Just made my first ADR

Im so excited, I have made the ADR for my daughters birthday breakfast at Akershus. Lol, I actually got a little teary talking princesses and the big day with the rep. Less than 5 months now. Woohoo.

Christina:ariel:

Isn’t that the best feeling - to make ADRs? I love doing it. although, this year I did the whole thing online. Still fun.

So, are you going to make any other ADRs or are you going to wing it?

The fun about calling is if you get a Cm that is as excited as you are about the whole thing… Plus, you might get to be on hold for just a minute, and hear some great music…

Im thinking were going to wing it. Im still not sure how she is going to react to the costumed characters. We have seen a few Disney live shows but she has never gotten up close to one. I will just wait and see how the meet and greets go and then we will look into more character dining the next go round. Im not willing to front the bill of the meals when she will be scared the entire time. but the fairies and the princesses will make it all worth while. Plus I figure me running up to every character I see for an autograph :mickey:will help ease her fears.

Christina

[QUOTE=christina101902;1057006]Im thinking were going to wing it. Im still not sure how she is going to react to the costumed characters. We have seen a few Disney live shows but she has never gotten up close to one. I will just wait and see how the meet and greets go and then we will look into more character dining the next go round. Im not willing to front the bill of the meals when she will be scared the entire time. but the fairies and the princesses will make it all worth while. Plus I figure me running up to every character I see for an autograph :mickey:will help ease her fears.

Christina[/QUOTE]

Oh I agree with you. I don’t think it’s wise to have more than one character meal for newbies. This would be overkill anyway. The characters are in the parks, after all.
I meant the other meals. If I were you, I would schedule dinners so that, in case it’s busy season, you have a place to go and eat. Those ADRs can always be canceled the day of :wink:

The rep I talked to on the phone said I had to cancel ADRs a minimum of 48 hours in advance, to not be charged. Is that just for character dining? Do the non-char dining options allow same day cancellations?

Christina:mickey:

That is only for dining where you give them a credit card number to hold the reservation. There are only a few places that do that. Most of them are free to make, change, or cancel as many times as you want. You can change any of them, but the reservations where you have given a credit card (castle and Norway) you have the 48 hours to cancel without penalty.
If you were had a Crystal Palace (Pooh and friends) reservation, and the day before your DD panicked at a character greeting, you could cancel at anytime and not be penalized… Most are this way.

That being said, people can make reservations as much as 180 days out, and they can be very hard to get at the last minute. I would suggest making them, and then canceling as needed… It is better to have the reservation than not, and try to get one.
If you have the dining plan, I would highly recommend getting reservations ahead of time. Good luck!

[QUOTE=christina101902;1057018]The rep I talked to on the phone said I had to cancel ADRs a minimum of 48 hours in advance, to not be charged. Is that just for character dining? Do the non-char dining options allow same day cancellations?

Christina:mickey:[/QUOTE]

that is only for your Akershuus and Cinderella breakfasts. Some of the signature restaurants as well, but not your every day kind of dining.

“Just a minute”?:nonono2:
I’ve held longer than that and have heard many songs while waiting during a single call.:wacko:

The reps at WDW are wonderful. We leave next Saturday. I procrastinated in making our ADRs and missed Akershus and Cinderella’s Royal Table. Today I called to reconfirm all our ADRs and I decided to give it a shot to see if anything opened up. I GOT AKERSHUS for 5 of us…one being our 2 1/2 yr old grandaughter. All she wants to do is see ‘Rella’ but I think the other princesses will do this time. The rep on the phone checked and checked while we chatted about our upcoming trip and she was just wonderful.

Lol I didn’t even have to hold long enough to hear one measure of music. It told me that all the lines were busy and then she picked up, it was perfect :mickey:

Christina

Awesome Mrsmouse so glad she is getting atleast one of the princess meals, I read sometimes Cinderella is there too. Its rare since she has her own spot, but supposedly it has happened per allears.net:mickey:

Christina

We have been twice before and never saw ‘Rella’ but I hope you are right. That would just make her day.