Just Got Annual Dues Statement

As a newbie to DVC, just wanted to check with you. When we purchased, dh and myself both thought annual dues were due at the end of the year. But, yesterday we received our statement. Does this sound right to everyone?

I thought you prepaid the year. Give your rep a call, they’ll fill you in.

No, we get ours in November ish and they are due by Jan but I have them taken out monthly from my checking acct.

Call your guide, that makes no sense at all. Annual dues are due in January. I’ve never heard of an annual dues statement being sent out before November.

I was about to have a heart attack…I thought they told me they were due in January. Back to school time is so expensive paying for all the kids clothes, supplies, and sports equipment. I would not want to have to pay my DVC dues right now. I’ve been putting money into the Disney account every month so we would have our dues when they are due in January. Glad to see others say that they are due in January. :smile:

Could they have sent out a statement just for BLT, since it just opened. People who got points already, pay from the time BLT opens till the end of the year. It is my understanding since we don’t get points till Dec., we only pay dues for one month for this yr.

Probably partial bill to get you up to the next billing cycle.

I really hate to see the bill come in this year with the BLT add on. It was bad enough last year but this one will hurt.

“You can never have too many DVC points, EXCEPT when the annual dues statement is due!” :eek:

You are correct. I called and they said it was prorated for this year. They couldn’t charge me my dues until BLT opened, which we all know is August 4th. So, this one is a catch up, and I will receive my 2010 Statement in December, being due in January.

I know it sounds funny, but I was kind of excited to get the Statement. I guess it’s just a reality check that my dream finally did come true, and that I really am a DVC member.

[QUOTE=bethishooked;986183]

I know it sounds funny, but I was kind of excited to get the Statement. I guess it’s just a reality check that my dream finally did come true, and that I really am a DVC member.[/QUOTE]

If you really want to get excited, the rest of us could send our statements to you too ! Just trying to make a fellow MBer happy.:laugh:

And feel free to pay them too! Why would we want to deprive you of all that Disney Magic?:laugh:

Hey, I’ll even add a few disney stickers to my statement. And I’ll enclose a pen so you can sign the checks with ease.

Let’s not forget the Mickey confetti - always so fun when you open an envelope!:happy:

Same here… The 1st two years we just paid the full amount in January and this year I decided to go with having it taken out monthly from my checking account, its easier for us that way…

I’ll go one better. When I send you mine, I’ll enclose an ASPRIN. They say you are supposed to take on when you are having a :heart: attack. :laugh:

Now who are we sending them to again?