both ways or taking your car and having to deal with parking and compared to WDW, only Contemporary/MK and Beach Club Resort (not villas)/Epcot allow you to walk such a short distance to the park’s entrance.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip yet I know that the guests at the Universal Resorts get the VIP pass included with their hotel yet we are meeting family who lives in Florida who will be purchasing the park tickets. With the discount we are getting from him being a Florida resident we are purchasing the VIP express pass and still saving money. The Hard Rock is double the price we are paying at POFQ so actually we are saving a little more then discounted park tickets.

Do you know if Universal has a bus that goes to Disney to pick guests up and bring them to Universal? If I had to guess my answer would be no, but I figured you may know for sure. I always see so many different busses in WDW beside the usual Disney bus. Thanks in Advance.