Just got back from the store with My Nikon D3000

Thanks to all the advice from everyone here, I am now the happy owner of a Nikon D3000 :wub:and I have 112 days to figure out how to use it before our WDW trip LOL!

DH is so happy and has already dug into the instructions for it, so we should be shooting great pictures in no time!:laugh::happy:

Glad you found the one right for you. Have fun!!

I’m so happy for you! I would like to get one too. I can’t wait to see the fabulous pictures you will make. Have fun!!:happy:

I have the Nikon D5000 and LOVE it!

Enjoy your new DSLR.

[QUOTE=jen9804;1021708]Thanks to all the advice from everyone here, I am now the happy owner of a Nikon D3000 :wub:and I have 112 days to figure out how to use it before our WDW trip LOL!

DH is so happy and has already dug into the instructions for it, so we should be shooting great pictures in no time!:laugh::happy:[/QUOTE]

Just bought one last Thursday (D3000) it is simple to use. You won’t believe the clear crisp images it makes.
The only setback is that it does not record video and there is no live viewfinder… I can live without it when the pictures are this beautiful!!!

DVC Mike, you were the one who got me started on the Nikon 3000. I had pm’d you regarding your beautiful pictures and you recommended this camera to me. Then DH was looking at Wishy’s new TR and I finally got him convinced we needed to buy this camera. I can’t wait to see what we are able to do with this!

DH has a lot more experience with photography than I do, but that’s why I love this camera. I will be able to use it even though I am less experienced and yet he can add lenses and filters and have all the fun he wants to with the same camera!

So thanks for the advice! Now I just need to sort through all the recommendations from all the nice MBers here on what Video camera to get. I also have some more saving to do because the Nikon d3000 took most of what I had saved so far for both cameras!

Congrats! I wanted to upgrade an adult camea like that, but oh well some day…

Can’t wait for your pics

You will love the shots of WDW you get with that camera. Late last year I bought a Nikon D90 and we took it down to WDW in January. There were some days when I left it back at the room just because I wanted to travel light for the day, but once in the park I kept wishing I brought it along.

Because of all the modes on these camera, be sure to get plenty of practice prior to the trip and also get a spare battery and some extra memory cards. Enjoy…

This may seem like a strange request, but can you take a pic of your new camera with an old one and post it so we can see what it looks like?

Yay! So awesome, congrats! You’ll LOVE it!

Jess, is this the camera you have? I do need a new camera.

But the little movie feature of my little puny Nikon is such a terrific option. The movies aren’t great, but they have captured some of our favorite memories!

[QUOTE=MissDisney;1021785]Jess, is this the camera you have? I do need a new camera.

But the little movie feature of my little puny Nikon is such a terrific option. The movies aren’t great, but they have captured some of our favorite memories![/QUOTE]

I have the Nikon D60, whose name no longer exists, it’s basically the now D3000 version now.

Edit… whoops, I lied. I just looked on Best Buy and I think the old Nikon D40 now translates into the new D3000, the Nikon D60 translates into the new D5000. I believe, why do they have to go and change all the model numbers on us? haha.

Anyway, Bransworld has the D40 and I have to D60. We did a lot of comparisons on our cameras when we were in WDW this past December. Most of the features were exactly the same & photo quality was equivalent. I think the only difference technically are slightly faster shutter speeds in low lights on the D60, which is important to me.

I Googled it. Found a lot of info.

Here it is. I LOVE this camera. I’m glad that we have 4 months to try it out before our trip though. So much to learn!

One of the cool features is the “Miniature Effect”. It makes the images in the picture look like toy models. When you go to view the pics in the camera, choose the Retouch menu and go to the Miniature effect. It is cool!!!
Have fun with it, I love ours and can’t wait!

Here is one of the few first pics I took. This is our cats eyes. I took this from about 10 feet away, Zoomed in on her head and snapped it. You can see her eyes and the lines in her retinas… CLEAR. WOW!

Congrats and welcome to the Nikon family. You are stuck for life now!!! My wife is a semi-pro photographer and is reluctant to use anything but Nikon. We are on our 3rd DSLR and the Nikon is great in our opinion. She is planning to take the “big camera” in to the park this year so we should have some great pix. All of our previous pix were with our small Nikons, I can’t wait to see the good ones!

Congratulations! You are going to love you new camera. I have the D60 and love it! Happy picture taking.

My great Uncle was a photographer & he was the same way, never strayed from Nikon. He taught me well. :tongue: