Just got back from WDW

We just got back a few hours ago from 4 days at WDW. I have laundry to do so have to make this a quickie. We stayed at the Coronado Springs Resort. First time in about 5 years. It had its good points and bad, as all resorts do. The newly renovated rooms are very nice. We were in casita 5, room 5374. Really liked the double doors that divided the bathroom dressing area from the rest of the room. Really liked the queen size beds. Much better than the double beds in the other moderates. They were very comfortable also. We werent thrilled with being on the 3rd floor, and not really near the elevator but wasn’t a big deal. Not enough to complain about. We drove over to the main bldg for breakfest in the morning rather than taking the walk. It was a short walk to the Dig site pool. We liked the pool alot. My son and husband went on the slide about 30+ times during our stay. We liked the pepper market although it was pricey. Breakfest cost us $42 one morning. Alot for 3 people for breakfest in my opinion. After that we ate at Rix’s and had bakery goods. That ran us $18 this morning. Dinner at the pepper market was about $50 or so. It was good …better than fast food. The best part, aside from the bigger and comfy beds, was that bus stop 2 was the first to be picked up and the first to be dropped off at the end of the night. We always had a seat on the bus. And the bus depot at MK was terminal #1 so we didnt have to walk far to catch the bus back to the resort. For the $89 per night rate, we were happy with it overall. The biggest negative was the pricey food at the pepper market. Ohh, and the Rix’s counter for lunch…hate to say it but it was horrible. we had these chicken wraps for almost $9 a piece and they were just horrible.

The trip was alot of fun. Thursday we went to Fantasia mini-golf. Then afterwards had lunch at the hotel, got our room assignment, then hit the pool for a few hours. Then had dinner with family who met us. Friday we went to MK. Very hot, but the crowds werent as bad as we expected. Had a great lunch at The Plaza. Stayed at the park until about 4pm. Went to the hotel, took showers, had dinner, then went back to the park until about 10:15pm. DS had enough and wanted to go to bed. Saturday we went to Epcot. Had lunch at Le Cellier. Waited 2 years to get a table there. We had to maje separate reservations because they couldnt take a large reservation. The manager, however, was very nice and gave us a table for 10…with no wait (this was about 11:45am). Service was very slow. The soup was great. Nobody ordered steak. Sandwiches and burgers. The food was good…not fantastic like I expected. Ours (myself, my husband and 7 yr old) came to about $68. Afterwards we did a few more rides…didnt wait on line for more than 5 minutes all day…we used a fast pass for Test Track. Left the park about 4pm. Went to the hotel, went swimming, then to Magic Kingdom. Had plans to stay until 11pm but about 10pm it started raining so we called it a night. This morning we went to the pool for a few hours then went to Downtown Disney for lunch at the new T-Rex restaurant. The kids loved it. Food portions were huge! It wasnt cheap but the amount of food you get is worth it. Very similar menu to Rainforest Cafe. Then after lunch we walked around for awhile then left for home about 3pm. Got home about 6pm.

So for those who are going, the crowds were manageable with the help of fast passes, dining at the right time, and getting up early and getting out. It is hot so be ready!

Wow! We were there at the same time, but it sounds like we weren’t in any of the same parks at the same time. I agree, the crowds were very manageable if you got to the parks early and took advantage of fastpasses. Glad to hear you had as much fun as we did!

Glad you had a great time! : )