Just curious... Don't want to start any trouble but

DH and I were talking last night and were wondering, other than being fair, why wouldn’t people call and say they were checking into an off site hotel earlier than they are so they can make their dining reservations and then cancel the beginning portion. I am not saying we would do this, but I am not also saying that we wouldn’t consider it to get a reservation at a highly requested restaurant that we usually would have trouble at!!!

After all, you don’t have to be staying on Property to make reservations!

[QUOTE=NokeyNose;967724]DH and I were talking last night and were wondering, other than being fair, why wouldn’t people call and say they were checking into an off site hotel earlier than they are so they can make their dining reservations and then cancel the beginning portion. I am not saying we would do this, but I am not also saying that we wouldn’t consider it to get a reservation at a highly requested restaurant that we usually would have trouble at!!!

After all, you don’t have to be staying on Property to make reservations![/QUOTE]

You can’t call until 90 days out no matter where you’re staying and if you’re staying on property you have to give your reservation number to book 10 more days beyond that. It’s a level field for everyone booking at 90 days but only Disney resort guests get the extra 10 days add to that.

I don’t see how off site guests could fake it since they can’t call until 90 days out and don’t get the 10+ days of booking ADRs. Am I missing something?

I guess my question would be, if you are staying off property, then 90 days from what? I mean, I give my ressie number and it is 90 +10 days from my check-in date. So if you are not on property, would it be 90 days from the date on your tickets? Or would they just take you at your word as to when your first day is?

I called today and got in BEFORE my 90th day. I have no clue how but is Disneys system it said today was my day so I took it.
I was also told that only onsite guest can do 10+ out. if off site they have to call back every day

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;967727]You can’t call until 90 days out no matter where you’re staying and if you’re staying on property you have to give your reservation number to book 10 more days beyond that. It’s a level field for everyone booking at 90 days but only Disney resort guests get the extra 10 days add to that.

I don’t see how off site guests could fake it since they can’t call until 90 days out and don’t get the 10+ days of booking ADRs. Am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing. Off-site can only book 90 days out, so that gives on-site people a 10 day head start (90+10).

If you’re staying offsite, you can only book a reservation 0-90 days from the date you call.

It would be 90 days from the date of the ADR. If I’m staying off site and want to eat at Le Cellier I have to wait to call until 90 days out from the date I want to eat there. On site guests get up to a 10 day head start on me in this situation. If I want to eat at Chef Mickey’s the following day I would have to call again the next day to book that since it’s more than 90 days out and I’m staying off site.

I don’t get it. I don’t see how that would work? :huh:

ooops, my bad. Edited because response was not in relation to ?

OK, gotcha.

I see, but what a pain. I would not want to call back every day.

Ok, so what I am gathering is… That only on site resort guests can book 90 days outAND for 10 days?

If I am “staying off property” then I can only book each day at 90 days out?

If that is right, then I am actually happy to hear it! Then the playing field is even! Great to know! We are sure of this right, not just speculating? I have never given my reservation # to the CM, BUT I usually make my dining through DVC so they already see the resi #!

[QUOTE=NokeyNose;967819]Ok, so what I am gathering is… That only on site resort guests can book 90 days outAND for 10 days?

If that is right, then I am actually happy to hear it! Then the playing field is even! Great to know! We are sure of this right, not just speculating? I have never given my reservation # to the CM, BUT I usually make my dining through DVC so they already see the resi #![/QUOTE]

Yes, it’s only 90 plus 10 days if you are staying at a WDW resort.

[QUOTE=NokeyNose;967819]Ok, so what I am gathering is… That only on site resort guests can book 90 days outAND for 10 days?

If that is right, then I am actually happy to hear it! Then the playing field is even! Great to know! We are sure of this right, not just speculating? I have never given my reservation # to the CM, BUT I usually make my dining through DVC so they already see the resi #![/QUOTE]

This is a new system they are working with so you probably haven’t given a number in the past. I can confirm to you that I had to give my reservation number before any ressie would be made for my upcoming trip in July. Good luck to you!

Yes, I can also confirm that the past couple of times I’ve called for my upcoming trip that I had to give my reservation number EACH time I called, even through DVC.

Giving a hotel reservation number would only be required if you want to do the 90 + 10day thing. For the 90 day only thing no reservation would be required, otherwise no locals/semi-local would be able to make reservations at all.

Yeah… you only have to give a reservation number if you’re staying on-site. It would do you no good to call before 90 days before your ADR because you couldn’t book anything. So if you were staying off-site and you wanted to book exactly 90 days out to make sure you got what you wanted, you’d have to call 90 days before each reservation. So there are no advantages to claim staying off-site when booking ADRs 90 days out.

However, if you aren’t booking 90 days out, then you could save yourself the hassel of providing a reservation number by just saying you were staying off-property (I actually do that a lot). They often don’t even ask if you’re staying on or off property if you aren’t booking 90 days out.

do Swan/Dolphin fall under the 90+10 rule? I’ve been told they don’t qualify for DDP but didn’t know if they were privy to the xtra 10 days.

No, they do not get 90+10 dining.

I am confused too…WDW won’t do that.