Just Relaxin' in the World

Just a quick note of something that caught me off guard and then I will write more later. Trip down was fine. No traffic, 300+ miles in just over 4 hours. Typical Rich I-95 cruise mode.

We are using RCI points and staying at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort. Pam wanted to save bucks so here we are. I do like the resort, but more on that later.

What stopped me in my tracks was that when we entered through the gate the security guard said “Welcome Home” after she checked our Id’s.:eek: I guess they are taking a page from DVC’s playbook.

Crowds REALLY light today in MK. Got in after 3PM. Walked on Space, Buzz, Haunted, Pirates, Big Thunder. AK was a zoo this morning, no pun intended. Should have hit MK first. HS tomorrow in AM and then the WS food boths at the F&G fest in Epcot for a roving tapas style dinner/drinks.

Have fun! I’d like to know how you enjoy Wyndham Bonnet Creek. I will admit that the Waldorf Astoria looks especially tempting at times…

Have a great time!

I know several people who have stayed there and all recommend it.

Glad to hear you’re enjoying your trip. Please share more when you get a chance. :mickey:

Sounds like you’re off to a great start! Have fun!

Need pictures darn it!

Have a good time,
-H

[QUOTE=GrumpyDad;1133054]Need pictures darn it!

Have a good time,
-H[/QUOTE]

I’m so bad about taking pics.

Quick funny update:

Sitting in our unit waiting for a AAA locksmith to arrive and see if he can fix the key cylinder on the steering wheel. The key will not go into the tumbler. Actually laughing at the situation. If he cannot fix it it has to be towed to the local Cadillac dealer. :eek:$$$$$$:eek:

So much for Epcot tonight followed by ESPN for the NFL draft. Thank goodness it happened at the resort and not in the HS parking lot where we were this morning.

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1133073]Quick funny update:

Sitting in our unit waiting for a AAA locksmith to arrive and see if he can fix the key cylinder on the steering wheel. The key will not go into the tumbler. Actually laughing at the situation. If he cannot fix it it has to be towed to the local Cadillac dealer. :eek:$$$$$$:eek:

So much for Epcot tonight followed by ESPN for the NFL draft. Thank goodness it happened at the resort and not in the HS parking lot where we were this morning.[/QUOTE]

…Don’t you just love cars??? They are like computers—fine as long as they are running well but oh so frustrating when something on them won’t work right. So sorry this happened on your trip but at least you weren’t at HS—or even worse at a rest stop on restaurant out on the highway…:pinch:

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1133073]Quick funny update:

So much for Epcot tonight followed by ESPN for the NFL draft. Thank goodness it happened at the resort and not in the HS parking lot where we were this morning.[/QUOTE]

Is it warm enough to swim? At least you could enjoy your evening.

My car tries to do that- have to turn the steering wheel sometimes,ugh! Not a Caddy though…

Been in for mid day breaks and each night.

No kidding.

Mechanic working to get the tumbler out and come back tomorrow with a new unit. I have a feeling there is a cold beer in my very near future.

Well if I had to be somewhere with a busted car, WDW is the place! ! !

=H

[QUOTE=GrumpyDad;1133088]Well if I had to be somewhere with a busted car, WDW is the place! ! !

=H[/QUOTE]

The only downfall from this is that we had planned to eat our way around World Showcase for dinner and drinks at the F&G booths. Ended up breaking out the nice sausage, cheese and crackers we packed.

I have a feeling there’s a big automotive bill in your very near future… :pinch:

Only $195.00 for 3 hours labor and parts. AAA has a preferred locksmith who gets all of the AAA work onsite WDW and the surrounding area. Not bad at all.

We even left a key at the front desk since we were heading to Epcot for a trip through the food booths. Got a call as we were entering Soarin, rode the ride, grabbed a taxi back and arrived at BCR as he was finishing. I can now start our car. He picked up the key and started putting the new assembly in.

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1133116]Only $195.00 for 3 hours labor and parts. AAA has a preferred locksmith who gets all of the AAA work onsite WDW and the surrounding area. Not bad at all.

We even left a key at the front desk since we were heading to Epcot for a trip through the food booths. Got a call as we were entering Soarin, rode the ride, grabbed a taxi back and arrived at BCR as he was finishing. I can now start our car. He picked up the key and started putting the new assembly in.[/QUOTE]

Glad it wasn’t too bad of a bill! Enjoy the rest of your vacation! :mickey:

If things have to be sticky - better they be so in WDW.