Just helped a friend

My boss from my last job had told me a few months ago that she was planning to take her two grandkids to WDW this August. So i emailed her today to ask how the planning was going and she had responded that she had only booked their airfare so far and she is going 8/23-8/28. I cringed immediately. So i emailed and told her she needed to get going.

So i researched resorts for her and really all that was available was deluxe resorts or SSR. She is probably going to book the Swan because it was the cheapest of what was available. I really had a lot of fun doing the research for her, i just wish she would have asked for my help months ago.

It was nice of you to help her out.

if you ever need any help, let me know. i am the queen of booking last minute trips…and i do quite well i might add, lol. not that i’ve done it every trip, but enough that i can say i’m a trained professional (shhhh, don’t tell dana) LOLOL :laugh:

Good for you for helping her out!

I know it’s been said here before, but so many people just have no idea how much planning is needed to really make the most out of a WDW vacation. They think that all they need to do is show up, then they’re surprised when things don’t go as they want.

Buzzers know better…

I could have helped her a lot more but i didnt want to overwhelm her. I told her she should call and try to make some dining reservations but not to be too upset if she doesn’t get into the restuarants she wants.

Nice of you Bran! I don’t think it would hurt to ask her if she’d like you to help with a couple of ADRs. She doesn’t know how lucky she is to have someone help out at this late stage!

My heart rate shot up when I read that she is going THIS month and hadn’t booked yet! I was freaking out when we were 6 months out and hadn’t booked yet. I’m used to booking about 8-9 months out. We booked 5 months out and all CBR had available were King Bed rooms…thank goodness that’s what we wanted! :slight_smile: Good for you for watching out for your friend.

WHAT!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Is it just me - I would NEVER book airfare before a hotel. A hotel you can cancel if you don’t get the airfare you want. BUt what if she waited and couldn’t get the hotel???

she had responded that she had only booked their airfare so far and she is going 8/23-8/28.

Don’t you just want to pat people like that on the head. They’re so cute.:laugh:

Brandon, I have said it once and I will say it again…you really are a genuinely lovely person! After my beautiful maps you sent me and all the trouble to went to to do it made me realise there are some decent caring people in this world still and that I am very happy I know you!
:happy: