Just finished our trip :(

We had a wonderful trip staying in the cars section at the Art of Animation Resort. Everything was great, family and kids had an awesome trip. This was our first trip driving from Massachusetts to Florida with our 3 and 5 year old boys. I would have to say we were surprised on how well they did, even if they had their moments in the car. I will upload some photos if I get around to it in the next few days. Weather was great and we missed Sandy which was nice, but had to drive home to see all the damage (we were lucky and our house was untouched).

The AOA was great and the rooms were spacious and was good to take pictures of all the things there. We did notice some teenagers climbing/walking all over the cars as well as younger children which was kind of sad to us (since there were “No Climbing” signs all over). We did notice or my son did that one of Mcqueens stickers was ripped off. Kind of sad that some people don’t have respect for things. Just hope that in a few years from now the resort won’t be getting run down already.

Checkin was easy, and lots to see in the lobby. Staff were very helful and kind to us every day we were there. Mousekeeping was good and kept our room very clean, only downside was that most days they didn’t get to our room until 3pm. Kind of difficult for us to take the kids back for a nap, but we managed. Didn’t take the bus once, now we are spoiled having used our car to get around.

We planned this trip for over a year and it was over in the blink of an eye :crying: we want to go back soon, but will have to wait a few years now. We are already talking about June 2014 for my sons 5th birthday. My oldest had a B-day this trip and we are still laughing about it since he told everyone (daily) it was his birthday. He was 5 when we left and he is now 12 since he had a b-day everyday we were there… :blink:

Thanks again to Mouseketrips for helping us out, you guys are great and we are looking forward to the next trip…

Glad you had such a good trip. Looking forward to those pictures.

It is amazing how quickly disney time goes by. I always feel like we have so much time, we can do EVERYTHING, the next moment we are saying where did the time go?

The worst part about a Disney trip, every time, is when it is over. Glad you had fun. Glad your kids had fun. It is so much fun with them, isn’t it? )not always easy, but still fun.)

yay, glad you had a good trip. Yes, pictures pleas :biggrin:

I couldn’t sleep one night (well, every night) while we were at Pop.
So I took a walk over to look at AoA. I noticed that some people are pigs. It being 3 or 4 AM, I’d say the CMs tasked with cleaning, hadn’t.
But what upset me was the missing Porsche hood ornament from Sally.

I am looking forward to see pictures as well. It is so nice you had a great trip. Driving from Mass is a long trip but it actually is cheaper than driving!

hardest thing is in line to check out and seeing the people who are checking in. Glad you got to stay at AoA. We want to stay there some time but just do not know when we will be able to.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1124768]I couldn’t sleep one night (well, every night) while we were at Pop.
So I took a walk over to look at AoA. I noticed that some people are pigs. It being 3 or 4 AM, I’d say the CMs tasked with cleaning, hadn’t.
But what upset me was the missing Porsche hood ornament from Sally.[/QUOTE]

Yes the missing ornament from Sally was still missing as well as a headlight sticker from Lightning Mcqueen as well as some other stickers from other characters. We were upset to see how much some people don’t care about things. My wife actually said to a kid who was around 15 yrs old, “Can’t you read the don’t climb on the cars signs?” and he said to mind your own business… thankfully I wasn’t there at the time :mad:…

It still didn’t take away from the great time we had. I am still working on pictures and will get them up as I sort through the 600+ we took :eek: lol… If anyone has any questions about the resort feel free to ask since we were just there…

…I feel the way about the Orlando airport—it’s so hard waiting to board to go home, and seeing the flight land with all these happy eager people coming out…families with kids who already have their character tshirts on…

[QUOTE=tjrey;1124791] My wife actually said to a kid who was around 15 yrs old, “Can’t you read the don’t climb on the cars signs?” and he said to mind your own business… thankfully I wasn’t there at the time :mad:…
[/QUOTE]

I had a similar experience in AK two weeks ago.
We were just passing the turkey leg kiosk just before Dinoland.
I looked over and saw some “young adult” feeding turkey skin to one of the storks. Of course I yelled at him to stop. The response was stunning.
Stop what? Where does it say don’t feed the animals? What business is it of yours what I do? Why are you yelling at me?

If I’d been a little quicker, I would have gotten out “I’m a stockholder, which means I am a part owner of this amusement park that you’re in. If you can’t follow the rules, I’ll find security and have you ejected and banned.”

The bottom line here is, how stupid and self absorbed have we become?
Why do we feel that rules only apply to everyone else, but not us? (Says the man who always drives 5-10 MPH faster than the limit)
What ever happened to common sense and mutual respect?

…The signs in the MK near Casey’s Corner says not to feed the birds…and people still stand right next to the signs and feed them…as they are taking pictures …because it’s cute I guess. No one thinks about “cause and effect” anymore…it’s “Me Me ME”… :frowning:

I am so happy that you had a great time and enjoyed Art of Animation. I loved the staff there - they were fabulous!

As for the disrespectful kids - they come from the adults that let them do whatever the heck they want. I still yell at kids that aren’t mine and just get nastier when they get mouthy…:laugh:

Here are some of the photos we took of the Art of Animation Resort. There are a lot more but couldn’t spend all day uploading :blush:. I forgot how huge the display figures were, after seeing my kids sitting near them…:ohmy:

Hopefully this link will work:

2012 Walt Disney World, Art of Animation Resort.

Some of the display figures (the cars) are actually smaller than real cars. Except of course Luigi, who is a Fiat 500:laugh:

But look at Ramon and Flo. Those are late 1950’s full sized cars?!
The tailfins on those cars were very close to being wings and the cars were referred to as “canoes” because they were so big.

You want big figures? Look no further than Pop’s Walkman, laptop, and cell phones:laugh:

Edit: Your kids are really small, aren’t they? The cars might or might not be as tall as real life, but they aren’t as long. Just look at Fillmore the VW microbus.
One thing I like about AoA’s 7 new buildings (as in not built for Pop Century: The Abandoned Years)is that they are enclosed buildings and not catwalks with doors opening to the outside world. Although, I do like having a window that everyone sees as they walk past when we’ve decorated for Halloween or Christmas. Then I like having my door open outside like a motel.

I’m actually not a fan of “no climbing” signs. There’s a big debate in the architectural world… what is the point of art and architecture if we’re going to distract from it with a bunch of tacky signs telling people to use the handrail or not climb? We want architecture to speak for itself… and maybe it’s telling people to climb. I don’t have a problem with that, as long as people exercise common sense and don’t do anything stupid.

That’s the problem with the world… stupid people. If it weren’t for idiots getting hurt, there would be no “don’t climb” signs.

Now disrespect and vandalism… I have a big problem with both of those things.

One of the biggest reasons they killed spring break in Ft. Lauderdale was that kids would routinely climb from balcony to balcony on the higher floors and sometimes “slip”:frown: and the city fathers had had enough.

In the EMS world many moons ago we refered to it as “Survival of the Fittest” or the “Natural Selection to Achieve a Thining the Herd”.:eek:

Darwin in action.

I took the resort tour in September before it was fully opened and the Lightning McQueen decal was missing then too. They were still working on one of the Nemo buildings and the Little Mermaid section had not opened yet. They were still doing some painting to the Cars buildings as well.

Here some of the photos I took.
Art of Animation Resort pictures by C_Rainville - Photobucket

What a great way to miss the storm!!!